XP Autopatcher

I have a question about XP Autopatcher. I downloaded it, installed it on my main computer and my laptop. Super idea all the updates in one program :D After a little bit I noticed I was having trouble receiving email. Checked with ISP, no problems on their end. Running Outlook 2003, so I did a repair. Still could not download email. Went to my server box, same email program and mail downloaded fine, server is running Win2003 Enterprise. Tried to do a repair on Office 2003 with no luck. Also noticed that my download manager, Flashget, would not download either. Well decided to do a format on the XP box. Reinstalled XP Pro, did the autopatcher, and installed Office. Once again no email download. Installed Flashget and once again it would not download. Reformated again, installed XP, Office and Flashget. This time I did the windows update routine. Everything worked fine :woot: I know of one other person who has had the same problem. Has anyone else experienced strange happenings after using XP autopatcher????

Sorry, didnt see this area until I posted it :unsure:

That's fine... to answer your question... no so far I've not heard of this (in fact I use Outlook 2003 on the system this is being built/tested on). I'll look into it some... give me a little time. :) Also, tell me what extra options you chose when you ran the AutoPatcher (or did you just do it with defaults?). Also, welcome to Neowin! :D

@silly_walk - Thanks! :D

I used the default settings on the first two that I did, didnt realize that you could change the settings. Customized the second two machines and they seem to be working, but they dont use Flashget or Outlook 3k

I used the default settings on the first two that I did,  didnt realize that you could change the settings.  Customized the second two machines and they seem to be working, but they dont use Flashget or Outlook 3k

So everything works except Flashget and Outlook 2003?? This is quite bizzare. :/ I've yet to experience this and I've been playing with it... and like I said, I use Outlook 2003. :/ Don't worry... I'm not quittin' on this yet! By the way, what version of Outlook 2003 you using? Beta or Gold?

Hmmm...that's strange!? I use Outlook 2003 and Flashget 1.40 with no problems whatsoever after using the November version which was the complete download. You may want to check the settings for Outlook, your antivirus and/or your firewall. (I tried many firewalls and finally settled on the free version of ZoneAlarm. I'm also running AVG Antivirus.)

I just installed the November version on my laptop and now it is incredible slow. Disk activity seem to go to the roof.

Anyone else experienced this kind of problem ?

Piglet

I just installed the November version on my laptop and now it is incredible slow. Disk activity seem to go to the roof.

Anyone else experienced this kind of problem ?

Piglet

Hmmm... normally it speeds things up, but let me ask you this, did you defrag after running it? With so many patches being installed, some systems need a defrag afterwards.

Using the forementioned apps with XP Autopatcher with no problems as mentioned here.  :no:

Most have no issues (I've never had any, nor any of the people I have beta-test the releases before I let them out). Every now and then something shows up... but we've managed to either fix or figure out what caused the problems when they happen. I'd say in the November release we've had less than 10 different problems that were AutoPatcher related. And most (if not all) have been fixed in the upcoming Dec release. :)

This one really has me stumped though... nothing in the AutoPatcher should affect either of those two programs whatsoever. :/