*YIKES* SP2 + Autopatcher= ?

Well, i had a question... Since SPisb> an "internal test" Flish- are you going to include SP2 in to it? And will it be compatable?

Thanks

No, SP2 won't be integrated... when SP2 is released, AutoPatcher will contain SP3 patches.:):) Also, I refuse to include Beta Software in it (I'm a Beta Tester and I would never do something like that).

SP2 currently is stable or not ?? when is the final version due to release ??

The final version will be next year some time... it's stable (as far as I can tell), but still Beta.

Although stable (or so I hear, I'mnot one of the lucky ones who got to test it :(), it's release is still some time away, 2004 spring or summer.

personal request to MS for SP2: include .NET Framewirk too, for God sake!

I personally hope not ... It should remain as it is now, an optional install.

Just my opinoin :)

• 2 weeks later...
I personally hope not ... It should remain as it is now, an optional install.

Just my opinoin :)

since most people are going to install the service pack, and a lot of programmers are starting to use vb.net and vc#.net, it would be wise to include the framework with the service pack.

well.. the .NET Framework talk is a bit of a bummer to a thread :D But really, why would you not want to be able to run any program coded with it?

/Raptor

It would be great because:

1. People wouldn't have to specifically get the .NET Framework, just tell them to get SP2

2. It would end all these noobs comments about how the .NET Framework will mess up their computer

(I've heard a lot of noobs who don't realize they're noobs telling other noobs don't install the

.NET Framework for absolutely no reason and think they're doing some sort of good)

Edited by memodude