Can Autopatcher be customized for Win98/ME patches

Proving the concept. No point messing about with configuration if something isn't going to work. It's running through a test run as we speak.

Saying that, this SHOULD be everything that is needed to bring Win98SE up to date after a clean install. For my purposes, I won't be needing any configuration so I probably wont be taking it much further than this.

Still haven't found a way to do a silent, no reboot install of DX9, but this isn't necessarily a bad thing for me. I have stuck it as the final update so it's taking care of the reboot that'll be needed at the end.

Proving the concept. No point messing about with configuration if something isn't going to work. It's running through a test run as we speak.

Saying that, this SHOULD be everything that is needed to bring Win98SE up to date after a clean install. For my purposes, I won't be needing any configuration so I probably wont be taking it much further than this.

Still haven't found a way to do a silent, no reboot install of DX9, but this isn't necessarily a bad thing for me. I have stuck it as the final update so it's taking care of the reboot that'll be needed at the end.

Well sounds good... even though we won't be making a version for 98, I'm glad your version works. Also, it's good for anyone else who would like to manually make one for 98. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry if it is old question, but I'm newbie:)

I was wondering if there is some custom made patcher like AutoPatcher XP

that would update Windows 98SE with all patches that were available via WindowsUpdate site. I have many machines on my work that arent connected to internet so its very hard for me to update them.

Any suggestion or tip?Is there some big file with all offline update files for 98SE?

Thnx in advance

Hey Richy Highway is there a possibility that we can see your batch file along with all necesary files somewhere avaliable for download?:)

Or at least, can you name all files needed and where to find them after online updating ? :blink:

I've basically got it all working. Still no DX9 and I've just noticed I've not included the .NET Framework. It's rough, but it seems to work. Gonna do a clean '98 install now and try it from there.

If anyone has any idea how to make DX9b install silently with no reboot in Win98, let me know!! :D

Here's the .bat.

@echo off
echo Installing Internet Explorer 6...
echo.
start /wait .\IE6\ie6setup /q:a /r:n
echo Installing Media Player 9...
echo.
start /wait .\MP9\mpsetup /q
echo Installing KB819639...
echo.
start /wait .\updates\WindowsMedia9-KB819639-x86-ENU.exe /Q:A /R:N
echo Installing Q824145...
echo.
start /wait .\updates\q824145.exe /Q:A /R:N
echo Installing Q330994...
echo.
start /wait .\updates\q330994.exe /Q:A /R:N
echo Installing Q329414...
echo.
start /wait .\updates\q329414_mdacall_x86.exe /C:"dahotfix.exe /q /n" /q:a
echo Installing Q313829...
echo.
start /wait .\updates\q313829.exe /Q:A /R:N
echo Installing msjavwu...
echo.
start /wait .\updates\msjavwu.exe /Q:A /R:N
echo Installing js56men...
echo.
start /wait .\updates\js56men.exe /Q:A /R:N
echo Installing 823559USA8.EXE...
echo.
start /wait .\updates\823559USA8.EXE /Q:A /R:N
echo Installing 811630USA8.EXE...
echo.
start /wait .\updates\811630USA8.EXE /Q:A /R:N
echo Installing 329115_W98.EXE...
echo.
start /wait .\updates\329115_W98.EXE /Q:A /R:N
echo Installing 323255_W98.EXE...
echo.
start /wait .\updates\323255_W98.EXE /Q:A /R:N
echo Installing 323172_98.EXE...
echo.
start /wait .\updates\323172_98.EXE /Q:A /R:N
echo Installing 273991.EXE...
echo.
start /wait .\updates\273991.EXE /Q:A /R:N
echo Installing 259728.EXE...
echo.
start /wait .\updates\259728.EXE /Q:A /R:N
echo Installing 256015.EXE...
echo.
start /wait .\updates\256015.EXE /Q:A /R:N
echo Installing 245729US8.EXE...
echo.
start /wait .\updates\245729US8.EXE /Q:A /R:N
echo Installing 238453US8.EXE...
echo.
start /wait .\updates\238453US8.EXE /Q:A /R:N
echo Installing Q260067.EXE... (Shutdown Fix)
echo.
start /wait .\updates\Q260067.EXE /Q:A /R:N
echo Installing Euro Update...
echo.
start /wait .\updates\euro.EXE /Q:A /R:N
echo Installing 273017.EXE...
echo.
start /wait .\updates\273017.EXE /Q:A /R:N
echo Installing Root Certificate Update...
echo.
start /wait .\updates\rootsupd.exe /Q:A /R:N
echo Complete.

That shows his batch file and the names of all the patches, I think a Google search should find you all of them. :) And last he said, it was working... :) As seen here:

I assume since he never posted back, it worked. lol

FlishFun thanx for batch I think its possible to find all those files and download them for offline use, but what about this Internet Explorer 6 files? As I know it consists only from small Setup file that connects to Internet and download bunch of .cab's

Do you have a list of those files needed for installing default IE6?

FlishFun thanx for batch I think its possible to find all those files and download them for offline use, but what about this Internet Explorer 6 files? As I know it consists only from small Setup file that connects to Internet and download bunch of .cab's

Do you have a list of those files needed for installing default IE6?

How do I download and install a complete version of Internet Explorer with Service Pack 1?

Service Pack 1 for Internet Explorer 6 can be downloaded from http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/downlo...sp1/default.asp.

You can view the fixes in Service Pack 1 for Internet Explorer 6 at Q326489.

If you wish to download the complete IE6 with integrated SP1, to apply to IE 4.0 - IE 6.0:

1. Create a Folder, C:\IE6SP1, on the download computer and possibly create a distribution share.

2. Download Service Pack 1 to C:\IE6SP1.

3. Run "C:\ie6SP1\ie6setup.exe" /c:"ie6wzd.exe /d /s:""#E"

4. Select all the appropriate operating systems that you require.

When you are finished, a client can install IE 6.0, integrated with SP1, by running IE6setup.exe from the c:\ie6SP1 folder.

Use that, then his batch says: IE6\ie6setup /q:a /r:n

• 3 months later...