Why Office11.0 folder?

It's no biggie, I just like to know as much as I'm capable of understanding. The directory, Office11.0\SERVICES shows up after running AutoPatcher. I don't understand for what reason this is. I happen to have Office 11 but this isn't installed until much later since I have always run AutoUpdater on a clean installation before installing any other software. Can anyone enlighten me to which patch puts this directory and what if any function this has? Thanks

It's no biggie, I just like to know as much as I'm capable of understanding. The directory, Office11.0\SERVICES shows up after running AutoPatcher. I don't understand for what reason this is. I happen to have Office 11 but this isn't installed until much later since I have always run AutoUpdater on a clean installation before installing any other software. Can anyone enlighten me to which patch puts this directory and what if any function this has? Thanks

This one has got me stumped... at first I thought it was the .NET update that put it there... but it's not. I've yet to determine which one it is, if anyone knows, let me know. I'd go through them one at a time, but I've been quite busy and can't right now.

lol Jason, didn't you notice that it was the Rights Management Client?

/Raptor

I probably would have, I've just been busy with other things and didn't have time to check it out... that's all. lol Tryin' to study for my A+ between workin' on the AP. :)

Wait a minute, APXP contains Office 11 updates? :blink:

Or am I high on weed

No... but Office 11 uses the whole Rights Management thing, so when you install the update that allows you to read them, it creates an Office 11 Directory. That's all.

There is a recommended update that has Office in the name, forgot which one. It's not the RMC.

I know. I do know it's fine and there's nothing wrong with it. Just don't know which one is doing it. lol

Perhaps it's the Sharepoint Migration tool? :unsure:

Hmmm... that's indeed a possibility too. :) It's also that more than one do it... so maybe all these answers are right.

There is a recommended update that has Office in the name, forgot which one. It's not the RMC.

I was saying I think that's the one. I also believe that is the only one doing it.