Valve unveils Source 2 Engine at GDC 2015

Might be CSGO graphically remade from scratch using Source 2.

But i highly doubt Dota 2 will be the game used to showcase it.

I'd be in favour of that but I'm not sure on how it could be done, we all know the Source engine is old and broken! :p Source 2 would definitely make CSGO a better game, that's for sure but I still have my doubts on it, not that I don't want it! :D

Dota 2... maybe but again I have doubts, there are people calling for it so who knows. I'm thinking Portal 3, Left 4 Dead 3 and Team Fortress 3 though, maybe a new IP! Come on Valve, make a Steam Box bundle! :laugh:

Yeah, but with the leaks over the last couple years, there have been references to both Left 4 Dead 3 and Half-Life 3 being in development along with Source 2. It's either one of those two I'm betting, but I hope it's Left 4 Dead 3.

Yeah, but with the leaks over the last couple years, there have been references to both Left 4 Dead 3 and Half-Life 3 being in development along with Source 2. It's either one of those two I'm betting, but I hope it's Left 4 Dead 3.

I'd be alright with either in a modern engine, though I haven't played that much L4D.

I don't think this deserves its own thread, but:

HTC have apologised for suggesting a new Half-Life title will be playable on their new headset in an interview with the BBC.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-03-04-htc-sorry-for-half-life-tease

BBC: One of Valve's most famous games is the Half-life series, and I know there are millions and millions of gamers that are desperate for a new Half-life game to come out. Is the new Half-life going to be on the virtual-reality headset? Is that what Valve is going to do with this machine?

Cher Wang: I think Valve's best game is Dota, right, and Portal and [Team Fortress] and I think they are very keen to have them.

BBC: But how about Half-life - is that going to be on there?

Cher Wang: We are co-operating with Half-life, and I think... I hope, you know, it will be on it.

yeah, i would not get my hopes up too high.     looks like she did not have much clue about HL3

(dammit, too late.  my hopes for HL3 are dangerously high, again!)

if valve does not release HL3 this year,  i will be mad i tell you :laugh:

With the announcement of Source 2 and a firm release for Steam Machines I'd be surprised if we don't see HL3 released this year, mostly likely free with Steam Machines, the HTC Vive and the Steam Controller. Making it free with the controller would get it into millions of homes. Valve took a radical approach with the Orange Box bundle and I expect to see something equally innovative for HL3.