Dopamine

1 hour ago, Raphaël G. said:

Can you send me your logfile? I'd like to know what it is trying to do.

You can delete Dopamine.db. You can find it in folder %appdata%\dopamine

Here it is:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-MxjFl00kwcVjF6ZzJlZmpEbW8/view?usp=sharing

And thank you for the tip. :)

EDIT: deleting Dopamine.db fixed the issue. :D

Edited by Setnom

50 minutes ago, Setnom said:

Here it is:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-MxjFl00kwcVjF6ZzJlZmpEbW8/view?usp=sharing

And thank you for the tip. :)

EDIT: deleting Dopamine.db fixed the issue. :D

Excellent! I saw in your logs that you used build 685 at some point. I made a mistake in the database upgrade in that build. I suspect that it might have caused your issues (I pulled the build after a user notified me of issues, but it was too late).

• Like 2

I released a bug fix build just now: 1.1 build 695 Preview

This is the change log:

– [Changed] Updated the Greek translation
– [Fixed] Impossible to update album art
– [Fixed] Search online doesn’t work on all screens

Info + download

Hi all!

Yet another build of Dopamine is available: 1.1 build 700 Preview

Download and info over here.

This is the change log:

– [Added] Added a shuffle all button
– [Fixed] Impossible to play songs with WASAPI exclusive mode enabled
– [Fixed] WASAPI exclusive mode confirmation pop up is shown each time the playback settings screen is created

Not sure if this bug came from this latest build but I added some new albums and it just hung forever trying to add album covers. I restarted Dopamine and those albums still don't have artwork.

58 minutes ago, dakn said:

Not sure if this bug came from this latest build but I added some new albums and it just hung forever trying to add album covers. I restarted Dopamine and those albums still don't have artwork.

Looks like the same issue I had. Try deleting Dopamine.db in %appdata%\dopamine , as @Raphaël G. suggested.

I broke the songs screen a bit in build 700. I released an extra build quickly: 1.1 build 702 Preview

- [Fixed] Shuffle doesn't perform a loop anymore. It is now possible to manually switch on Loop and Shuffle together.

- [Fixed] Fixed double clicking song on Songs screen only queues the clicked song

Download + info

• Like 1

On ‎25‎-‎04‎-‎2016 at 1:07 PM, Tuskd said:

Hey Raphael! Great release. But I am having a problem with my Philips SHB7000 wireless headset and Dopamine. When using my headset's media keys, Next and Previous works as expected but Play/Pause doesn't work. Its not picked up by your Keyboardtest. Groove Music has no problem with my headset.

^ For Next and Previous. Nothing recorded for Play/Pause.

Back in April I posted this. I think it was build 640. Back then I had to use Groove to satisfy my needs, so never really cared about using it when in Dopamine. Surprisingly It is fixed in build 700 and I have no problems using my headset. Went through each changelog, don't know what fixed the issue, .NET upgrade, or WASAPI or the Windows 10 AU. Now I don't need Groove at all :D

EDIT: Tried to install the 660 stable release by uninstalling the current version to check when it got fixed, got an Oops error at startup and got this in details.

SQL logic error or missing database
no such table: Configurations

EDIT2: Back on build 702 and no issues so far. Strange, I thought a stable release had to be... 'stable'

Edited by Tuskd

1 minute ago, Tuskd said:

Back in April I posted this. I think it was build 640. Back then I had to use Groove to satisfy my needs, so never really cared about using it when in Dopamine. Surprisingly It is fixed in build 700 and I have no problems using my headset. Went through each changelog, don't know what fixed the issue, .NET upgrade, or WASAPI or the Windows 10 AU. Now I don't need Groove at all :D

Thanks for confirming this! :) It was explicitly fixed in Dopamine build 694. See change log item:

- [Fixed] Bluetooth headset play/pause button not detected

I open sourced Dopamine a while ago, and someone else fixed the bug for me. Good thing, because I didn't know where to start and also don't have a Bluetooth headset to test with.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Raphaël G. said:

Thanks for confirming this! :) It was explicitly fixed in Dopamine build 694. See change log item:

- [Fixed] Bluetooth headset play/pause button not detected

I open sourced Dopamine a while ago, and someone else fixed the bug for me. Good thing, because I didn't know where to start and also don't have a Bluetooth headset to test with.

Oh shoot, didn't see that. Plus this issue of going back to the stable release is there, got the OOPS screen again with build 660:/

What do you mean? You installed build 700, and then reverted to build 660? If yes, the Oops screen is expected. Build 660 is not compatible with the database of recent builds.

You'll have to delete the %appdata%\Dopamine folder if you want to use build 660 again.

Another build was released: 1.1 build 704 Preview

Build releases are following each other rather quickly. I'm ironing out bugs fast for the 1.1 release (getting close).

This is the changelog:

– [Changed] Removed search field on Cloud screen
– [Fixed] Equalizer manual preset values incorrectly saved, causing audio engine crash.

Download here

• Like 4

On 9/5/2016 at 7:20 PM, Tuskd said:

Oh shoot, didn't see that. Plus this issue of going back to the stable release is there, got the OOPS screen again with build 660:/

I'll need your help. Could you try out build 708, to check if your headset still works fine with it? You can get that build here

The headset fix broke media keys for other users, and I now attempted to fix it for everyone (or at least for as much people as possible).

17 hours ago, Raphaël G. said:

I'll need your help. Could you try out build 708, to check if your headset still works fine with it? You can get that build here

The headset fix broke media keys for other users, and I now attempted to fix it for everyone (or at least for as much people as possible).

all good here. both on headset and keyboard

2 hours ago, Tuskd said:

all good here. both on headset and keyboard

Thanks! I got confirmation from a second headset user, and also from someone where keyboard media keys were broken. Everything seems to work.

Another build was just released: 1.1 build 709 preview

This is the change log:

– [Changed] Adjusted built-in equalizer presets so their effect on the audio is more noticeable
– [Fixed] Album cover not displayed when playing a file from explorer
– [Fixed] Improved detection of media keys

Download here

• Like 2

Hi all,

Version 1.1 final is almost ready. That means that development on 1.2 will start soon. In 1.2 I'd like to add scrobbling, as it is a much demanded feature. I have no experience with scrobbling, so I'll need some input here.

Do you have examples of how scrobbling should work and which scrobbling features are a must-have?

Thanks!

• Like 1

Sorry, i don't use scrobbling, can't help on this one, used to scrobble long time ago with foobar2000 and last.fm.

I have a request, maybe it is already asked : it is possible to add support for DSD files ?

Thank you!

Nice work on 1.1. :)

This seems like a good time to re-request a feature - a fixed playback device setting. I'd use Dopamine a lot more often if I didn't have to manually change my output device to speakers, then back to headphones, every time I use it.

1 hour ago, PabUK said:

Nice work on 1.1. :)

This seems like a good time to re-request a feature - a fixed playback device setting. I'd use Dopamine a lot more often if I didn't have to manually change my output device to speakers, then back to headphones, every time I use it.

Thanks!

Could you explain a bit more how you use audio players? I can provide a list of available audio devices, but you'll still have to switch the device manually when changing from speakers to headphones.

My setup is as follows; I have my onboard Realtek sound system set to treat my headphone and speaker jacks as separate audio devices. Windows is set to use "Headphones" as the default device, which leaves a 2nd "Speakers" device spare. Most of my listening is done through the headphones (e.g. YouTube, games) which requires no further setup as they are the default device. When I use foobar2000 to play music, it is set to output to the secondary "Speakers" device so that music comes through the speakers instead.

Basically, it's all just a way to automate having music play through the speakers, and everything else through the headphones. This way, I hardly ever need to change the default output device, a current exception being Dopamine for example.

3 hours ago, PabUK said:

My setup is as follows; I have my onboard Realtek sound system set to treat my headphone and speaker jacks as separate audio devices. Windows is set to use "Headphones" as the default device, which leaves a 2nd "Speakers" device spare. Most of my listening is done through the headphones (e.g. YouTube, games) which requires no further setup as they are the default device. When I use foobar2000 to play music, it is set to output to the secondary "Speakers" device so that music comes through the speakers instead.

Basically, it's all just a way to automate having music play through the speakers, and everything else through the headphones. This way, I hardly ever need to change the default output device, a current exception being Dopamine for example.

OK thanks. That's what I wanted to know. If I give you a list of audio devices in Dopamine, you'll be able to do this.