Dopamine

5 minutes ago, Raphaël G. said:

That sure is fancy! :) I don't know what I'll do with the info yet, but I might try it out.

In other news: I added lyrics source information to the lyrics screen (tonight's build will have it). Left shows online lyrics, right shows embedded lyrics.

lyrics source.png

I love the lyrics improvements, hate the spinning disc thing... that's awful. That is just my opinion, I am not criticizing anyone's idea.  Thinking outside the box is great, but if you decided to implement that allow me some way to turn it off and keep the way it is now :)  Nice job as always.

Just now, Ravensky said:

I love the lyrics improvements, hate the spinning disc thing... that's awful. That is just my opinion, I am not criticizing anyone's idea.  Thinking outside the box is great, but if you decided to implement that allow me some way to turn it off and keep the way it is now :)  Nice job as always.

Don't worry, if it ever makes it, it would be an option as it doesn't work with all types of covers.

Alright, as promised, here it is: 1.2 build 820 (preview) has just been released:

This is the change log:

– [Added] Option to search for lyrics again on the lyrics screen
– [Added] The source of the lyrics is now displayed on the lyrics screen
– [Changed] Upgraded to the latest version of CSCore Audio Library
– [Changed] Dopamine now has 3 automatic lyrics providers: LyricWikia, Lololyrics and ChartLyrics.
– [Fixed] Multiple when switching audio devices
– [Fixed] Notifications cause closing of tray controls

Download here

• Like 4

I am updating some movies on my Plex server tonight, and realise how much I'd love something like Dopamine for my Xbox, which is currently the main media player in our house.

Plex is great for movies. Great. For music though, meh. I'd rather something like Dopamine. Whadya reckon Raph :) UWP time again? ;)

3 hours ago, ZipZapRap said:

I am updating some movies on my Plex server tonight, and realise how much I'd love something like Dopamine for my Xbox, which is currently the main media player in our house.

Plex is great for movies. Great. For music though, meh. I'd rather something like Dopamine. Whadya reckon Raph :) UWP time again? ;)

There is still no decent UWP audio player? If that's the case, I guess it would be UWP time indeed.

2 hours ago, Raphaël G. said:

There is still no decent UWP audio player? If that's the case, I guess it would be UWP time indeed.

I downloaded your latest build. I saw the new track appear in the upper right. Can you make the background opaque, invisible? 

question Some people with gaming laptops and desktops have high definition audio and use varying softwares to enhance the sound, Bass etc.

My laptop here uses dynaudio with Realtek drivers. I hope it isn't a huge endeavor to request in the future to 

place an icon for these utilities to access them from the interface? I was thinking about having the icon on the equalizer interface? So as to NOT clutter up the players interface as it is. Its a clean interface in my opinion.

1 hour ago, LittleFroggy said:

I downloaded your latest build. I saw the new track appear in the upper right. Can you make the background opaque, invisible? 

question Some people with gaming laptops and desktops have high definition audio and use varying softwares to enhance the sound, Bass etc.

My laptop here uses dynaudio with Realtek drivers. I hope it isn't a huge endeavor to request in the future to 

place an icon for these utilities to access them from the interface? I was thinking about having the icon on the equalizer interface? So as to NOT clutter up the players interface as it is. Its a clean interface in my opinion.

Transparent notifications: I'm not sure about that. The current look and feel of the notifications doesn't fit with a transparent background, it'll have to be a different type of notification. But I'm not saying never. Just, not right now.

Support for 3rd party tools: I'm afraid I won't do that. I see 2 issues:

1. I try to keep a balance between built-in features and minimalism. Adding UI elements to 3rd party software would break that (even if it's hidden in a sub-screen).

2. Maintainability: I have no control over who has what and where installed. Supporting all systems is already a time-consuming endeavor right now. Adding support for 3rd party software, and trying to keep up with all the issues this could generate, would just kill it.

33 minutes ago, dakn said:

New selection box is much much better, thank you. :)

Thanks. I like it too myself :)

35 minutes ago, Raphaël G. said:

Transparent notifications: I'm not sure about that. The current look and feel of the notifications doesn't fit with a transparent background, it'll have to be a different type of notification. But I'm not saying never. Just, not right now.

Support for 3rd party tools: I'm afraid I won't do that. I see 2 issues:

1. I try to keep a balance between built-in features and minimalism. Adding UI elements to 3rd party software would break that (even if it's hidden in a sub-screen).

2. Maintainability: I have no control over who has what and where installed. Supporting all systems is already a time-consuming endeavor right now. Adding support for 3rd party software, and trying to keep up with all the issues this could generate, would just kill it.

Thanks. I like it too myself :)

oh sorry, I didn't clarify myself better: it's a little consuming sifting around for my audio enhancement program/utility when I could access it from/through your app.

But I see a massive issue in additional programming on your part. Here are some of Nahimic 2's features within the adjustment utility. 

article_147486004957e89411a39c30.jpg

On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 9:59 AM, Raphaël G. said:

Personally, it would be really nice to have a UWP player that could sync smart playlists like Winamp's wonderfully flexible Smart Views between desktop and phone. A music player that could do that and had Wi-Fi/LAN sync (like Zune) would be killer.

On 12/8/2016 at 1:28 AM, Ned said:

Hey, are you able to edit the first post in this thread to correct the links?  Because you should if you can.  You're not really linking to your project anymore.

I've corrected the first post. Thanks.

A new preview of Dopamine is available: Dopamine 1.2 Build 831 (Preview)

This is the change log:

– [Added] Previews will, from now on, show a little “bug” icon on the main Window. It allows easy access to the log file.
– [Added] The last played song and its progress is now remembered on next start
– [Added] Added “Play next” feature
– [Added] Songs screen has an optional column that shows if a song has lyrics
– [Changed] Automatic lyrics providers are now queried randomly
– [Changed] When enabling “Open the last selected page at startup”, the last selected Now Playing page is now also remembered.
– [Fixed] Main window is still visible in ALT-TAB menu when minimized or closed to tray

Enjoy!

Download here

1 hour ago, jasondefaoite said:

How to enable this?

Cheers!

Right-click on the songs screen, select "Lyrics".

Untitled.png

With the Artist view, if you select an album which is a multi-disc album, the songs show correctly in the 3rd column, but there is no separation in the list. Thoughts on adding disc 1, disc 2 etc in the UI as a separator in the song list for the selected album? 

Another preview of Dopamine is available: 1.2 build 837 (preview)
This is the change log:

– [Changed] The list of artist now always shows all artists (song and album artists). The artist toggle wasn’t reliable.
– [Changed] Relocated the Shuffle all button again
– [Fixed] Lyrics sometimes fail to show
– [Fixed] Removed blurry background when semantic zoom is visible. It made semantic zoom harder to read.
– [Fixed] Now Playing doesn’t respect the song order of playlists when double clicking a playlist
– [Fixed] Some possible crashes

Download here as usual.

• Like 2

On 12/9/2016 at 6:45 PM, Raphaël G. said:

– [Added] Previews will, from now on, show a little “bug” icon on the main Window. It allows easy access to the log file.

Is this just in the previews? I like the idea as it makes reporting easier but could it not be on the first page of the settings? Then it can just stay there regardless of version.

Once you've added the Maximise/Fullscreen button up there it's gonna be getting busy - That was a cheeky reminder of that request. :D

1 minute ago, dakn said:

Is this just in the previews? I like the idea as it makes reporting easier but could it not be on the first page of the settings? Then it can just stay there regardless of version.

Once you've added the Maximise/Fullscreen button up there it's gonna be getting busy - That was a cheeky reminder of that request. :D

Yeah this would be nice so the BUG would be hidden unless we are in settings... :)