Diablo 3: Import your PS3 character to the PS4 version/PS4 version is 1080p60

Cool news, but I lost interest in Diablo 3 after playing it for a while on the pc.

It is interesting that they have not announced the X1 version yet.  I would assume that is coming. 

Lost interest when Chinese hackers gained access to my account, deleted my characters and made new ones to evidently farm items.

I'm sure I read a comment from Blizz back at E3 saying it was coming to X1 too, but cool they finally added character import. Now they just need to add PC import (Y)

Some PS4 stuff

?The DualShock 4 definitely has some really cool features on it,? Humphreys told IGN. ?A small one is the Light Bar. I know that seems like ?okay, whatever, that?s cool,? but one of the nice things is we can color code it to the player colors in the game. We found it?s actually already really useful. If you?ve been playing and someone walks away from the table and comes back, they?re like, ?which one is mine? Oh, I?m the blue one.? It?s a small thing, but very cool.?

More importantly, the PlayStation 4?s built-in Share button and PSN?s new social features have allowed the team at Blizzard to come up with some creative new ways to interact with friends.

?That?s definitely one of the things we really want to focus on for the PS4 version, new ways that we can incorporate social aspects into the adventures,? Humphreys explained. Those new features include Player Mail, Player Gifts, and a new idea called Avenger Kills.

The third feature, and perhaps the most interesting, are Avenger Kills, which let you take revenge on monsters who have killed your friends.

?Let?s say you?re out playing in the world and a lowly white monster manages to get that last killing blow on you,? Humphreys said. ?There?s a chance that that monster will level up and then a portal will open and the monster will jump through. And then maybe later on when I?m playing in my game, a portal may open up and the monster will come through and I?ll get a message like ?[your friend]?s killer is now hunting you.? And I have a chance to then take vengeance for this monster that killed you. It?ll be now a unique monster that has affixes and is much more powerful and when loot drops, of course, I?ll be able to get mine, but that I can send some back to you. It?s just kind of a fun way to help connect games.?

http://m.ign.com/articles/2013/11/09/blizzard-explains-diablo-iiis-exclusive-ps4-features

I hope PS3 owners can get a digital upgrade version for cheap, like the current PS3 to PS4 $10 upgrade. Especially considering it doesn't look like the expansion pack will be coming to the PS3 version.

Sounds like some cool features for the ps4. 

However, I would be more excited to learn that Heroes of the Storm or Hearthstone were coming to next gen consoles.

I'd love to see Hearthstone come to the Vita actually, considering they're planning to launch it to iOS and Android in the second half of 2014. Though, I suppose if they could launch it to the consoles, remote play would also work.

Heroes of the Storm I could see them doing on consoles. Surely, they may have gotten a taste for how much money there is to be made on them, enough that we can see their games spread across the platforms. So long as they cater to PC gamers first and foremost though, I don't mind.

Also, 1080p @ 60fps is to be expected. D3 surely doesn't look detailed enough to be taxing on such a powerful system...

Since this topic has multiple D3 stories in it already...

Diablo 3 on PS4 doesn't support Remote Play

Blizzard confirms new Ultimate Evil Edition will not support Remote Play on PlayStation Vita, though designer calls system an "amazing piece of kit."

Diablo III on PlayStation 4--the Ultimate Evil Edition--does not support Remote Play, at least not right now, senior level designer Matthew Berger told GameSpot at BlizzCon last night.

"Not really. Not for the moment," Berger said.

Part of the reason why comes down to the PlayStation Vita's screen being too small to effectively allow players to view the action and manage their inventories, Berger said.

"The Vita is an amazing piece of kit, but the screen is still smaller," he said. "And when you look at--and also it has its own aspect ratio--and when you look at Diablo III, there's a lot happening on-screen already. You get surrounded by your enemies, lots of effects flying off in every direction. The inventory can be pretty complicated to navigate sometimes when you have lots of items."

Berger did tease, however, that Remote Play support for the PS4 version of Diablo III is something Blizzard continues to think about.

"So it would be a little bit more of stretch. It's kind of percolating in the back of our mind, but we don't really have any plans right now," he said.

Remote Play allows certain console games to be played on the PS Vita. Nintendo offers similar functionality for the Wii U, allowing users to play some games completely off-screen via the GamePad.

Diablo III for PS4 will launch in 2014. Check back later for more from BlizzCon on the next-generation version of Blizzard's dungeon crawler that has sold over 14 million copies.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/diablo-3-on-ps4-doesn-t-support-remote-play/1100-6416081/