Neowin's NHL Discussion Thread

i know... i'm just saying, as a die hard avs fan it is my duty to fire back at your comment.. but it is common sense that an OT win is not really OWNING.

even as a Habs fan, if we beat the leafs in OT i wouldnt be too enthusiastic, id be more like "F__K YA WE WON!!! but barely :("

haha the baby in atlanta got benched. :yes:

niitty got us in first. :woot:

what about those crappy refs in colorado. must have woke up just in time to give the game away. :angry:

i didn't see the konowalchuk play but i did see foote's. it made me cringe but i don't think the refs gave the game away, they were penalties that needed to be called. 3 of yzerman's teeth were damaged and 1 was knocked out. with 1.5 seconds left, you don't need to lift someone's stick. there isn't enough time for him to get a shot off even if he did get the puck. a stupid play and a costly mistake by foote but i think the league will review it and suspend him, intentional or not. next game is going to be a great one, can't wait. :)

Yes, the refs definitely were letting far too much slide in the Avs-Red Wings game. I saw at least 3 penalties on the Avs that were far more severe than anything Konowalchuk did, and at least 2 on the Red Wings, too. That last penalty was rightly called, though.

The referees have been a horendous issue of late. Far too many missed calls. The two ref system was suppose to eliminate this problem but it hasn't. Maybe we should take one zebra off the ice and put him up in the box and call penalties from the box. Just a thought, what you guys say?

Atlanta Thrashers and City of Atlanta to Host 2005 NHL All-Star Weekend

http://www.atlantathrashers.com/View.aspx?...d0-2fc9862817b2

this is good news. i hope to go to the game and/or some of the festivites.. assuming there is a 2005 season

that's very good news. good to see the newer teams getting a crack at it. :) let's just hope there's a season next year. :(

Edited by kainashi

Watching NHL2Night the other day, they were closing out the show and Butchigross asked Barry Melrose about that 2005 All-Star game, asking if will be played in 2005, he answered YES. There are not to many columnists/commentators/analysts that I believe or trust in what they say, but Melrose I do, he is the best sports analyst in all sports. So if he thinks it will be there, i am going to believe him, maybe he sees something or knows something else. Lets be possitive, we all want hockey next season, I wont come back to it if they strike.

Watching NHL2Night the other day, they were closing out the show and Butchigross asked Barry Melrose about that 2005 All-Star game, asking if will be played in 2005, he answered YES. There are not to many columnists/commentators/analysts that I believe or trust in what they say, but Melrose I do, he is the best sports analyst in all sports. So if he thinks it will be there, i am going to believe him, maybe he sees something or knows something else. Lets be possitive, we all want hockey next season, I wont come back to it if they strike.

Keep dreaming dude. Melrose is not near the best analysist out there so don't count on the league and the NHLPA to resolve their issues.

Melrose is quite possibly one of the worst analysists out there, IMO...

I didn't realize how crappy the All-Star game is going to be until I saw the skills competition today. Talk about a snooze... Plus, there are very few 'big names' and the goalies didn't look too hot, either.

Melrose is quite possibly one of the worst analysists out there, IMO...

I didn't realize how crappy the All-Star game is going to be until I saw the skills competition today. Talk about a snooze... Plus, there are very few 'big names' and the goalies didn't look too hot, either.

The All Star game always sucks. Welcome to reality.

NHL is 3:00 PM EST.

NFL is 7:30 PM EST.

(Y)

I'll be watching both, my last chance for watching football for a long time and also a chance to get caught up in the NHL this season :)