Dopamine

I released a small update (v1.1.1) of Dopamine, which fixes an issue in 1.1.

Somehow, the flag, to run as a true 64 bit application on 64 bit systems, got disabled in the 1.1 release. I fixed that in version 1.1.1.

- [Changed] Updated the Portuguese translation

- [Fixed] Dopamine is not running as a 64 bit application on 64 bit systems

Download and info here 

10 hours ago, Ned said:

so...does the 64 bit version install under program files (x86) no matter what I set it to?

Apparently (I wasn't fully aware of that), it always installs in "Program Files (x86)" whether or not you choose "Program Files (x86)" or "Program Files" because the MSI installer is a 32 bit installer. Windows Installer doesn't allow a 32 bit installer to write files in "Program Files". The only solution would be that I create 2 installers: 1 for 32 bit systems and 1 for 64 bit systems. That generates a considerable amount of extra work, so it's not for now. See this issue for more details: https://github.com/digimezzo/Dopamine/issues/155

For other directories: if you configure a directory which is none of the "Program Files" directories, it does install it there.

The first preview build of Dopamine 1.2 is available.

This is the change log:

– [Changed] “Columns…” button on Songs screen was moved to right-click menu
– [Changed] Playback controls pane is narrower
– [Changed] Updated the Chinese Traditional translation
– [Changed] Updated the Chinese Simplified translation
– [Changed] Updated the Spanish translation
– [Changed] Comment field is now multiline
– [Fixed] Album art not displayed on background of Now playing screen when double-clicking files from explorer
– [Fixed] Manual equalizer preset is not translated when selected
– [Fixed] Chinese metadata is garbled

Download and info over here.

Another preview build of Dopamine 1.2 is available: 1.2 build 724 Preview
It adds some small but handy features. Here is the change log:

– [Added] Added “Play with Dopamine” to the Windows folder context menu
– [Added] Added “Add to playlist > New playlist…” on the context menu of all screens
– [Changed] Tweaked switching of cover art on album change
– [Changed] Tweaked switching of playback information on song change
– [Fixed] Rating to MP3 files doesn’t work if the file is not in the collection
– [Fixed] Clicking a scrollbar plays the selected item

Download here

On 9/18/2016 at 5:34 PM, pluriel said:

I want to ask l,  if Dopamine already can read Replaygain tags?

Overall player is just great!

Not yet. No ETA when this will be available yet. I've created issue 160 for this.

On 9/19/2016 at 7:27 PM, Mr Smith said:

Please allow pane customization. So I can make a personal layout like MusicBee

I'm not sure that will ever happen. Dopamine was created just because it's players like MusicBee that didn't suit me.

A new build of Dopamine is available: 1.2 build 728 (Preview)

This one adds Last.fm scrobbling.

This is the change log:

– [Added] Added Last.fm scrobbling
– [Fixed] Search field not always visible when coming back from Settings or Information pages

Download here

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Ravensky said:

What is LastFM Scrobbling?

Scrobbling sends the songs you're listening to to http://www.last.fm/

Based on what you listen to, last.fm builds up a statistics database, and can offer you suggestions (like similar artists,...), or show what is most listen to and other stuff I don't know much about, as it is very new to me. It seems popular among music lovers, as this feature has been massively requested.

To be able to scrobble, you'll need a last.fm account, that you have to provide in the Dopamine settings. Then you'll need to sign in, from within Dopamine. As of then, as soon as you start playing songs, they'll be scrobbled according to the last.fm rules (after playing half a song for example).

In the near future, I'd like to use last.fm as a source for album covers and artist info. Their API seems to provide a rather easy way of getting that info. Getting info doesn't require a last.fm account, it's only the scrobbling part (sending data) that requires an account.

• Like 2

It seems that Dopamine has created a hidden folder on my Google drive.  Is there a way this can be removed?

I have moved on to Linux and there is no visible way to delete it using my account.

I can view the hidden files by attaching my Xunbuntu account to my Google account and then mount the drive, and then view the hidden files/folders.

4 hours ago, Raphaël G. said:

This is the change log:

– [Fixed] Search field not always visible when coming back from Settings or Information pages

Download here

Yay, last.fm scrobbling is what I've been waiting for :)

5 hours ago, Medfordite said:

It seems that Dopamine has created a hidden folder on my Google drive.  Is there a way this can be removed?

I have moved on to Linux and there is no visible way to delete it using my account.

I can view the hidden files by attaching my Xunbuntu account to my Google account and then mount the drive, and then view the hidden files/folders.

I'm not sure I understand. What kind of folder? Which actions did you perform to have Dopamine create a folder on google drive?

I've programmed Dopamine to only makes these 2 folders:

c:\Program Files (x86)\Dopamine

%appdata%\Dopamine

Hey Raphaël,

It is possible to contribute to the FR translation, directly in Github ?

How can i do it ?

Off Topic : A nice thing has been added to the new Windows Insider Preview release, USB 2.0 audio driver :). I have to test it over the weekend.

38 minutes ago, accuratecopy said:

Hey Raphaël,

It is possible to contribute to the FR translation, directly in Github ?

How can i do it ?

Off Topic : A nice thing has been added to the new Windows Insider Preview release, USB 2.0 audio driver :). I have to test it over the weekend.

Yes, that should be possible. You can edit the FR.xml in your fork of Dopamine and then send me a pull request so I can pull you changes in my branch.

On 9/21/2016 at 10:09 PM, Raphaël G. said:

I'm not sure I understand. What kind of folder? Which actions did you perform to have Dopamine create a folder on google drive?

I've programmed Dopamine to only makes these 2 folders:

c:\Program Files (x86)\Dopamine

%appdata%\Dopamine

I do not know.  I just know that it is there.  Never linked Google drive to my Windows system.  Not sure how it got there honestly.  Maybe after all it is not your app.   

5 hours ago, Medfordite said:

I do not know.  I just know that it is there.  Never linked Google drive to my Windows system.  Not sure how it got there honestly.  Maybe after all it is not your app.   

How is that folder called?

On 21/09/2016 at 7:53 PM, Raphaël G. said:

This is the change log:

Download here

Hi, Raphaël!
You have an e-mail with the updated Spanish (Spain) translation for this version :)

On 9/26/2016 at 3:05 AM, Jackaluichi said:

Hi, Raphaël!
You have an e-mail with the updated Spanish (Spain) translation for this version :)

Thanks, I've included it :)

• Like 1