Runtime Error 372

Hello everyone. I downloaded v4.1 of the AutoPatcher and am having some difficulties getting it to run on my system. After unpacking the file and reading the readme.txt file, I ran the AutoPatcherXP.exe menu program, clicked on "Run AutoPatcher XP" in the menu, clicked "I agree" at the EULA, and got a "Runtime Error 372: Failed to load control 'ProgressBar' from COMCTL32.OCX. Your version of COMCTL32.OCX may be outdated. Make sure you are using the version of the control that was provided with your application." On a whim (even though it isn't shown as a fix for this exact problem), I downloaded AutoPatcher_XP_NOV.exe from this thread and tried that...got the EULA and then the same error message. Any help on this would be most appreciated. Oh, and I do have SP1 installed. Thanks in advance for your help. :)

- jaz

That did the trick, Raptor...works like a charm, now. Thanks for the help! :)

Well I had missed this one all together, but I'm glad Raptor could hook you up. Hmm... you know, I think I'll compile a list of problems like this and post them in the F.A.Q. :)

Well, at least this was an easy fix...always nice to not have a major disaster. :D

Oh, and yes, little problems like this probably would be pretty handy in the FAQ, FlishFun, but it's nice to be able to talk to you guys, too. :)

Anyway, thanks for the help. The program ran beautifully. :D

glad it works... and... well... we're just neowinians... of course you can talk to us directly :D

/Raptor

Well it looks like he joined just to talk to us... so he maybe didn't know we're that easy to get in touch with. :)

I'm getting Run-time error '7' out of memory

I know I had this proggy opened before....any ideas?

Hmmm... this one I'll have to hand over to Raptor... so you may have to wait a couple hours...

do this:

start -> run ->

and then give:

regsvr32 /u "Drive:\Path\To\COMCTL32.OCX"

regsvr32 /u "Drive:\Path\To\MSCOMCTL.OCX"

regsvr32 /u "Drive:\Path\To\RICHTX32.OCX"

This will unregister all the DLL/ActiveX controls AutoPatcher uses... It's actually giving AutoPatcher the signal to do a fresh start, cause it looks like a program you installed entertained itself (hehe) over your DLLs :D

After this, you can run AutoPatcher again... if that doesnt work, ill have to give you further instructions :D

Hope this fixes it :D

/Raptor

• 2 weeks later...
do this:

start -> run ->

and then give:

regsvr32 /u "Drive:\Path\To\COMCTL32.OCX"

regsvr32 /u "Drive:\Path\To\MSCOMCTL.OCX"

regsvr32 /u "Drive:\Path\To\RICHTX32.OCX"

This will unregister all the DLL/ActiveX controls AutoPatcher uses... It's actually giving AutoPatcher the signal to do a fresh start, cause it looks like a program you installed entertained itself (hehe) over your DLLs :D

After this, you can run AutoPatcher again... if that doesnt work, ill have to give you further instructions :D

Hope this fixes it :D

/Raptor

Hi did this solve your problem as I have the same problem.

BUT the only place i can find richtx32.ocx is in the auto patcher folder.not on my system should it be there??

Edited by ukracer

they *should* be copied to your %systemroot%\system32 folder by now... attention... not system... system32!

%systemroot%\system32 usually is c:\windows\system32

/Raptor