i learned something....

i ran AP XP on one of my pc's that was running XP SP2 alpha build 1213

so i ran AP and ahhhhhhhhhh i was bombarded with a kajillion eroor messages throughout the patching process

so i uninstalled SP2, ran AP again, and it ran very smoothly

so a warning to all:

DONT USE THIS WITH SP2 ALPHA!

well November release wasnt that good in version checks.. but December will "ask" for Service Pack 1... November would allow SP2, SP3 etc... December will be more strict on that...

/Raptor

well November release wasnt that good in version checks.. but December will "ask" for Service Pack 1... November would allow SP2, SP3 etc... December will be more strict on that...

/Raptor

Good! :)

@cooldude7273 - What were you thinkin' trying this on SP2 Alpha anyway? :p hahaha

AutoPatcher is more like an advanced front-end to batch files... it's main functionality relies on batch files, however it has grown to more than just that... Multiple database indexing, Operating system/service pack level/hotfix detection and interaction have made AutoPatcher something more than just a batch file front-end...

/Raptor

AutoPatcher is more like an advanced front-end to batch files... it's main functionality relies on batch files, however it has grown to more than just that... Multiple database indexing, Operating system/service pack level/hotfix detection and interaction have made AutoPatcher something more than just a batch file front-end...

/Raptor

Exactly. And to help everyone out:

AP = AutoPatcher

APXP = AutoPatcher XP (For Windows XP)

AP2000 = AutoPatcher 2000 (For Windows 2000)

AP2k3 = AutoPatcher 2k3 (For Windows 2003 Server)

:D

Is the 2003 one even being worked on :rolleyes:

That's going to be the smallest AP thing ever :D

It will be worked on through Jan. lol And yeah, it'll be small at first, but it will eventually be huge at the rate it's going. :)