Video & Game freezing/stuttering/skipping...

You know what you said about listing all November updates for me? I know I'm being a total pain but could you possibly attach a text file of them - and maybe the October ones too? I'm just curious. Maybe I can drill this down to a specific update...

Q

Sure thing... let me dig up the list of the Gold version. :)

Never mind dude. I'm almost 100% certain it was the Via 4.50x 4in1 drivers - and specifically the Vga driver included in this package. Sapphire suggested this to me and said Via were aware of a problem, so I downgraded to the 4.49 4in1s and I haven't had a stutter for over 12 hours, which is a kind of a record for me.

Hopefully Via will fix it for the next release.

I was sure it had to be one single simple common cause, since it was common accross both computers.

Q

Never mind dude. I'm almost 100% certain it was the Via 4.50x 4in1 drivers - and specifically the Vga driver included in this package. Sapphire suggested this to me and said Via were aware of a problem, so I downgraded to the 4.49 4in1s and I haven't had a stutter for over 12 hours, which is a kind of a record for me.

Hopefully Via will fix it for the next release.

I was sure it had to be one single simple common cause, since it was common accross both computers.

Q

Well I'm glad you got it all figured out... 12 hours seems like a new record. Once again, just incase, I'm leaving this thread open for ya (or anyone else) if they discover anything. :)

Hmm... Well all still seems well, I have had a couple of scares, but this was only because I was running a Bittorent client in the background, and as data spiked through my system at various point of demand, it cleverly managed to mimic the exact same symptoms of this bug. Lol, computers and coincidence, you can never really overstate the relevance of one to the other.

On a side note dude, do any of your registry hacks mess with the internet time on my PC at all? I have my clock set to sync with time.nist.gov and whenever I try to sync I get a message saying "an error occured getting the status of your last syncronisation. The RPC server is unavailable."

What does this mean? And if it is related to AXP, how do I get my clock to sync with this server? I have pinged it and all seems fine.

Q

On a side note dude, do any of your registry hacks mess with the internet time on my PC at all? I have my clock set to sync with time.nist.gov and whenever I try to sync I get a message saying "an error occured getting the status of your last syncronisation. The RPC server is unavailable."

What does this mean? And if it is related to AXP, how do I get my clock to sync with this server? I have pinged it and all seems fine.

Q

Yes, there is an optional tweak that's turned off by default. It disables the Internet Time service. Check your services to make sure it's on, but if you didn't manually check it... no, no other tweaks mess with the time. :)