Dopamine

17 hours ago, Raphaël G. said:

The last build broke loading of album covers when double clicking files from Explorer. I'm working on a fix.

Along those lines I'm also noticing that when I add a new album to my libary and then go to Collection | Refresh, when the album first gets added there's no album art, but if I click refresh collection again it does load the album art (album art is just a folder.jpg file)

44 minutes ago, ViperAFK said:

Along those lines I'm also noticing that when I add a new album to my libary and then go to Collection | Refresh, when the album first gets added there's no album art, but if I click refresh collection again it does load the album art (album art is just a folder.jpg file)

Ok thanks. I'll look into it.

Raphaël finally got to install the update and ratings showed up for about 1/2 the files and then when I restarted the program none had ratings. I am running 1.2 build 779. 

10 hours ago, ViperAFK said:

I had been getting this for a while too, even after deleting the database file as suggested.

Now it's got worse...

I added an album and noticed Dopamine didn't discover it even after a rescan, so I reinstalled and now after scanning 17583 songs it only adds 661. The logs are full of this error:

|Error|Dopamine.Common.Services.Indexing.IndexingService.ProcessTrack|Error while retrieving tag information for file [location\track name]

File not added to the database. Exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Thankfully, I installed the latest version while typing this and it's fixed! :)

[Feature request] Can we have an option to make one of the views like Showcase the default when switching to the Now Playing screen, and be able to disable unwanted options from view (like lyrics). And the graphic equalizer while I think of it...

It's my minimalist OCD. :)

2 hours ago, dakn said:

With an option to disable :D

Haha of course.

It's just an idea. I'm not sold on it myself, but find the only screen with the option to display lyrics is a little on the large side but I could get used to it :)

18 hours ago, Xenon said:

Raphaël finally got to install the update and ratings showed up for about 1/2 the files and then when I restarted the program none had ratings. I am running 1.2 build 779. 

I can't reproduce this one. So the next time you started the application, the rating was gone?

On 11/14/2016 at 3:21 PM, ViperAFK said:

I just tried to reproduce this, but can't. Album art, even from external album art files, is loaded as soon as the new album is detected. Do you have more details about this issue? Is this an album where title and album artist are available in the tags?

If you can reproduce this, I'd like you to try the following:

1. delete the log file

2. reproduce the issue

3. send me the log file

15 hours ago, dakn said:

I had been getting this for a while too, even after deleting the database file as suggested.

Now it's got worse...

I added an album and noticed Dopamine didn't discover it even after a rescan, so I reinstalled and now after scanning 17583 songs it only adds 661. The logs are full of this error:

|Error|Dopamine.Common.Services.Indexing.IndexingService.ProcessTrack|Error while retrieving tag information for file [location\track name]

File not added to the database. Exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Thankfully, I installed the latest version while typing this and it's fixed! :)

[Feature request] Can we have an option to make one of the views like Showcase the default when switching to the Now Playing screen, and be able to disable unwanted options from view (like lyrics). And the graphic equalizer while I think of it...

Yeah I broke indexing when fixing reading of MusicBee ratings. That's been resolved in build 779. In 779 I then broke other things which I'm now trying to get right.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, dakn said:

I guess I can do that. Issue created: https://github.com/digimezzo/Dopamine/issues/191

The spectrum can already be disabled, see: Settings > Appearance > Spectrum analyzer

7 hours ago, jasondefaoite said:

[Feature request] Any chance to add lyrics support to the cover view?

I'm not sure what you mean? You want lyrics support in the Mini players?

Just having a look at GitHub and ticket #180 https://github.com/digimezzo/Dopamine/issues/180

Add option to show a downloaded artist picture on now playing

FanArt and TheAudioDB are great sources.

Here's pages for Adele to show that when things like HDCLEARLOGO's are available you could do some cool stuff?

https://fanart.tv/artist/cc2c9c3c-b7bc-4b8b-84d8-4fbd8779e493/adele/

TheAudioDB tends to have more metadata

http://www.theaudiodb.com/artist/111493

1 hour ago, dakn said:

Just having a look at GitHub and ticket #180 https://github.com/digimezzo/Dopamine/issues/180

Add option to show a downloaded artist picture on now playing

FanArt and TheAudioDB are great sources.

Here's pages for Adele to show that when things like HDCLEARLOGO's are available you could do some cool stuff?

https://fanart.tv/artist/cc2c9c3c-b7bc-4b8b-84d8-4fbd8779e493/adele/

TheAudioDB tends to have more metadata

http://www.theaudiodb.com/artist/111493

Thanks! I've added your suggestions to the ticket.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Raphaël G. said:

I just tried to reproduce this, but can't. Album art, even from external album art files, is loaded as soon as the new album is detected. Do you have more details about this issue? Is this an album where title and album artist are available in the tags?

If you can reproduce this, I'd like you to try the following:

1. delete the log file

2. reproduce the issue

3. send me the log file

Yes, I can reproduce this 100% of the time (every time I add an album to my library). I deleted the log and reproduced it and the log is below:

2016-11-15 19:17:27.9460|Info|Dopamine.App.ExecuteStartup|### STARTING Dopamine, version 1.2 (Build 779), IsPortable = False, Windows version = Microsoft Windows NT 10.0.14393.0 ###
2016-11-15 19:17:29.3818|Info|Dopamine.Bootstrapper.InitializeWCFServices|CommandService was started successfully
2016-11-15 19:17:29.3818|Info|Dopamine.Bootstrapper.InitializeWCFServices|FileService was started successfully
2016-11-15 19:17:29.3898|Info|Dopamine.Bootstrapper.InitializeShell|Showing Main screen
2016-11-15 19:17:30.4765|Info|Dopamine.Common.Services.Indexing.IndexingService.IndexTracksAsync|+++ STARTED INDEXING COLLECTION +++
2016-11-15 19:17:31.3057|Info|Dopamine.Common.Services.Indexing.IndexingService+<IndexTracksAsync>d__30.MoveNext|Tracks removed: 0. Time required: 824 ms +++
2016-11-15 19:17:34.2690|Info|Dopamine.Common.Services.Indexing.IndexingService+<IndexTracksAsync>d__30.MoveNext|Tracks updated: 0. Time required: 985 ms +++
2016-11-15 19:17:34.2690|Info|Dopamine.Common.Services.Indexing.IndexingService+<IndexTracksAsync>d__30.MoveNext|Tracks added: 0. Time required: 2 ms +++
2016-11-15 19:17:34.5511|Info|Dopamine.Common.Services.Indexing.IndexingService+<IndexTracksAsync>d__30.MoveNext|+++ FINISHED INDEXING COLLECTION: Tracks removed: 0. Tracks updated: 0. Tracks added: 0. Time required: 4071 ms +++
2016-11-15 19:17:34.5511|Info|Dopamine.Common.Services.Indexing.IndexingService.IndexArtworkAsync|+++ STARTED INDEXING ARTWORK +++
2016-11-15 19:17:34.7772|Info|Dopamine.Common.Services.Indexing.IndexingService+<IndexArtworkAsync>d__25.MoveNext|+++ FINISHED INDEXING ARTWORK: Covers deleted from database: 0. Covers deleted from disk: 0. Covers updated: 0. Time required: 219 ms +++
2016-11-15 19:17:50.6633|Info|Dopamine.Common.Services.Indexing.IndexingService.IndexTracksAsync|+++ STARTED INDEXING COLLECTION +++
2016-11-15 19:17:51.3895|Info|Dopamine.Common.Services.Indexing.IndexingService+<IndexTracksAsync>d__30.MoveNext|Tracks removed: 0. Time required: 723 ms +++
2016-11-15 19:17:54.1499|Info|Dopamine.Common.Services.Indexing.IndexingService+<IndexTracksAsync>d__30.MoveNext|Tracks updated: 0. Time required: 907 ms +++
2016-11-15 19:17:54.2269|Info|Dopamine.Common.Services.Indexing.IndexingService+<IndexTracksAsync>d__30.MoveNext|Tracks added: 10. Time required: 73 ms +++
2016-11-15 19:17:54.5062|Info|Dopamine.Common.Services.Indexing.IndexingService+<IndexTracksAsync>d__30.MoveNext|+++ FINISHED INDEXING COLLECTION: Tracks removed: 0. Tracks updated: 0. Tracks added: 10. Time required: 3840 ms +++
2016-11-15 19:17:54.5062|Info|Dopamine.Common.Services.Indexing.IndexingService+<IndexCollectionAsync>d__22.MoveNext|Sending event to refresh the lists
2016-11-15 19:17:54.5202|Info|Dopamine.Common.Services.Indexing.IndexingService.IndexArtworkAsync|+++ STARTED INDEXING ARTWORK +++
2016-11-15 19:17:54.8163|Info|Dopamine.Common.Services.Indexing.IndexingService+<IndexArtworkAsync>d__25.MoveNext|There was a problem while updating the artwork. Exception: Busy
2016-11-15 19:17:54.8163|Info|Dopamine.Common.Services.Indexing.IndexingService+<IndexArtworkAsync>d__25.MoveNext|+++ FINISHED INDEXING ARTWORK: Covers deleted from database: 0. Covers deleted from disk: 0. Covers updated: 0. Time required: 293 ms +++
2016-11-15 19:17:54.9443|Info|Dopamine.Common.Services.Indexing.IndexingService.<UpdateIndexingStatisticsAsync>b__24_0|An error occurred while updating indexing statistics. Exception: Busy

Album title and album artist are available in the tags (see screenshot for example)

Untitled.png

On 11/16/2016 at 1:20 AM, ViperAFK said:

Yes, I can reproduce this 100% of the time (every time I add an album to my library). I deleted the log and reproduced it and the log is below:

<snipped>

Album title and album artist are available in the tags (see screenshot for example)

Thanks for the log and video. I can see that updating covers failed because the database was busy. I'm not sure what it was doing though :) I index in 2 steps: 1=index files, 2=index covers. I'm guessing step 1 is conflicting with step 2. But I can't reproduce it here. It might be related to the speed at which indexing happens. It appears to be very slow in the video above. I've changed several things for the next build. hopefully that'll fix this issue.

• Like 2

On 11/16/2016 at 11:58 AM, jasondefaoite said:

Yeah, some crude mock ups

Lyrics Cover Mock Up.png

Lyrics Mock Up.png

Thanks for the mock ups. I quite like them and might do something like this in version 1.3. This is the work item on GitHub: https://github.com/digimezzo/Dopamine/issues/194

• Like 2

A new preview of Dopamine is available: 1.2 build 788 (Preview)

This is the change log:

– [Added] Option to download lyrics automatically
– [Changed] Removed song covers from playlists. They were in fact albums covers and were confusing for users.
– [Changed] Updated the Greek translation
– [Fixed] Song covers are more accurate. Covers stored in or with the audio files have higher priority than album covers.
– [Fixed] Loading of covers and artist info broken when playing songs from explorer

Feel free to stress test this one. It contains all features that will make it in version 1.2 final. Let’s squash as many bugs as possible!

Download here

On 11/17/2016 at 5:19 PM, Raphaël G. said:

Thanks for the log and video. I can see that updating covers failed because the database was busy. I'm not sure what it was doing though :) I index in 2 steps: 1=index files, 2=index covers. I'm guessing step 1 is conflicting with step 2. But I can't reproduce it here. It might be related to the speed at which indexing happens. It appears to be very slow in the video above. I've changed several things for the next build. hopefully that'll fix this issue.

Hi Rafael,

The new build does seem to fix this, I can no longer reproduce the issue with the steps from my above posted video. Thanks!

Hi everyone. Loving the music player but I have a question. Would it be possible to group albums by album name and not album name and album artist? I have several albums with a ton of artists and it makes my album list huge!

6 hours ago, ViperAFK said:

Hi Rafael,

The new build does seem to fix this, I can no longer reproduce the issue with the steps from my above posted video. Thanks!

That's good to hear! Thanks for confirming.

1 hour ago, Kronephon said:

Hi everyone. Loving the music player but I have a question. Would it be possible to group albums by album name and not album name and album artist? I have several albums with a ton of artists and it makes my album list huge!

You could get this behavior by putting "Various artists" in the album artist tag.