Dying Light easter egg: excalibur sword

I got my sword earlier today and for anyone who wants to get theirs, watch this video. you have to go to the southeast of the map on the lake.

how do you know what side to be on? the same side as the stadium where the huge broken bridge is, across from you. swim out to the rock, I mean you will swim a bit too, on the left hand side and climb up the angled slope of the rock.

once on the rock you will have to hold the "F" key for a few minutes, literally. but if you are willing to wait, you will be rewarded with the excalibur sword.

Here's the video which shows more in detail how to do it. But use your "F" key and hold it for several minutes. at times it seems like it isn't moving but it will. Never mind the bozo crouching up and down  :rolleyes:

http://youtu.be/NAKT3YVGQaQ

• Like 1

I got my sword earlier today and for anyone who wants to get theirs, watch this video. you have to go to the southeast of the map on the lake.

yeah, i was planning to get that later in the game.  so far it has being pretty easy, but if i start dying a lot, i will go get it.

(so far i have only died on the story mission, as i am pretty careful)  only time i died 4 times in a row and had to retreat was when i discovered a quarantine zone /trains/ by accident very early in the game..    boy did the runners killed me fast then)

yeah, i was planning to get that later in the game.  so far it has being pretty easy, but if i start dying a lot, i will go get it.

(so far i have only died on the story mission, as i am pretty careful)  only time i died 4 times in a row and had to retreat was when i discovered a quarantine zone /trains/ by accident very early in the game..    boy did the runners killed me fast then)

those night creatures hunt for you at night and just starting the game, you have to stay put in a safe house till morning. I'm in the process of getting the bribe money back to Rais ending hopefull the quest and I'll get the much needed antigen for the original groups needs.

too bad, you cannot use  that sword unlimited.   i will have to get more durability patches before getting it, otherwise it seems like a giant waste.

those night creatures hunt for you at night and just starting the game, you have to stay put in a safe house till morning. I'm in the process of getting the bribe money back to Rais ending hopefull the quest and I'll get the much needed antigen for the original groups needs.

a very mild spoiler, not actually telling you what happens...but:

boy will you be disappointed!  so much disappointment with Rais. 

well it is a zombie game, so don't expect a happy end to every mission.

i guess i have progressed further.  however i only venture at night when i HAVE to for a mission.  i did not learn mechanics of UV light or flares, and i only rely of stealth and running away quickly!

screw fighting.

too bad, you cannot use  that sword unlimited.   i will have to get more durability patches before getting it, otherwise it seems like a giant waste.

a very mild spoiler, not actually telling you what happens...but:

boy will you be disappointed!  so much disappointment with Rais. 

well it is a zombie game, so don't expect a happy end to every mission.

i guess i have progressed further.  however i only venture at night when i HAVE to for a mission.  i did not learn mechanics of UV light or flares, and i only rely of stealth and running away quickly!

screw fighting.

I kinda got that feeling from the load screen where your character says he hopes not to get ripped off by Rais. take him out back and chop him up with my sword if the game allowed in that case. lol wish we could keep his money for ourselves. do something better with it.

I kinda got that feeling from the load screen where your character says he hopes not to get ripped off by Rais. take him out back and chop him up with my sword if the game allowed in that case. lol wish we could keep his money for ourselves. do something better with it.

EXPcalibur is nothing compared to this.    this one is much much more durable and easily crafted.      just a heads up, if you are annoyed at all this kicking zombies, and want to just slice right through them.

EXPcalibur is nothing compared to this.    this one is much much more durable and easily crafted.      just a heads up, if you are annoyed at all this kicking zombies, and want to just slice right through them.

excellent find. i heard its more durable than the sword

i got the blueprint, and the parts are easy to find, though you need a lot of them

unlike the super short lasting and crazy hard to make sword blueprint.

it just saved me from a crazy amount of zombies at night.   i am not going to use it all the time (why would I?)     due i love to have it for tough spots, so i don't unnecessary lose my experience points for dying.

yeah, my sword is gone. I look throughout my inventory. unless i accidentally got rid of it. but it wasn't like it was worth keeping anymore. the tip was bent up too.

excellent find. i heard its more durable than the sword

i got the blueprint, and the parts are easy to find, though you need a lot of them

unlike the super short lasting and crazy hard to make sword blueprint.

it just saved me from a crazy amount of zombies at night.   i am not going to use it all the time (why would I?)     due i love to have it for tough spots, so i don't unnecessary lose my experience points for dying.

now i would love the shotgun too (shotgun + zombies?   come on!)     but i don't need it, so i am just going to explore on my own now and stick to main missions.

my biggest problem with my playthough of dragon age inquisition, is that i get distracted by side quests too much, and then i completely lost interest, and get to force myself to finish the main story... i spend too much time getting distracted!

yeah, my sword is gone. I look throughout my inventory. unless i accidentally got rid of it. but it wasn't like it was worth keeping anymore. the tip was bent up too.

if you picked it up from the island (and not randomly looted)             you should have a blueprint.  it appears after couple of minutes.     but it needs a LOT of crap. unlike the machete, that need the 2 most common ingredients.

btw, you can keep it, and it is still fairly powerful, compared to other crap, even when it is broke.  but get that hatchet.   it is AWESOME.

in a mad crowd of zombies, heads are flying.   like a ninja!    almost non stop slowdown animations..    like fruit ninja, but zombie limb style.

not sure if the sword was like that.      probably...     the damage and handling stat most likely depended on when you picked it up

pretty close. but the sword breaks down awfully fast

yeah, as you play it make less of a difference.   i still love to have a superpowered weapon like that, but i just got a weapon with 200+ damage and amazing handling for free.... and, aftr upgrades, i am not sure i need the special weapon anymore...

it is only if you venture in the area you are not ready for.

rifle shot to a head is 600+ damage.   so  if you are very careful with your shots, you can overpower long range enemies from afar, so they cannot get you.   and for regular ones, it is much easier, now that i get better stock weapons.

anyway.

pretty good game.    tons of visual bugs, but, fun wise, it is way better then dead island.    i am enjoying it a lot.

I'm on the school grounds mission. getting beat up by the bad guys but I expected that. looking for whatever they have in the school.

Spoilers**** do not view if you don't want to know***

t a[[

Dr. Zedere, who is trying to make the cure, if i remember his name, dies. you end up being caught and thrown in the pit fight zombies and a destroyer zombie. after you kill the destroyer, you go to a cutscene and Rais tells his men to kill you and you fight and kill them. then you cut rais's arm off and are on the run to get out of dodge. at what point you start to have seizures from your being bit so now your new quest it to get to the sewer to get to area known as zone zero. which is as far as I have gotten. I'm trying to find. kind of hard but I'll find the sewer to get out of dodge because GRE is complete taken out of the fold and you will find out the leaders in control of GRE only want the doctors work for weaponizing the agent. seriously on a side note. things turn out FUBAR fast so make it to the sewer and get out before rais finds you. this plot thickens VERY quickly.