Dopamine

3 hours ago, wetworker said:

Has anyone experience this.

When I have Dopamine playing music no other Audio plays on my computer, that includes YouTube videos.

The only way I can get YouTube audio is to kill both the browser and Dopamine.

I get the same results on FF,Chrome and Edge.

Maybe a problem with "Exclusive Mode" in the settings of Dopamine.

Works good on Windows 10 x64 14393.82 with a Asus Xonar U7 and Edge (headphones or speakers mode).

• Like 1

Thanks for the response guys.  I tried the latest version but the only version that works is Version 1.0.0 (Build 650)

Thank goodness because I usually record my Street Fighter 5 game-play while Dopamine is playing. Even street Fighter would have no Audio if Dopamine was playing at launch.

16 hours ago, wetworker said:

Has anyone experience this.

When I have Dopamine playing music no other Audio plays on my computer, that includes YouTube videos.

The only way I can get YouTube audio is to kill both the browser and Dopamine.

I get the same results on FF,Chrome and Edge.

Did you enable "Exclusive mode" in the audio settings? All reports I got about sound issues in other apps are caused by the user enabling that mode. 

I wonder if I shouldn't just remove it, as I'm getting a lot of such reports. Exclusive mode is a WASAPI feature that allows direct access to your audio device. It should allows lower latency audio, but also takes exclusive access to the audio device (that's by WASAPI design), which means no other software can play audio while another application has  exclusive access.

Or maybe I should pop up an enormous warning when the user tries to enable this mode :) 

2 hours ago, wetworker said:

Thanks for the response guys.  I tried the latest version but the only version that works is Version 1.0.0 (Build 650)

That's strange. Dopamine has had exclusive mode since before that build. Could you verify that exclusive mode is disabled when you use the latest build? 

4 hours ago, Raphaël G. said:

That's strange. Dopamine has had exclusive mode since before that build. Could you verify that exclusive mode is disabled when you use the latest build? 

I can't remember turning  "Exclusive mode" on but it's possible I did.  In 1.0.0 (Build 650) "Exclusive mode" was turned off by default  because I did a clean install.

I also just updated to the latest version 1.1 ( Build 681) and I can now play YouTube audio while Dopamine is playing. "Exclusive mode" is also off. 

Yes maybe a message about  turning "Exclusive mode" on might help :) 

Thanks for the help.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TruckWEB said:

All you need is a new VU Meter to go with the new EQ. :D

You got an example of what you have in mind? :) 

Hi everyone,

Another build has been released: 1.1 Build 685.

This is the changelog:

– [Added] Added a confirmation dialog when enabling WASAPI Exclusive mode
– [Added] Added Bitrate column on Songs screen
– [Fixed] Duplicate semantic Artist and Genre groups appear after performing a search
– [Fixed] Removed songs can still be played when pressing the play button

Only 2 issues remaining before the release of 1.1 final.

Download here.

Enjoy!

• Like 4

I need some help :) I've been asked to add a "Shuffle all" button, a la Groove (see screenshot). I like the idea, as it would minimize the amount of clicks required to shuffle all songs of the collection. However, I can't find the best spot to add this, without breaking the design.

Where would you see this button?

shuffle all.png

On ‎27‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 9:39 AM, Raphaël G. said:

I need some help :) I've been asked to add a "Shuffle all" button, a la Groove (see screenshot). I like the idea, as it would minimize the amount of clicks required to shuffle all songs of the collection. However, I can't find the best spot to add this, without breaking the design.

shuffle all.png

You could try a combination with the other shuffle button, like repeat button ?

Raphaël, did you make a change for the Album Artist tag? I've re-added my entire collection back into the latest release and they are tagged based off the Artist if the Album Artist is blank, which is exactly what I needed. Great!!

2 hours ago, accuratecopy said:

You could try a combination with the other shuffle button, like repeat button ?

Not sure. Pressing "Shuffle all" should immediately queue all songs. Th other shuffle just shuffles what's already queued. It might be confusing to combine both.

5 minutes ago, jasondefaoite said:

Raphaël, did you make a change for the Album Artist tag? I've re-added my entire collection back into the latest release and they are tagged based off the Artist if the Album Artist is blank, which is exactly what I needed. Great!!

Yes. Actually, somebody did it for me. The wonders of open source :) 

• Like 4

On 8/27/2016 at 2:39 AM, Raphaël G. said:

shuffle all.png

I've seen some music players place the "shuffle All" option at the top of the music list (list goes "Shuffle All" then #d songs, As. etc) and I personally like it that way

On 27/08/2016 at 8:39 AM, Raphaël G. said:

shuffle all.png

It may not be completely obvious but shuffle all is already easily possible by simply opening up the app and then double clicking any song from the artists songs on the right whilst having shuffle enabled - this is how I've used Dopamine and probably MusiX from the start.

Other than that I think the only other possible option would be to maybe double press on the shuffle option? so you have three states to switch between - normal top to bottom, shuffle playlist, shuffle all and then back again?

A new preview is available: Dopamine 1.1 build 694 Preview.

This is the change log:

– [Added] Added customizable online search for videos and lyrics
– [Changed] Updated the Portuguese translation
– [Fixed] Playlist window visibility incorrect when switching between Mini players
– [Fixed] Left part of Mini player playlist is unclickable
– [Fixed] Bluetooth headset play/pause button not detected

Download here

Edit: I also fixed creation of multiple instances of Dopamine when changing audio device. That's however not listed in the change log as it was a regression from version 1.0.

• Like 4

On 8/30/2016 at 9:46 AM, Skiver said:

It may not be completely obvious but shuffle all is already easily possible by simply opening up the app and then double clicking any song from the artists songs on the right whilst having shuffle enabled - this is how I've used Dopamine and probably MusiX from the start.

Other than that I think the only other possible option would be to maybe double press on the shuffle option? so you have three states to switch between - normal top to bottom, shuffle playlist, shuffle all and then back again?

Your way of shuffling all, is indeed how I designed it since the beginning.

I'd like to avoid double press on the shuffle button. But thanks for thinking about it. This feature is so hard to add :) 

7 minutes ago, dakn said:

How's about like this? Combining Groove into your layout:

shuffle.png

Shuffle icon is a bit massive but it was a quick mock up :)

This idea makes sense :) Maybe not 100% like this, but it looks like a good spot to but the shuffle all button. I'll try it out tonight. Thanks!

6 minutes ago, dakn said:

^ That image highlights a small issue: Artist names are case sensitive.

Indeed. It has been logged :) : https://github.com/digimezzo/Dopamine/issues/63 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Raphaël G. said:

This idea makes sense :) Maybe not 100% like this, but it looks like a good spot to but the shuffle all button. I'll try it out tonight. Thanks!

Indeed. It has been logged :) : https://github.com/digimezzo/Dopamine/issues/63 

I do use shuffle all a lot when I use Groove on the kitchen tablet but it's not something I've ever thought Dopamine needed due to what Skiver mentioned. Would still be a nice addition though. :)

@Raphaël G., how can I manually delete my library?

For the past two builds, Dopamine has wanted to scan my library each time I start the program. It scans the music and then proceeds to update the album covers, but this process never ends. And because of that I can't delete folders from the settings option, because it keeps saying "Refreshing your collection".

On 8/24/2016 at 9:59 AM, Raphaël G. said:

Did you enable "Exclusive mode" in the audio settings? All reports I got about sound issues in other apps are caused by the user enabling that mode. 

I wonder if I shouldn't just remove it, as I'm getting a lot of such reports. Exclusive mode is a WASAPI feature that allows direct access to your audio device. It should allows lower latency audio, but also takes exclusive access to the audio device (that's by WASAPI design), which means no other software can play audio while another application has  exclusive access.

Or maybe I should pop up an enormous warning when the user tries to enable this mode :) 

I think you most definitely should keep it. I, personally, much prefer a warning dialogue—and actually think it's a good idea—over losing such an important feature.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Setnom said:

@Raphaël G., how can I manually delete my library?

For the past two builds, Dopamine has wanted to scan my library each time I start the program. It scans the music and then proceeds to update the album covers, but this process never ends. And because of that I can't delete folders from the settings option, because it keeps saying "Refreshing your collection".

Can you send me your logfile? I'd like to know what it is trying to do.

You can delete Dopamine.db. You can find it in folder %appdata%\dopamine

1 hour ago, Jub Fequois said:

I think you most definitely should keep it. I, personally, much prefer a warning dialogue—and actually think it's a good idea—over losing such an important feature.

I decided to keep it. There is a warning popup now since a few builds.

• Like 2