Dark Matter

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4159076/

Synopsis:

The six-person crew of a derelict spaceship awakens from stasis in the farthest reaches of space. Their memories wiped clean, they have no recollection of who they are or how they got on board. The only clue to their identities is a cargo bay full of weaponry and a destination: a remote mining colony that is about to become a war zone. With no idea whose side they are on, they face a deadly decision. Will these amnesiacs turn their backs on history, or will their pasts catch up with them?

fJYUVTP.png

sounded interesting from the first post but....

group-hall-15jpg-78234c.jpg

Rusty spaceships.... seriously... why.... Even assuming it's an old rundown spaceship... rust... just.. no. 

So, did Stargate Atlantis have a prelude to this show?

harmoneypaintingside.jpg

Seems promising, but the "Sci-Fi" channel has really gone down the sh--ter lately. I'll check it out for no other reason than Dr. McKay.

Was David Hewlett in the trailer. He's not in the group shot. I hope it's not going to be like Robert Patrick in SG:A where he gets killed in episode 1.

Was David Hewlett in the trailer. He's not in the group shot. I hope it's not going to be like Robert Patrick in SG:A where he gets killed in episode 1.

The description says 6 person crew, the group shot already shows 7 persons.

whatever he is in the show, he's probably not part of the crew. either an outside bad guy or a helper or something. 

Rusty spaceships.... seriously... why.... Even assuming it's an old rundown spaceship... rust... just.. no. 

Always a rusty ship!

Maybe they're reusing sets from Stargate Universe....  

Sure would be nice if this wasn't awful, but I don't much trust anything from that network anymore.

From the article in the first post:

David Hewlett will appear in a four episode arc

Spacecraft today are built with lighter materials like titanium, aluminum, magnesium, so might corrode but don't rust. Steel isn't used much, since its heavy. I would assume in the future, some synthetic plastic composites would be used.

So, did Stargate Atlantis have a prelude to this show?

harmoneypaintingside.jpg

Seems promising, but the "Sci-Fi" channel has really gone down the sh--ter lately. I'll check it out for no other reason than Dr. McKay.

Syfy has really gone down hill. The show "Almost Human" was freaking awesome. I loved every minute of it. I was so ###### off when they announced it was cancelled.

Because rust is the best ;)

Spacecraft today are built with lighter materials like titanium, aluminum, magnesium, so might corrode but don't rust. Steel isn't used much, since its heavy. I would assume in the future, some synthetic plastic composites would be used.

Yes, Brian, you can assume that, but if you get too technical, no one will give a crap. Look at SG:A, they stopped explaining what McKay was doing or they dumbed it down to where my mom understood it. She's barely an average PC user. She still thinks a Firewall is literally a wall of fire.

seems very clich

Looks like theyre re-using the set of SGU.