WZOR Talks About Windows (Codename) 9, Is a DP Imminent?

From the horse's mouth : :laugh:

https://www.neowin.net/news/windows-8-update-2-and-3-rumors-start-to-fly-grab-a-pinch-of-salt

(in comments section)

061742oo3xla3xh9w3b3qx.jpg.thumb.jpg

Note: Brandon Live is refering to the GDR that will be released next Spring - the release that MJF/Thurrott had been bragging as "Windows Threshold will be named Windows 9 and will be launched in April 2015"

From the horse's mouth : :laugh:

https://www.neowin.net/news/windows-8-update-2-and-3-rumors-start-to-fly-grab-a-pinch-of-salt

(in comments section)

"Last I heard, whether to call it Windows 9 or Update 3 or 8.2 or whatever was still up in the air."

That seems to contradict what you said about Update 3 and Windows 9 being two distinct releases. They're two potential names for the same release.

"Last I heard, whether to call it Windows 9 or Update 3 or 8.2 or whatever was still up in the air."

That seems to contradict what you said about Update 3 and Windows 9 being two distinct releases. They're two potential names for the same release.

He was refering to the rumor that "win9 will be launched in April 2015"(probably with some sarcasm), Windows 9 is a new Windows version, not a Update. :)

He was refering to the rumor that "win9 will be launched in April 2015"(probably with some sarcasm), Windows 9 is a new Windows version, not a Update. :)

At this point, I'm starting to doubt that Windows 9 exists. It honestly sounds as if Windows.vNext is going to be more with Windows 8.

At this point, I'm starting to doubt that Windows 9 exists. It honestly sounds as if Windows.vNext is going to be more with Windows 8.

Now you are going to get flamings from those guys who claimed that MS is trying to push away win8 because of the bad name and put up win9 ASAP. :)

Now you are going to get flamings from those guys who claimed that MS is trying to push away win8 because of the bad name and put up win9 ASAP. :)

I get flamed regardless, it's not going to change much. :)

• Like 3

I'm looking forward to this I hope the rumors are true :)

because it needs to be confirmed

The 2nd update must not be anything user facing because if the rumors are true and it's coming soon then we'd have had more details by now.  I'm guessing bug fixes, optimizations and API changes/additions for store apps. 

MS just added a "missing APIs" UserVoice site for developers to vote on APIs they want to see in the future for Store apps, so I think that'll be what we see in the next update compared to new features.

The 2nd update must not be anything user facing because if the rumors are true and it's coming soon then we'd have had more details by now.  I'm guessing bug fixes, optimizations and API changes/additions for store apps. 

MS just added a "missing APIs" UserVoice site for developers to vote on APIs they want to see in the future for Store apps, so I think that'll be what we see in the next update compared to new features.

No, the first official news about Update 1 only showed up a couple of weeks in advance. With Microsofts new policy when it comes to requesting builds inside the company, it's just logical that we haven't seen anything yet. It's the first time that there aren't any leakers for the software. This time, we realy will have to wait for Microsoft to give us details before we know what's in it.

Lol, no flaming I promise. I still stand by my opinion. You'll get a Update 2 this year with minimal changes, myabe just maybe the mini start Menu and that's it. Windows 9 next year :)

Lol, no flaming I promise. I still stand by my opinion. You'll get a Update 2 this year with minimal changes, myabe just maybe the mini start Menu and that's it. Windows 9 next year :)

Nah, I don't mean you. :)

No, the first official news about Update 1 only showed up a couple of weeks in advance. With Microsofts new policy when it comes to requesting builds inside the company, it's just logical that we haven't seen anything yet. It's the first time that there aren't any leakers for the software. This time, we realy will have to wait for Microsoft to give us details before we know what's in it.

Official news yes, but we knew about update 1 changes long before MS talked about it.   I'm sure they're way better at stopping leaks, people are probably scared after what happened to the Windows 8 leaker who got jail time etc.

Still, even those in the "know" have very little info about this.  In my opinion I still say it's small compared to update 1 IF it is true and we do get a update 2.  I think they're only looking at fixes and API related updates.

Official news yes, but we knew about update 1 changes long before MS talked about it.   I'm sure they're way better at stopping leaks, people are probably scared after what happened to the Windows 8 leaker who got jail time etc.

Still, even those in the "know" have very little info about this.  In my opinion I still say it's small compared to update 1 IF it is true and we do get a update 2.  I think they're only looking at fixes and API related updates.

There is a "feature pack" in Update2, don't know the details. As for dates, apart from possible leak(s), what I heard is : no chance in July, (very) slim chance in Aug, maybe in Sept. :)

I hope something big happens but more importantly, if it does, I hope there is a leak so we can test it :P