Formula 1 Silly Season 2015

don't like the mercedes nose, looks too small and feminine.

what's going on with mclaren honda? no more laps? i hope they will do better 2morrow.

don't like the mercedes nose, looks too small and feminine.

what's going on with mclaren honda? no more laps? i hope they will do better 2morrow.

I think they are still doing better than where RBR were at this stage last year although its not looking like a good start for them. Of course it looks especially bad when you have the likes of the MB doing over two race distances now on their first day, from Ted Kravitz reaction from Sky at lunchtime, 50 laps was impressive for a first day so god knows how he is reacting now!

I think they are still doing better than where RBR were at this stage last year although its not looking like a good start for them. Of course it looks especially bad when you have the likes of the MB doing over two race distances now on their first day, from Ted Kravitz reaction from Sky at lunchtime, 50 laps was impressive for a first day so god knows how he is reacting now!

i read rumors that mercedes is still using the old engine, might explain why they can do so many laps wouldn't it?

still it's early and not much can be said. everyone has to expect mercedes being the clear favorites ofc. but i hope mclaren honda can catch up soon. good point with reminding us where redbull was last year during all winter testing, still they looked competitive in melbourne and over the year. 

there seems to be like a poll. can hardly believe mclaren is doing this (asking and letting the fans decide) but since it's their official and verified twitter account, it might well be.

https://twitter.com/McLarenF1/status/561914918086410240

hope you all guys doing the same like me and FT not RT. 

i read rumors that mercedes is still using the old engine, might explain why they can do so many laps wouldn't it?

still it's early and not much can be said. everyone has to expect mercedes being the clear favorites ofc. but i hope mclaren honda can catch up soon. good point with reminding us where redbull was last year during all winter testing, still they looked competitive in melbourne and over the year. 

Exactly, the Renault Power Unit had its issues very early on, but it didn't stop them claiming 3 victories throughout the year. The biggest issue is, everyone is looking towards Mclaren to be the dark horses this year, but their issues last year were not PU related, they had the same engine (maybe not as well programmed etc) as the team who stormed the year and they didn't really come close to winning a single race. Maybe in Melbourne Magnussen looked threating at times, but I suspect Rosberg was playing it safe being the first race and his team mate had bit the dust so early on.

They might be using it now, but I've also heard that Mercedes (could be pure mind games) are claiming they've found both engine and areo performance that they never expected to gain. If there is a shred of truth in that then we could be looking at at least another first half of the year in which Merc look unbeatable. I think in Abu Dhabi (ignoring Ros issues) Merc were still able to lap almost 2 seconds faster then the rest of the pack on race pace, I'm sure other teams are more likely to find more time out of this years evolution, but I doubt 2 seconds worth.

End of Jerez test day 1:

1 Vettel (Ferrari), 1m22.620s

2 Ericsson (Sauber), 1m22.777s
3 Rosberg (Mercedes), 1m23.106s
4 Ricciardo (Red Bull), 1m23.338s
5 Bottas (Williams), 1m23.906s
6 Sainz (Toro Rosso), 1m25.327s
7 Alonso (Ferrari), 1m40.738s

Rosberg - 157 laps

Ericsson - 73 laps
Bottas - 73 laps
Vettel - 60 laps
Sainz - 46 laps
Ricciardo - 35 laps
Alonso - 6 laps

Haven't seen this but apologies if already posted;

The driver schedule for the four days can be seen below.

Mercedes Nico Rosberg (Sunday, Tuesday), Lewis Hamilton (Monday, Wednesday)

Red Bull Daniel Ricciardo (Sunday, Tuesday), Daniil Kvyat (Monday, Wednesday)

Williams Valtteri Bottas (Sunday, Monday), Felipe Massa (Tuesday, Wednesday)

Ferrari Sebastian Vettel (Sunday, Monday), Kimi Raikkonen (Tuesday, Wednesday)

McLaren Fernando Alonso (Sunday, Tuesday), Jenson Button (Monday, Wednesday)

Toro Rosso Carlos Sainz Jr (Sunday, Tuesday), Max Verstappen (Monday, Wednesday)

Lotus Pastor Maldonado (Sunday, Tuesday), Romain Grosjean (Monday, Wednesday)

Sauber Marcus Ericsson (Sunday, Wednesday), Felipe Nasr (Monday, Tuesday)

Read more at http://en.espnf1.com/f1/motorsport/story/189919.html#JYZRgH7xIHC3RHj7.99

I'm not sure its time to be too concerned just yet, however since Abu Dhabi i don't think they've managed more than 6 (maybe 7) laps in a single days worth of testing. Anyone hoping for wins this year best get ready to wait till the end of the season at least.

I think they have still managed more laps so far than RBR did last year.

devoted mclaren fan here, so obviously i can't be very happy with what i have seen so far. i know this might backfire but i really hope for more laps the next 2 days. i still think we can't judge them yet, performance might be competitive as soon as they get their stuff together. 

devoted mclaren fan here, so obviously i can't be very happy with what i have seen so far. i know this might backfire but i really hope for more laps the next 2 days. i still think we can't judge them yet, performance might be competitive as soon as they get their stuff together. 

You've gotten your wish (so far)

Timing screens are still out but...

Fernando Alonso

Ferrari is looking very promising this year, they have to get some podiums early in the season.

they always do in winter testing. years ago they used to run less fuel than let's say mclaren and when season started the others just show their cards and ferrari usually is midfield at best. remember 2011? they did over 100 laps a day, mostly they were fastest and then come melbourne they were nowhere.

same as last years. i wish them nothing bad ofc but only race day it counts and so far ferrari has shown a tendency to go only for winter testing championship.

mclaren honda looks better today and the learning curve must be much higher for this team than anyone else. starting to be cautiously optimistic. 

Apart from RBR and Mclaren, that's a pretty good day for everyone else.

From what I can see, no-one really dipped below the 1:23's last year so it shows everyone has made a nice improvement this year as I suspect not a single one of those teams other than maybe Sauber has gone flat out yet.

The Saubers sounded truly horrible last year. The crowd were laughing every time they lapped in Austin. They were so far off the pace they had the track to themselves so you could clearly hear them farting along.

Marussia takes step towards F1 return

23109.3.jpg

Marussia's administrators have announced the team will come out of administration on February 19 with the aim of taking part in the 2015 season.

Marussia entered administration ahead of the US Grand Prix last year after Russian backer Andrey Cheglakov ceased funding the team. It still has an entry to the 2015 championship and started designing, although did not build, a car to take part this year.

However, the latest news suggests Marussia - or Manor as it is named on the 2015 entry list -could still line up on the grid in Melbourne with new backers in place.

"Since the appointment of administrators negotiations have taken place with a number of parties to try and secure a long term solution for the team," a statement said. "We can confirm that negotiations continue towards a longer term viable solution for the business and participation of a team in the 2015 season.

"It is envisaged that, prior to the commencem

ent of the first race of the 2015 season, investment into the business will be made upon the Company exiting from administration via a Company Voluntary Arrangement ("CVA"), which is planned for 19 February 2015. A CVA is a restructuring process agreed with the Company's creditors which allows for a turnaround of the business and the creation of a longer term viable solution for the team.

"Given the confidential nature of the negotiations underway we are unable to provide further details. The joint administrators would like on behalf of Marussia F1 Team to thank all involved with the team for their support during this process."

A planned auction of some of the team's assets was cancelled last month, although other assets were sold at previous auctions. The team has also relocated back to Dinnington after its F1 base in Banbury was sold to 2016 entrant Haas last year. Marussia would have to receive agreement from its rivals if it is to run a 2014 car next year.

Read more at http://en.espnf1.com/marussia/motorsport/story/190625.html#tZf8vpC67CWHrIhX.99

Brilliant news, I know with the lack of Winter testing and more than likely not a lot of development against a 2015 spec car they are unlikely to be competitive but they were moving in the right direction last year.

I believe the FIA had already granted Caterham the ability to use a 2014 spec car this year so I don't see why these guys can't have the same agreement.

Ex-Sainsbury Boss Aims To Be King Of F1 Team

Justin King is part of a consortium trying to inject fresh life into the Marussia F1 team, Sky News can exclusively reveal.

Justin King, the former chief executive of J Sainsbury, is among a group of investors negotiating a multimillion pound rescue bid for the ailing Formula One (F1) team Marussia.

Sky News can exclusively reveal that Mr King, one of Britain