Need Help to remove babylon search

HI,

It's a little off topic. i have problem with google chrome. It works perfectly fine until yesterday when I opened a new tab it brought up something called babylon search. Then i found babylon toolbar was installed while i did not install anything for months (only updated adobe flash player and java)
Now I can't to get rid of it and it seems like I'd have to do something more than a simple removal from the "Add/Remove program" option. It must have something to do with the registry, but I can not able to clean that. The other day someone in yahoo answers suggest a babylon search removal guide, it's here
it requires to download an antivirus not heard before, I just want to make sure everything won't go wrong again.
so is there a simpler way to remove this everyone hated toolbar? Please help!

http://www.malwarebytes.org/ is another decent tool for keeping your system clean of such things as babylon search

This.

If it doesn't find anything malicious then your case is easier and you'll just have to uninstall the toolbar and reset your browser's settings.

Babylon is nothing, believe me, I've been infected with so much worse search bars that I rather qualify as pure viruses.