run-time error 7 out of memory

I get this run-time error 7 out of memory

just after the EULA of any of the 2 files :( any help?

forgot to add i just did a clean install of xp pro english version

with 512mb on pentium M (centrino) 1.3

I get this run-time error 7 out of memory

just after the EULA of any of the 2 files :( any help?

Original version or November Update? I ask because I thought we fixed that in the November Update...

its the novemeber update. i downloaded the update to the 4.0 gold one first. that idn't work out then i downloaded a complete new nov update still doesn't work :(

they work on my desktop computer (xp pro retail) thx btw its saved me tonnes of time :)

but doesn't work on my laptop which has a xp pro volume licsence from the company (i believe it is a vol licsence one its cd is called WXPVOL_EN) so i don't know :(

its the novemeber update. i downloaded the update to the 4.0 gold one first. that idn't work out then i downloaded a complete new nov update still doesn't work :(

they work on my desktop computer (xp pro retail) thx btw its saved me tonnes of time :)

but doesn't work on my laptop which has a xp pro volume licsence from the company (i believe it is a vol licsence one its cd is called WXPVOL_EN) so i don't know :(

Well hmm... I don't know then, last I heard it was fixed. I'll have Raptor take a look at it. :)

well - all my tests are done on fresh XP systems... :D

Most of mine are too, and I've never had that error. haha Well, at least he got it workin'! :)

• 2 weeks later...
i have had this problem today, and dont know how to fix it.

Give this a try, it's what Raptor has suggested for this error on other occasions:

do this:

start -> run ->

and then give:

regsvr32 /u "Drive:\Path\To\COMCTL32.OCX"

regsvr32 /u "Drive:\Path\To\MSCOMCTL.OCX"

regsvr32 /u "Drive:\Path\To\RICHTX32.OCX"

This will unregister all the DLL/ActiveX controls AutoPatcher uses... It's actually giving AutoPatcher the signal to do a fresh start, cause it looks like a program you installed entertained itself (hehe) over your DLLs :D

After this, you can run AutoPatcher again... if that doesnt work, ill have to give you further instructions :D

Hope this fixes it :D

/Raptor

I have exactly the same problem, tried to unregister the .ocx modules and nothing, still the same message.

I have a very weird setup on my VAIO the hard drive is partitioned in 2 (C and D drives) and has a windows folder in both partitions.

The windir variable is pointing to the c drive. Anyways, I?m thinking it?s better to reformat and make a fresh install

I have exactly the same problem, tried to unregister the .ocx modules and nothing, still the same message.

I have a very weird setup on my VAIO the hard drive is partitioned in 2 (C and D drives) and has a windows folder in both partitions.

The windir variable is pointing to the c drive. Anyways, I?m thinking it?s better to reformat and make a fresh install

Hmmm... that is indeed an odd setup. Let us know if you get it working (if you do the reformat).

I just finished a clean setup and everything went just fine.

I got only the .NET Framework 1.1 patch asks to insert disk....... :unsure:

This is the third time it happens to me, well it doesn?t matter. AutoPatcher saved me so much time that I can manually install it. :DD

i guess we can ditch the striped version of .NET framework and go for the original .exe...

/Raptor

Yeah, that's my plan... I'm gonna do it up like that and test it out before I release it. :)

goodie :D i hope we never hear about that error again :p

Well I've had 2 people test it for me (that were having the prob before), and they say it works perfectly now. :D So it looks like the prob will be solved. (Y)

FYI this generally happens when peeps for one reason or another quit the AXP patch process prematurely and then restart it at a later time.

If you allow the process to complete fully you will experience no difficulties.

Q