If only they made Un-purifiers :laugh: I think you can craft pure water out of 2 dirty water so that would transfer it to your inventory, I'm not sure if there are many craftable drinks that aren't alcohol which would let me transfer the water. :( 

1 minute ago, Louisifer said:

If only they made Un-purifiers :laugh: I think you can craft pure water out of 2 dirty water so that would transfer it to your inventory, I'm not sure if there are many craftable drinks that aren't alcohol which would let me transfer the water. :( 

Yea, but how much dirty water do you find?  I never found much myself.

I used to find a decent amount, kinda made the mistake of cooking every bit of food I own before checking how much pure water I have.. oops :D 

I used to use food more earlier in the game.  Now, stimpaks are the only thing I use. I have like 700+.  But with the new survivor mode, guess food/water will need to be used more and the perk to remove rads from water will probably be helpful.

I slept at Bunker Hill while progressing through Automatron, spent 20mins progressing the quest and it shut down my PC :/ now I have to redo it all from Bunker Hill again... another day.

19 hours ago, Louisifer said:

I slept at Bunker Hill while progressing through Automatron, spent 20mins progressing the quest and it shut down my PC :/ now I have to redo it all from Bunker Hill again... another day.

And that would annoy me.  Doing a lot of work, not being able to quick save, and the game or system crashes. 

It's a really big oversight on Bethesda's part, they seem to think the engine is perfect. It wouldn't have been so bad if you were forced to have one Autosave that saves every so often while not in combat and using the Bed Save as a fallback if you end up in a death loop.

If fast travel is broken, how do you get in/out of the Institute? The mass relay inside, and your jury-rigged teleporter outside? If so, ouch. That's a long elevator ride in the Institute.

As for the food/water requirements, I really hope they tweak them before it goes public. It just seems like a ridiculously hard challenge. On one hand, think about it. Even a carry weight of 150 is a lot. On the other, that's a ton of work...

Wasteland Workshop trailer. DLC drops on the 12th, next Tuesday, for $4.99, or $0 if you have the Season Pass. Love the video. Got some good humor to it.

In before, "They can make your head stop ceiling fans, but they can't fix level 4 vendors."

I think most of us will get more mileage out of this one than Automatron. Oh, during the trailer, see if you can figure out who's in the power armor fighting the Deathclaw. Bethesda knows, guys. They know.

Thanks for the combo breaker, man. Because I need to make another post.

Hey — could those of you who use YouTube, and watch Fallout 4 videos, give this guy a subscribe, and go out of your way to like/thumbs-up his videos, if you liked them? He's doing good stuff reviewing mods, and somebody's targeting him with a downvote bot. It's just one guy in Croatia, he said on another video. But he doesn't want to block the whole country, which is his only recourse. Here's a link to the video I just watched: 

I mean it's a good video, right? Does not deserve a 2:1 Like to Dislike ratio. No one in the comments is giving him any grief, even the guy who's targeting him. So I really think it would be awesome if the community helped him out some.

So as it turns out, the black pixellated blob I get from pulse grenades is a known issue on the Playstation 4 version of the game.  It affects pulse mines and pulse grenades.  I've found a Reddit discussion, multiple forum posts and multiple YouTube videos.

Here's my video capture of it.

18 hours ago, Gerowen said:

So as it turns out, the black pixellated blob I get from pulse grenades is a known issue on the Playstation 4 version of the game.  It affects pulse mines and pulse grenades.  I've found a Reddit discussion, multiple forum posts and multiple YouTube videos.

Here's my video capture of it.

I have that too, I just thought it was supposed to be there.

My character can no longer do the New Survival mode, I got fed up of loosing progress thanks to crashes and having to do the same mission over and over. :( once you opt out you aren't allowed to opt back in to stop you cheating the difficulty.

It's a shame they didn't just call it Hardcore Mode, I've effectively dropped 2 difficulty levels now that I have to play on Very Hard. :( 

Having real auto saves has brought back the fun for me though. :D I forgot to pick up all my weapons and ammo now that I got my carry weight back so I continued the Automatron DLC with my 2 trusty single shot sniper rifles, an exploding pistol with very limited ammo and a knife... Did you know Big ass Melee robots with thrusters can run just as fast as you? I learned this a lot as I tried to 360 no-scope them while trying not to run into walls. :laugh: Auto saves saved me a good 15 minutes per death and made the DLC awesome again :D 

On ‎07‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 0:12 AM, dragontology said:

I mean it's a good video, right? Does not deserve a 2:1 Like to Dislike ratio.

I wouldn't worry about it, you see 2:1 Like/Dislike but YouTube views it as a 3 for interaction. It's not like Reddit with Up/Down voting for visibility. :p 

You'd rate Survival two levels above Very Hard? I still play on Normal. I want to go to Hard but I'm not quite there yet. Some people enjoy difficulty, but I never have. Then again, I think I'm level 46, and I just went through that one town, it's in the southwest corner of the map just north of the Glowing Sea. It's got that Junk Fence gate with Junk Fence walls around the church/graveyard, and there's a Deathclaw in there. And some Super Mutants. And at my level, they're an Enforcer and a Master. I didn't realize where I was at first, so I went in guns blazing, and a Brotherhood vertibird showed up, so I thought I was doing alright, until the Deathclaw came out. I retreated, figured I'd let them have it, and sneak around from the back. One-shotted the now wounded Deathclaw (he had something like 10% health) and an Alpha Deathclaw decided to show up. The only thing that saved me was that I had a critical banked in VATS. I could have taken him down with fewer shots just aiming, but having that critical saved me. Not sure how it would have gone down on Hard.

I'm real proud of how I got my Egret Tours Marina set up, and I've only just begun. I've got one of the scrap mods (I forget which), so I cleaned up all the trash and clutter, and emptied out the diner on the pier. Took out some other stuff, like the sunken boat in the pier, the rowboat in the big warehouse with the boat slip. Nothing major. Then, I made the "mistake" of moving a couch, when I discovered that the actual floor is a few inches beneath the one that's actually drawn. So I decided to re-floor the building the workbench is in. Because one of the doors (which I opened by scrapping the boards over it) is triangular, half of one of my 1x1 floors stuck out. The solution was obvious. The building got a sidewalk. Long story short, at least 80% of the property is now floored. That first building? Upstairs is floored, walled, and has a ceiling. The little balcony is now a bridge to that warehouse with the boat slip. That building is floored top and bottom. No more boat slip, it's all hardwood floors. Even went up on the roof and put those 1x1 floors just under the roof, so you can't fall through. Took down the decrepit railing on the dock out back and put up the wooden fence rails. On the unused (southern) pier, corn planters (from a mod, not WW). The diner in the middle has two bars (only one manned so far). Three water purifiers, the industrial size, between the northern two piers. And the flooring, or boardwalk as I'm now calling it, goes all the way out to the road. I just need to decorate the two buildings (waiting for WW for that) and it's gonna look like something outta Bioshock Infinite. Well, almost. Not quite that good with decoration. I wonder if I can kill Phyllis. The crazy lady who thinks she's a Synth. She can't be assigned to anything. She just mopes around. I mean I bet I can actually kill her, I mean without turning the whole settlement against me.

Here is a list of what the Workshop upgrades are.  And I am going to be building myself a few fusion generations.  100 power...bye bye several large 10 power generators.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Fallout/comments/4ebroi/wasteland_workshop_all_new_settlement_stuff/

I would post hte whole thing here, but to much to post.   Of course, I am at work now so will have to wait several hours to play.  :(

Generators

Generator - Fusion [Produces 100 Power] - Gear (12), Screw (10), Copper (20), Aluminum (25), Nuclear Material (12), Crystal (8), and Rubber (2).

Neon Signs!

-Floors

Floor (Concrete) - Steel (2) and Concrete (4)

Floor (Wire Mesh) - Steel (8)

Concrete Foundation - Steel (8) and Concrete (4)

Floor - Upper - Steel (4) and Concrete (6)

Floor - Curve - Steel (4)

Floor - Small - Steel (4)

Floor - Angled - Steel (4) and Concrete (6)

-Walls

Concrete Wall - Concrete (8)

Concrete Wall - Doorway - Concrete (6)

Concrete Wall (Wire Mesh) - Steel (4) and Concrete (6)

Concrete Wall (Windows) - Steel (4) and Concrete (6)

Concrete Wall (Smaller) - Concrete (6)

Concrete Wall (Smallest) - Concrete (4)

Concrete Wall - Angled - Concrete (8)

Concrete Wall - Angled Doorway - Concrete (6)

Concrete Wall - Curve - Concrete (8)

-Roofs

Roof - Steel (4) and Concrete (6)

Roof (Wire Mesh) - Steel (4) and Concrete (6)

-Stairs

Concrete Steps (with railings) - Steel (6) and Concrete (8)

Concrete Steps (small) - Steel (4) and Concrete (4)

--Miscellaneous

Railing - Steel (6)

Railing (Curved) - Steel (4)

Railing (Small) - Steel (4)

Railing (Small with bar) - Steel (4)

Doors

Powered Door - Wood (8), Steel (4), and Copper (2)

Powered Door (Red) - Steel (2), Copper (2), and Concrete (6)

Powered Door (Blue) - Steel (2), Copper (2), and Concrete (6)

Powered Door (White) - Steel (2), Copper (2), and Concrete (6)

• Like 1

That Fusion generator requires rank 4 in Science, too... Also worth noting that "expanded settlement building options" mods will nerf WW. Can't make it go the other way. So Homemaker and SSEx both got kicked off my mod list. Had to redo some parts of my Egret Tours Marina, but not much. I'm worried about Covenant since that was mostly custom stuff. But afraid to check. And Oberland Station, really the only three settlements I put any love into.

Haven't messed with anything else yet, but I love the neon lights. They snap together perfectly, and they just work. Pro tip: If you have a limited amount of space, start from the middle. Like the diner at Egret Tours Marina. I knew I had enough space to put BAR over the door, but I worried about centering. So I started with A and centered it perfectly. Then added B and R to it. For LODGING, which I put over the warehouse/boat slip building, I started with the window on the right as you face away from the building with the workbench in it, and started with the G, then N-I-G-D-O-L. Lost my bunk beds by uninstalling Homemaker, so I made this room my bunk house with ten regular beds (and walled off the door facing the road, to give my settlers more privacy. Next to the door leading into the room with the workbench, UTILITIES. Just wrote that out normal, left to right.

Just dawned on me — Starlight Drive-In is the only diner you get, right? Aside from the small one at the marina? It's getting named DOVAHKIIN DINER. Just because. Seems like the most logical place to put an arena. Use the theater screen as one wall and save materials. Perhaps raise it up about halfway, and have something below it, with stairs going up. Kind of like Oblivion's arena, with a rest area for combatants. Maybe a clinic/surgery center. You build a clinic and then assign a settler to it, then wall off the clinic lemonade stand, and apparently they walk all around it. So fully surround it in walls, and put a bench on one side, beds on the other, and put the "doctor" in a white lab coat...

I rebuilt my home in Sanctuary.  All concrete with wood floors.  Looks pretty good.

Dont really like the power doors.  May not know fully how to use them.  You apply power to the door, the door opens and stays open.  Cannot close it.  So I route the power to a trip wire.  Thought it would be cool.  But you activate the trip wire, door opens, but never resets/closes.  So tried a switch, door opens but never closes.  Only that that really works is the pressure plates but those just look off. 

Fusion Generators are great.  I had built a big fenced in area at Sanctuary to put all my generators.  I just removed 10 generators last night and replaced with one Fusion.

Neon lights are cool and all.  But I wish they were brighter.  Also, wish you could resize them. 

Nothing screwed up for me since I am on the console and do not use MODs.   I used to have a bunk house in Sanctuary but redid everything.  The existing houses, I walled off the car port area and made those in to sleep areas.  I have about 4 - 5 settlers in each.

Have not made any cages, yet.  Thinking of where I want to put them.  Was thinking maybe at the Mechanist's lair.  Since there is a center area for the fighting and cat walks for people to watch.  So kind of like a mini arena.

So, been on a building frenzy the past few days....

Started building an area for an arena.  Looking to fight small/medium creatures in Sanctuary.    Large creatures, I will find another place for.  Just developing the layout right now.  Not going to be overly big like some vids I have seen.  5 x 5 is all.  I may build a bigger one some place else for the large creature fights, but we shall see.  Thinking Spectacle island as there is a lot of space to build there.  Currently, Spectacle has bout 12 water purifying stations, 12 robot drones farming all the crops, and a few turrets.  That is it.   Saw a video where someone built a bunch of deathclaw cages and now there are about a couple dozen roaming the island.  May do something like that and build a prison for raiders and such.   We shall see.

More NPC are selling concrete as well.  Noticed that the lady in Diamond City sells shipments now as well as the NPC in Sanctuary and a few others.  Stacks of 100 or 200.  So concrete is easier to get.  Problem I am having now is rubber.    All other materials, I can get easily.  Even nuclear material is easy to find.  I do like how the concrete walls snap together.  Wish steel/wood did the same thing.  Concrete buildings look pretty nice as well....clean. 

I may rebuild my bar area since now you can add windows and actually stack the concrete walls on top of each other.  So you can raise the roof now and put things like stores inside easier and without using the rug glitch.

Supply issues... this is why I use TGM. I know what I need, and I still buy shipments, and collect the right scrap. I could skip that completely since TGM — Toggle God Mode — assumes you have (does not GIVE) 999 of everything. (This can hinder building of the level 3 shops, as they require more than 999 caps. Even if you have it, TGM locks your supply, temporarily, at 999.) I just don't feel I should have to worry about that. Call me a cheater, IDGAF, it's just how I play.

I love rebuilding structures. And yeah, the concrete kit is great. I rebuilt Bunker Hill. Tore out the bazaar roofs, with the sheets, and just put in a proper concrete ceiling. On the edge facing the bar/hotel, I put a bunker, complete with a neon sign saying FREE LODGING. I bet that guy, Joe something, is not too happy with me. He got 10 caps off me once. Now he'll never get it. Oh, and I spent an hour fiddling with stairs, when I realized I could scrap a piece of the monument scaffolding (the very end at the top) and like two 1x1 (mini) floors would perfectly bridge the roof to the scaffolding. Fenced it with the rails (alternating norespawns style) and now it just looks like a natural path to the roof that was there all along. Only other thing I did up there was put a robot building thing. I wanted an Assaultron to accompany me for a run to the Prydwen I thought might be tough. Wasn't a single threat. So I think I'll drop her at a settlement (I like flying solo). Really need to make more robots. I really see the appeal. I just haven't done it yet.

I am about to banish Strong to some random settlement.  He is starting to irritate me.  He will not shut the F up and does not move from one spot.

Got the bar rebuilt last night and built a clinic right next to it.  Thinking of rebuilding my other shops.  Have not decided yet.  Concrete is kind of tricky and you have to pay attention.  Sometimes, the walls will snap on top of the floors and sometimes on the sides.  Then the roofs will not fit properly.  I like how they have the single concrete column as well as the 1/2 concrete wall.  Wish wood/metal walls had 1/2 walls.

Building materials....buying them does not bother me much.  I don't use caps as currency...i use bottled water.  And have to do something with the water so I carry a little around with me, or on my companion, and anytime I am in down or at a merchant, I stop and buy real quick the junk items I need to salvage into the materials I need.

Still working on the arena.  Not sure I like the stop I started to build it on.   So I am thinking of moving it.  Need to figure out a good layout tho.  I dont want something overly big, but cannot be to small either.

Built several robots and have 12 of them attending one of my farms.

Anyway, works in progress....

On 4/15/2016 at 11:04 PM, dragontology said:

Supply issues... this is why I use TGM. I know what I need, and I still buy shipments, and collect the right scrap. I could skip that completely since TGM — Toggle God Mode — assumes you have (does not GIVE) 999 of everything. (This can hinder building of the level 3 shops, as they require more than 999 caps. Even if you have it, TGM locks your supply, temporarily, at 999.) I just don't feel I should have to worry about that. Call me a cheater, IDGAF, it's just how I play.

I love rebuilding structures. And yeah, the concrete kit is great. I rebuilt Bunker Hill. Tore out the bazaar roofs, with the sheets, and just put in a proper concrete ceiling. On the edge facing the bar/hotel, I put a bunker, complete with a neon sign saying FREE LODGING. I bet that guy, Joe something, is not too happy with me. He got 10 caps off me once. Now he'll never get it. Oh, and I spent an hour fiddling with stairs, when I realized I could scrap a piece of the monument scaffolding (the very end at the top) and like two 1x1 (mini) floors would perfectly bridge the roof to the scaffolding. Fenced it with the rails (alternating norespawns style) and now it just looks like a natural path to the roof that was there all along. Only other thing I did up there was put a robot building thing. I wanted an Assaultron to accompany me for a run to the Prydwen I thought might be tough. Wasn't a single threat. So I think I'll drop her at a settlement (I like flying solo). Really need to make more robots. I really see the appeal. I just haven't done it yet.

Stuff you did at Bunker Hill...that because of MODS?  I cannot do it on the XBOX.

On 4/16/2016 at 0:38 AM, techbeck said:

Stuff you did at Bunker Hill...that because of MODS?  I cannot do it on the XBOX.

Yeah. Specifically a mod called "Place Everywhere." It should be "Anywhere" but yeah, it replaces the red zones with a lighter version of whatever color you have the HUD on, but it's just the edges. So that means "The game won't like this, but we're gonna let you place it anyway." If it's a good placement, the HUD color will more completely cover the object. So — and I love patching roofs and stuff like this — I get out the concrete floor or the wooden "shack upper floor" (whichever is more appropriate) and I get it into a corner as best I'm able, and then the other pieces naturally snap to that. So houses like the one at Taffington Boathouse... and I wanna say there was another one... a lot of houses made that way... it's real easy. Oh, the other one was Jamaica Plains. Not the same kind of house, but I put a roof over the house part, and over the workshop. Then I went out on that little roof balcony thing and sealed that all up. Walls, ceiling, extended the floor out.

I never really claim the whole "PC Master Race" title and I think those guys are a bunch of jerks, but I probably wouldn't bother with settlement building if I were playing on PS4. (I don't have a PS4, but if I got a console, that'd be the one, since my PC is Microsoft and I feel an Xbox would just be redundant.) I'd just do the Sanctuary stuff for Sturges and get on with the actual game. Though I do think the concrete kit makes things a little easier. Still — and this is what f—s me right off with Fallout 4, excuse my language — each building kit contains a full set of whole pieces. I don't mean in the settlement building menu. I mean in the CK, what Bethesda used to make the game. They have a ton of pieces we don't have. The Covenant walls, for example. But they also have things like the house kits. We don't have them. Now what I think we should be able to do is, if we can't build with them, I think we should be able to repair them. Like, highlight a part of the kit, spend the resources it would cost to build it new (if it were available), and then it gets removed and replaced with the whole piece from the kit, and the Sole Survivor has repaired it. And I think once we get the CK, a mod will be released that will do exactly that, and we'll be able to repair each and every building in each settlement to pre-war standards. I don't just want to see holes in walls patched, either. I want to see Sanctuary houses restored. I want to see Red Rocket signs restored. On one hand, pre-war doesn't look lore friendly. But we can build stuff, so why not? At least, we should be able to restore stuff, if not polish it up.

Anyway, I got my first fight club built. I need to add seating and the bar in the VIP section (which anyone can get into, too bad we can't assign settlers to chairs), but it's functional, I just haven't trapped anyone yet. Imgur link, only three pictures so far.

Also, slightly unrelated, but I'm switching from an Android phone to an iPhone, and I made a Fallout-related quip about losing Android's extensive customization: Spending more time customizing the Android home screen a thousand different ways instead of just using the apps is like playing ‪‎Fallout 4‬ and building complex settlements instead of trying to find your kidnapped son... oh wait... Because as much as I like sneaking around and shooting people while sneaking, I find myself just working on settlements. I like walking the perimeter over and over until inspiration strikes, and I make a couple buildings, and secure the place real good... I'm just not one for decoration. I'd really like a mod where, instead of giving your settlers a bed, you give them a set living area and a salary, and the more you give them, the more they decorate their little slice of heaven (and the better they work, and buy nicer clothes and such). So you come back a week later and they have this bed with sheets and a comforter (why don't they have these now?), a picture on the wall, a nightstand with some stuff on it, a dresser with a few outfits they wear... In Oblivion, NPCs had such intricate lives... Skyrim kinda-sorta... the Fallout games, not so much. And that could be done better.

On 4/15/2016 at 7:27 AM, techbeck said:

I am about to banish Strong to some random settlement.  He is starting to irritate me.  He will not shut the F up and does not move from one spot.

Got the bar rebuilt last night and built a clinic right next to it.  Thinking of rebuilding my other shops.  Have not decided yet.  Concrete is kind of tricky and you have to pay attention.  Sometimes, the walls will snap on top of the floors and sometimes on the sides.  Then the roofs will not fit properly.  I like how they have the single concrete column as well as the 1/2 concrete wall.  Wish wood/metal walls had 1/2 walls.

Building materials....buying them does not bother me much.  I don't use caps as currency...i use bottled water.  And have to do something with the water so I carry a little around with me, or on my companion, and anytime I am in down or at a merchant, I stop and buy real quick the junk items I need to salvage into the materials I need.

Still working on the arena.  Not sure I like the stop I started to build it on.   So I am thinking of moving it.  Need to figure out a good layout tho.  I dont want something overly big, but cannot be to small either.

Built several robots and have 12 of them attending one of my farms.

Anyway, works in progress....

I always have Strong at a different location than my other companions (all companions are at the Red Rocket plus a couple extra settlers for defense or merchants).  Strong bitches every time you put on power armor or something like that, but it's a "like" from everyone else.  So I sent him to the Hangman's Alley as extra protection.

2 minutes ago, soniqstylz said:

I always have Strong at a different location than my other companions (all companions are at the Red Rocket plus a couple extra settlers for defense or merchants).  Strong bitches every time you put on power armor or something like that, but it's a "like" from everyone else.  So I sent him to the Hangman's Alley as extra protection.

Spectacle island is a better place.  Lots of places for him to roam and stay out of my way.  He has not moved in days from the back of the workshop house in sanctuary anyway.  He does not roam anywhere.