Dopamine

30 minutes ago, Zagadka said:

Nope, folder contains only mp3s, and other playlists that use multiple folders without cover.jpg etc have the same problem

Does this image belong to 1 of the files in that folder (maybe as embedded cover)?

• 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, WesleyS said:

Is it the end of the excellent project? :s

No way! :) I'm just very busy and have also been working on side projects. Here is the list of issues to fix before version 1.3 is ready for release: Issues to close for 1.3

I've been delaying the next preview, but the code is stable, so I could as well make it available. This weekend sounds like a plan. This will be the change log:

- [Added] Added extra album sorting option "By date created"
- [Added] Context menu option to add the playing song to a playlist
- [Fixed] Ordering tracks on the albums screen is broken
- [Fixed] Margin of 1 pixel when the main window is maximized
- [Fixed] Volume control stops working when the audio device is changed
- [Fixed] Blurry context menu, notification window and tooltips at desktop scaling higher as 100%
- [Fixed] Improved following of the album color so that the detected color is never too light or dark

I'm also currently trying to get Dopamine in the Windows store. I've used the desktop app converter and the converted app works perfectly. However adding a converted app to the store requires contacting Microsoft, so the process takes some time.

On 7/1/2017 at 9:46 AM, Ravensky said:

Thank you Raphael!  Love your software I use Dopamine and Knowte every day :)

Thank you!

Thanks for loving my software! :) 

Today, there is a new preview of Dopamine 1.3. Change log:

Dopamine 1.3 build 923 (preview)

- [Added] Added extra album sorting option "By date created"
- [Added] Added optional play count, skip count and date last played column to the songs screen
- [Added] Context menu option to add the playing song to a playlist
- [Fixed] Ordering tracks on the albums screen is broken
- [Fixed] Margin of 1 pixel when the main window is maximized
- [Fixed] Volume control stops working when the audio device is changed
- [Fixed] Blurry context menu, notification window and tooltips at desktop scaling higher as 100%
- [Fixed] Improved following of the album color so that the detected color is never too light or dark

Enjoy!

Download here

• Like 3

Hey guys,

The last Dopamine preview had a nasty bug. You can downloaded a fixed version (build 924) here.

Thanks for the updates Raphael.

Running build 925, slight issue when you try to edit the lyrics. The space bar remains locked to the play/pause control which means no spaces can be typed in the lyrics window.

Cheers

Edit: One more ... 24bit WAV file plays ok in Groove, but Dopamine seems not to support it.

Edited by jasondefaoite

Seem to be having problems with it always on top, but I can't replicate what causes it.

23 hours ago, jasondefaoite said:

Thanks for the updates Raphael.

Running build 925, slight issue when you try to edit the lyrics. The space bar remains locked to the play/pause control which means no spaces can be typed in the lyrics window.

Cheers

Edit: One more ... 24bit WAV file plays ok in Groove, but Dopamine seems not to support it.

That's darn spacebar. I told users that it's causing issues. But nooooooo, they had to have it! :rofl: :D It wasn't you hopefully? :D

I've logged your issues here:

https://github.com/digimezzo/Dopamine/issues/440

https://github.com/digimezzo/Dopamine/issues/441

Edit: do you have a sample WAV file which I can use to test?

23 hours ago, Zagadka said:

Seem to be having problems with it always on top, but I can't replicate what causes it.

Could it be related to this option?

on top.png

Nope, it works regularly and only sometimes stays off top. Like I said, can't replicate it for more info, sorry

Hi everyone!

Today is release day! After months of development and quite a few preview versions, I’ve decided it was time to release version 1.3.
I’d like to thank all users, testers, developers who helped on GitHub, and last but not least, the people who donated. All you help is very much appreciated. One feature didn’t make it in this release: smart playlists. Sorry about that. That feature has been moved to version 1.4.

This release contains many improvements over version 1.2. This is the change log:

Disclaimer:

Playlist support was rewritten from scratch. Your existing playlists will not be migrated.
Save your playlists to files manually before upgrading to this version. Import your saved
playlists after upgrading to this version.

– [Added] Added a button to export album and song covers to files
– [Added] Added an option to switch between 4 styles of spectrum analyzers
– [Added] Smoother list animations
– [Added] Added extra album sorting option “By date created”
– [Added] Added optional play count, skip count and date last played column to the songs screen
– [Added] Added a context menu option to add the playing song to a playlist
– [Added] Left and right arrow keys allow jumping 5 or 15 seconds backward or forward (Information > help for hotkeys)
– [Added] Added an option to follow the album cover color
– [Added] Added support for local lyrics files (LRC)
– [Added] Added audio device selection
– [Added] Changes to the collection folders are now detected automatically
– [Added] Changes to the Music\Dopamine\Playlists folder are now detected automatically
– [Added] Added NeteaseLyrics support
– [Added] Added XiamiLyrics support
– [Added] Double clicking a playlist queues and plays the songs of that playlist
– [Added] The keyboard space bar now toggles play and pause
– [Changed] Lyrics are not downloaded anymore when the lyrics screen is not visible
– [Changed] When using “Loop one”, pressing Previous or Next now skips to the previous or next song.
– [Changed] Playlists support has been rewritten: playlists are now saved to files automatically.
– [Changed] The ‘Cloud’ screen was renamed to ‘Frequent’ and the layout was changed
– [Changed] The song title on playback info panes now scales to the available width
– [Changed] Updated the Swedish translation
– [Changed] Updated the Spanish translation
– [Changed] Updated the French translation
– [Changed] Updated the Turkish translation
– [Changed] Updated the Bulgarian translation
– [Changed] Updated the Greek translation
– [Changed] Updated the Polish translation
– [Changed] Updated the German translation
– [Changed] Updated the Russian translation
– [Fixed] Automatic install or download button for updates is confusing for some users
– [Fixed] Improved sizing of time indicator on the main window
– [Fixed] A potential crash when trying to figure out the Windows version at startup.
– [Fixed] Blurry context menu, notification window and tooltips at desktop scaling higher as 100%
– [Fixed] Timestamped lyrics for songs longer than 1 hour don’t work
– [Fixed] Audio files which reside on a NAS cannot be played from playlists
– [Fixed] Dopamine process remains active in Task Manager after a crash
– [Fixed] Tray controls are positioned outside of the screen when using desktop scaling > 100%
– [Fixed] Fixed an occasional crash which happened when automatically scrolling to the playing song
– [Fixed] Mini player windows are buggy in Windows 10 tablet mode
– [Fixed] A possible startup crash caused by the tray icon
– [Fixed] A conflict with the search box when changing the volume by pressing – or +
– [Fixed] Tray controls don’t respect the position of the Windows Taskbar.
– [Fixed] Added optional ‘Remove from disk’ option to the song context menu
– [Fixed] Date in the Song Information window is not localized
– [Fixed] WASAPI Exclusive mode plays high pitched sound
– [Fixed] Play next doesn’t work correctly when shuffle is enabled

As usual, you can download it here.

Been using Dopamine as my music player for a long time and I love it, great work.  :)

But for some reason the 1.3 installer is being aggressively blocked by both Avast! and Windows Defender.  Any ideas?  Even clicking "I trust this file" results in a failed install.

I'll try uninstalling completely and starting over, just wondered if anybody else had encountered that this time around?

11 minutes ago, VegaDA said:

Been using Dopamine as my music player for a long time and I love it, great work.  :)

But for some reason the 1.3 installer is being aggressively blocked by both Avast! and Windows Defender.  Any ideas?  Even clicking "I trust this file" results in a failed install.

I'll try uninstalling completely and starting over, just wondered if anybody else had encountered that this time around?

Have you tried temporarily disabling your antivirus software, just long enough to attempt installing?

4 minutes ago, The Evil Overlord said:

Have you tried temporarily disabling your antivirus software, just long enough to attempt installing?

That worked, thanks.  Avast really didn't want me anywhere near that file!

7 hours ago, VegaDA said:

That worked, thanks.  Avast really didn't want me anywhere near that file!

Great to hear that it worked. Some anti virus applications are just trying too hard. Not much I can do about it. They love blocking lesser known, indie software. If I wanted to fix that, i'd have to submit my assemblies each time I create a new version. That's just insane.

The installation block by Windows is due to a default feature in Windows 10. If you go to the file's properties in the File Explorer, you'll see the message: "This file came from another computer and might be blocked to help protect this computer." To the right of that message is a check-box which, when selected and you click apply, allows you to unblock the .msi install file. Then you'll be able to install the file as normal. Avast and other (non-Windows Defender) anti-virus applications may require you to disable them while installing Dopamine.

Thank you, Rafael, for another great release of Dopamine!

Dopamine Unblock.png

• Like 2

I noticed a bug with dopamine 1.3, if you go to Online | Last.fm it seems like you cannot type an underscore (_) into the last.fm username field. (e.g. my last.fm username is screamin_jesus but it only lets me type screaminjesus)

Note: I was able to copy and paste the underscore in as a workaround

• Like 1

Also:

1. Go to Settings | Appearance and set it to follow the windows accent color

2. Close Dopamine

3. Re-open Dopamine

4. Go back to Settings | Appearance and you'll see it immediately reverts back to the default blue color (and you have to toggle follow windows color off and then back on to get it working again).

• Like 1

Is there a way to import .m3u playlists more than one at a time? Maybe a folder full of them?

On ‎22‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 0:56 AM, Xenon said:

Is there a way to import .m3u playlists more than one at a time? Maybe a folder full of them?

Try to drag m3u files to the playlists pane. I believe that should work (I don't have my computer to verify right now). Dragging folder is not supported I think.

On ‎15‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 3:07 PM, ViperAFK said:

Also:

1. Go to Settings | Appearance and set it to follow the windows accent color

2. Close Dopamine

3. Re-open Dopamine

4. Go back to Settings | Appearance and you'll see it immediately reverts back to the default blue color (and you have to toggle follow windows color off and then back on to get it working again).

I logged your issues on github. I'll verify soon (currently on holiday without computer :))

• Like 2

I was just curious if there was a way to modify the layout of the now playing screen? I kinda want this view to show the album cover a lot larger and maybe show the tracks in the queue below the album cover. Basically I want the the mini player with now playing but full screen. Is this something I can do?

Screenshot_1.png

• 2 weeks later...

I found a Dopamine 1.3 Release problem with a networked location for audio files, accessed from a Windows 10 virtual machine (VM) client. If one attempts to select a networked folder by the general "known by" name rather than the "target" name, one encounters "The folder name is not valid." If one uses the target name, instead, the file name is recognized and the networked audio files are accessed. The problem may be due to the inclusion of the VM host's name in parentheses within the general name. The Dopamine series of images attached.

Dopamine (4).jpg

Dopamine (5).jpg

Dopamine (6).jpg

Do you know Rainmeter ? quite a nice desktop widget tool for Windows 10. Their music player plugin does not support Dopamine or vice-versa. But if anyone wants to update the plugin... just floating the idea ;)

Featuring here the nano player - I love it !! 

Screenshot 2017-08-06 18.29.01.jpg