Dopamine

53 minutes ago, Raphaël G. said:

Please e-mail it to raphael@digimezzo.com. Thanks.

Just sent it to you

16 hours ago, jnelsoninjax said:

Just sent it to you

Thank you. I got the file and found a strange error. I'll further communicate by e-mail

Hi,

Is there a size limit for Dopamine?
A number of songs not to be exceeded?
When I do a tag modification through the software, I have the following error:

2021-02-05 14:02:48.463|Info|App.xaml.ExecuteEmergencyStop|558|### FORCED STOP of Dopamine, version 2.0.5.4000 ###
2021-02-05 14:02:48.463|Error|TaskbarService.ShowTaskBarItemInfoPause|120|Could not change the TaskBarItemInfo Play/Pause icon to 'La référence d'objet n'est pas définie à une instance d'un objet.'. Exception: Play
2021-02-05 14:02:48.465|Error|App.xaml.ExecuteEmergencyStop|555|Unhandled Exception. Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: La référence d'objet n'est pas définie à une instance d'un objet.
   à Dopamine.App.ExecuteEmergencyStop(Exception ex)

.../...

Tell me how to send you the logs.

Best Regards

Marc

Hi,

I've been using Dopamine for a few weeks now and I love the simplicity and the design.

It just hits all the right marks for me.

I was just wondering, is it possible to display the comments of an mp3 file on the music player, as I often edit those sections in order to keep track of my music.

If not, that's fine as well.

Cheers,

Evan

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there, I'm back. 

I've been having a bit of trouble with controlling Dopamine using my headphones. They have a touch gesture on them that lets me pause/play and skip to the song forward/backward. These actions haven't been working with Dopamine. I could swear that they were working when I used Dopamine like a month ago but now they are not working. The headphone controls are working with YouTube and even groove music so it probably isn't the headphone's fault. I have enabled external control in Dopamine settings but it hasn't changed anything. Any ideas?

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone!

Dopamine 2.0.6 has just been released. Please check the change log below:

- [Added] Added Discord Rich Presence
- [Added] Added a Finnish translation
- [Fixed] Fixed Folder screen compatibility issue with the Dopamine 3 database
- [Fixed] Fixed volume tooltip overlaps volume control numbers
- [Changed] Removed support for LyricsWiki. The site was shut down.
- [Changed] Updated the Bulgarian translation
- [Changed] Updated the French translation
- [Changed] Updated the German translation
- [Changed] Updated the Indonesian translation
- [Changed] Updated the Korean translation
- [Changed] Updated the Serbian (Cyrillic) translation
- [Changed] Updated the Serbian (Latin) translation

Download here

Enjoy!

• Like 2

On 05/02/2021 at 14:39, Markef said:

Hi,

Is there a size limit for Dopamine?
A number of songs not to be exceeded?
When I do a tag modification through the software, I have the following error:

2021-02-05 14:02:48.463|Info|App.xaml.ExecuteEmergencyStop|558|### FORCED STOP of Dopamine, version 2.0.5.4000 ###
2021-02-05 14:02:48.463|Error|TaskbarService.ShowTaskBarItemInfoPause|120|Could not change the TaskBarItemInfo Play/Pause icon to 'La référence d'objet n'est pas définie à une instance d'un objet.'. Exception: Play
2021-02-05 14:02:48.465|Error|App.xaml.ExecuteEmergencyStop|555|Unhandled Exception. Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: La référence d'objet n'est pas définie à une instance d'un objet.
   à Dopamine.App.ExecuteEmergencyStop(Exception ex)

.../...

Tell me how to send you the logs.

Best Regards

Marc

THere is no limit to the number of songs that Dopamine can play. If this issue is still relevant, you can send the logs to info@digimezzo.com

On 08/02/2021 at 08:18, Evan1 said:

Hi,

I've been using Dopamine for a few weeks now and I love the simplicity and the design.

It just hits all the right marks for me.

I was just wondering, is it possible to display the comments of an mp3 file on the music player, as I often edit those sections in order to keep track of my music.

If not, that's fine as well.

Cheers,

Evan

Hello,

Thank you for liking Dopamine. No, it is not possible to display comments. Could you tell me in which way you would like to see comments?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi!

I'm just trying Dopamine for the first few songs. I notice that when playing (in shuffle mode) there is a small fade-in when I skip to the next song. This kind of triggers me :s.

I searched the settings but I can't find anything related to turn it off.

Is this correct?

• 1 month later...

Hi

It's me again. I really like this app. This has been my daily driver app for a couple months.

I just want to ask that is it possible to display .lrc files? I have downloaded most of my songs with .lrc files which made song to display some karaoke-ish style to sing along the song.

• 1 month later...
On 29/04/2021 at 14:01, jorismak said:

Hi!

I'm just trying Dopamine for the first few songs. I notice that when playing (in shuffle mode) there is a small fade-in when I skip to the next song. This kind of triggers me :s.

I searched the settings but I can't find anything related to turn it off.

Is this correct?

I'm not aware of any fade in. Does it always happen?

On 25/06/2021 at 15:02, ajjmin said:

Hi

It's me again. I really like this app. This has been my daily driver app for a couple months.

I just want to ask that is it possible to display .lrc files? I have downloaded most of my songs with .lrc files which made song to display some karaoke-ish style to sing along the song.

LRC files should be used automatically, as long as they are in the same directory as their audio file, and that the file name is the same as the audio file. Example:

amazing song.mp3

amazing song.lrc

On 09/08/2021 at 10:26, galq said:

Are we expecting Verisia 3 soon? 

Version 3 previews are available since June. We're at preview 3 currently. I release, at least, 1 preview per month. Version 3 is a complete rewrite that adds Linux support. So there is still a lot of work to get feature parity with version 2. But it's already a basic usable player. Previews can be found on the Dopamine 3 GitHub page: https://github.com/digimezzo/dopamine/releases

Please not that preview 3 requires you to install preview 2 first (due to a bug that causes a crash after a clean install of preview 3). That will be solved in Preview 4.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 13/08/2021 at 07:52, Raphaël G. said:

Version 3 previews are available since June. We're at preview 3 currently. I release, at least, 1 preview per month. Version 3 is a complete rewrite that adds Linux support. So there is still a lot of work to get feature parity with version 2. But it's already a basic usable player. Previews can be found on the Dopamine 3 GitHub page: https://github.com/digimezzo/dopamine/releases

Please not that preview 3 requires you to install preview 2 first (due to a bug that causes a crash after a clean install of preview 3). That will be solved in Preview 4.

Any news on when the next Preview will be released?
Thanks buddy, and keep up the awesome work as always 😀

• 1 month later...
On 14/12/2021 at 13:34, Jackaluichi said:

I am asking myself the same? There was silence for a long time.

• 4 weeks later...
On 14/12/2021 at 12:34, Jackaluichi said:

Omg, I'm so sorry for not replying any sooner. Thanks for your patience. I'll try to be better at this. AS for the delay, for the last preview op Dopamine 3, I wanted to add the playlists feature. It's quite monstrous, as it requires a lot of new logic to be written. It made no sense to release a preview with a half-implemented feature (you'd see no difference). So this took a lot of time. There was also another project that came in between, which stalled Dopamine development for a few weeks. Dopamine 3 Preview 8 was released yesterday, and has basic playlists support. I still need to add drag and drop and smart playlists capabilities. But the basic architecture is done, so adding those extra's won't take as much time. Other features, like rating queuing,... are smaller (code-wise). So I'll be able to release previews much faster again.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/03/2022 at 05:53, Raphaël G. said:

Omg, I'm so sorry for not replying any sooner. Thanks for your patience. I'll try to be better at this. AS for the delay, for the last preview op Dopamine 3, I wanted to add the playlists feature. It's quite monstrous, as it requires a lot of new logic to be written. It made no sense to release a preview with a half-implemented feature (you'd see no difference). So this took a lot of time. There was also another project that came in between, which stalled Dopamine development for a few weeks. Dopamine 3 Preview 8 was released yesterday, and has basic playlists support. I still need to add drag and drop and smart playlists capabilities. But the basic architecture is done, so adding those extra's won't take as much time. Other features, like rating queuing,... are smaller (code-wise). So I'll be able to release previews much faster again.

No worries, Raphael. I think I read something you wrote about it someplace else. Perhaps on Github?
Anyway, thank you for the heads up and stay well 😄

• 1 month later...

Excelent work , Raphael! Now I revisited again the github and found that there is a linux version too ;) WOW! Awesome work. It runs flawless.

Thanks you for your hard work on this app.

2022-05-02_16-12.png

• 5 months later...
On 02/05/2022 at 12:16, Just Elevation said:

Excelent work , Raphael! Now I revisited again the github and found that there is a linux version too ;) WOW! Awesome work. It runs flawless.

Thanks you for your hard work on this app.

2022-05-02_16-12.png

Oh dear, I did it again. I'm so sorry for the late reply. Thank you for enjoying Dopamine! Indeed, Version 3 runs on Windows, Linux, and Mac too! :) There is still a lot of work to get feature-parity with Dopamine 2, but it's already pretty cool. Dopamine 3 is labeled as "Preview" until all or most Dopamine 2 features have been added. I hope the label doesn't scare users too much, because it's really as stable as Dopamine 2.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/10/2022 at 12:12, Raphaël G. said:

Oh dear, I did it again. I'm so sorry for the late reply. Thank you for enjoying Dopamine! Indeed, Version 3 runs on Windows, Linux, and Mac too! :) There is still a lot of work to get feature-parity with Dopamine 2, but it's already pretty cool. Dopamine 3 is labeled as "Preview" until all or most Dopamine 2 features have been added. I hope the label doesn't scare users too much, because it's really as stable as Dopamine 2.

Hello! On version 2.0.9 of the cover player, there is a lag in the window movement when a playlist is open.  If I close the playlist there is no problem. 

visualizing the problem in the clip

On 14/10/2022 at 14:18, kukata said:

Hello! On version 2.0.9 of the cover player, there is a lag in the window movement when a playlist is open.  If I close the playlist there is no problem. 

visualizing the problem in the clip

Probably caused by playing Christmas songs in October... 

• Haha 3

• 3 months later...

Hi Raphael,

Loving the player as always, now using it on my Linux box!

Quick question, does Dopamine 3 support updating through the app, or do I have to download the latest .appimage on each release?

Thanks! :)

On 07/02/2023 at 12:58, Asharae said:

Hi Raphael,

Loving the player as always, now using it on my Linux box!

Quick question, does Dopamine 3 support updating through the app, or do I have to download the latest .appimage on each release?

Thanks! :)

Thanks for loving it! For now, you'll have to download the appimage manually. The app will notify you that a new version is available. A download link will be provided in the update notification.

On 27/09/2016 at 13:38, th3rEsa said:

Last.fm scrobbling makes this finally become an interesting alternative for many people. I'm currently planning to (finally) replace AIMP by something with a cleaner UI.  I'll give it a spin tomorrow.

Thanks! Let me know if you have remarks. Please note that Dopamine 3 is not feature complete yet. I've listed the features that are planned for the 3.0 final release: https://github.com/digimezzo/dopamine/issues/323

• Like 1