8 hours ago, dragontology said:

Looks like you only moved my post from one thread to the other. Where's that thread's OP? It isn't in chronological order. It was posted after my last post in this thread.

Now I look like a jerk for calling down the wrath of the mighty moderator... haha... was not my intention. ;) I will use a quote tag to summarize the OP of the other thread. (edit: No I won't apparently, there's an edit timer. Oh well. Guess I'll explain here.)

The OP of the other thread stated that there are secrets in Fallout 4 that have yet to be discovered. One of the guys at Bethesda (I forget the name... not Howard or Hines) was asked in an interview about any secrets left to be discovered in the game, and he said that there was one he was hoping we'd have found, that's in a terminal somewhere, and then there's another one. Hence my VATS/loading page theory.

Page 24, posted Feb 22nd. I've added the quote to your post so you don't look like a mad man ;)

• Like 1

Somewhat reminds me of the Portal 2 Co-op trailer. (By the way, how old do you feel knowing that Portal 2 came out nearly five years ago?! 19 April 2011. Has it really been so long?) I don't know, it's not really similar, besides having robots.

A lot of information has already leaked about the DLC, since Bethesda has selected a few people to get to play it early. For example, we know where the Mechanist's hideout is. According to StarLord, it's just north of the Boston airport, and northeast of the Old North Church (Railroad HQ). So I wonder what would happen — and I've wondered this about all DLC — if you were to go to that location. Like, we know the DLC hits Tuesday. I got my season pass (in before the price rise) and I know a lot of you guys do, too. So I'm thinking, we have a general idea of where that is on the map. Maybe we get better information in the meantime. So you're playing Monday, Monday night, and you're about to quit, but first, you go to that location. You compare your map with the player arrow to the picture with the Mechanist HQ and you try to be as close to it as possible. Then you save and quit, and you don't play again until the DLC is installed. If you got it right and you're within the space that the Mechanist HQ is (as opposed to, you missed and you load the game and you're staring at a wall), I wonder what will happen. I know it's a stupid question. If anyone wants to try it, I recommend first saving in a known safe spot (not where a building is liable to land on you) and then go make that save. So if it gets weird, just load the other one.

Anyone get any really weird Shauns? I don't think it's a spoiler so much now, as Bethesda said way back at E3 that Shaun's look would be calculated based on Nate and Nora's looks. So, since I'm playing Nora (though I didn't keep the name), I switched Nate to one of the black presets. Just to be different. I'm a white guy, but I'm playing a half-Chinese woman with a black husband. Just wanted to mess with the game. Well, Shaun looks just like my character. He didn't seem to get anything from the father. I saw him in the "Dangerous Minds" quest of course, and he had dark brown skin (might be darker than my character's) and he's got my character's white hair. Which is weird because my character's hair was set black in Sanctuary, but I changed it to white in 111, not to retcon the black hair, but I wanted it to be changed by the cryo sleep. I guess the game didn't take it that way. So now Shaun has white hair. Didn't get a screenshot, but when I warp into the Institute — just gotta get the Courser chip, and build the teleporter — I'll definitely get one. So, how weird can we make Shaun look?

I'll be honest, I haven't sat down and read all 26 pages of comments on this topic, :p

That being said, I've got a quick question.  I'm playing on PS4, and every once and a while some explosions won't render quite right.  It doesn't matter what type (pulse grenade, frag grenade, mini nuke, etc.).  99% of the time everything works and looks great, but sometimes they get all pixellated and washed out with one color.  Here's a video I caught of it happening when I tossed a pulse grenade.

My question is does this affect other platforms?  Does this even affect other PS4 users?  Is Bethesda aware of it if so?

So, with the season pass....do you go to the store as normal and download the DLC?  Or do it through the game?  DLC still shows $10 on XL even though I have the season pass

4 hours ago, Louisifer said:

I can safely say that I've never experienced that on PC :o or heard of it while browsing the fallout Reddit.

I don't "think" it's a hardware failure or problem (at least I hope not) because my PS4 is only about a month old, and I don't have any problems with any other games, there's no artifacts or problems elsewhere (which might indicate a video card failure), and I have the console sitting on a wire rack so that it has lots of open air on all sides including the bottom for ventilation.  So unless it's some sort of very intermittent problem and I got a defective PS4 that only misbehaves in Fallout 4 (which I guess could be a possibility), then it's something to do with the game itself, at least on my system.  Perhaps certain things aren't loaded in/out of memory properly?  I had a bunch of updates for other games installing in the background the other day (meaning the hard drive was really busy) and fast travelled somewhere and the ground was littered in little blue triangles that, after about 2 seconds, got filled in with their appropriate textures (little pieces of paper and such on the ground).  The stock hard drive that came with the PS4 is only 5400 RPM, and the only 2.5 inch 2TB drive that was 9.5mm or thinner that I could find when I upgraded it was also 5400 RPM, which is fine most of the time unless you've got something else running in the background like a game update/install.  Perhaps it's an issue with bottlenecking at the hard drive when it tries to load a new texture/effect that's not in memory yet?

On 18/03/2016 at 11:14 AM, Audioboxer said:

On 18/03/2016 at 11:25 AM, Nick H. said:

ARGH! I got logged in, selected to add it to the basket and then got an error. Now it's showing as £39.99.

Sony revoked the licenses:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-03-18-fallout-4-season-pass-currently-free-on-uk-playstation-store

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Ah, well I don't feel bad now. Actually, I was over it 5 minutes later, I was just annoyed I'd missed a chance at a freebie. If I was so inclined I wouldn't have a problem paying. As it stands though most of the content seems like filler to me, so I'll probably only get Far Harbor when it comes out.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Nick H. said:

Ah, well I don't feel bad now. Actually, I was over it 5 minutes later, I was just annoyed I'd missed a chance at a freebie. If I was so inclined I wouldn't have a problem paying. As it stands though most of the content seems like filler to me, so I'll probably only get Far Harbor when it comes out.

I was annoyed too, but would have also felt quite guilty. I plan to purchase a 2nd copy of FO4 and the pass on PC one day, anyway.

Automatron reviews have been a bit meh, but I hope the rest of the content is more substancial.

Just another heads up ... the DLC Fallout 4 Season Pass is $24 on Greenman Gaming right now with voucher SPRING20

Edited by jjkusaf
Clarification - Thanks Gerowen!

10 minutes ago, Louisifer said:

Looks like you're about to go critical :o are you RP'ing a robot.

It cleared up finally.  Happened when I was being attacked by the new raider group and got set on fire.

57 minutes ago, techbeck said:

So do the robots you create count towards the settlement population?  I forgot to check

No, but depending on weaponry they add to defense.   

8 hours ago, jjkusaf said:

Just another heads up ... the DLC is $24 on Greenman Gaming right now with voucher SPRING20

Automatron is showing up on the Playstation Store right now as $9.99 (USD) for me.

6 hours ago, soniqstylz said:

No, but depending on weaponry they add to defense.   

Cool.  Going to build several on Spectal Island.  So far, that area is unpopulated.  Also, good place to build/send robots to is the Boston Airport

Spoiler

and the Mechanists

lair since you cannot build food/water at those places.

Glad I have a good source of income and a lot saved.  Robots and their mods can cost a lot.

5 hours ago, Gerowen said:

Automatron is showing up on the Playstation Store right now as $9.99 (USD) for me.

Sorry...I should have said the season pass for 24.