[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 Insider Program

Windows Technical Preview  

1,031 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale of 1-5, 1 being worst, 5 being best. What do you think of Windows 10 from the leaks so far?

• 5.Great, best OS ever
    • 4. Pretty Good, needs a lot of minor tweaks
    • 3. OK, Needs a few major improvements, some minor ones
    • 2. Fine, Needs a lot of major improvements
    • 1.Poor, Needs too many improvements, all hope is lost, never going to use it
  2. 2. Based on the recent leaks by Neowin and Winfuture.de, my next OS upgrade will be?

• Windows 10
    • Windows 8
    • Windows 7
    • Sticking with XP
    • OSX Yosemite
    • Linux
    • Sticking with OSX Mavericks
  3. 3. Should Microsoft give away Windows 10 for free?

• Yes for Windows 8.1 Users
    • Yes for Windows 7 and above users
    • Yes for Vista and above users
    • Yes for XP and above users
    • Yes for all Windows users
    • No

oh comn....ctrl+v in cmd is a  "feature"?

It's been a major omission since forever.. plenty of options to replace it with a better shell but it sure would be nice to have one built in that finally doesn't suck.

oh come on....ctrl+v in cmd is a  "feature"?

Yes, since it wasn't there before, when was the last time you used the command prompt?  

They're showing off the new dynamic UI feature, gives you a different UI depending on the device type.   kb+mouse only, kb+mouse+touch and so on.

Windows Insider Program starts up tomorrow, with a desktop and laptop preview build.   Server build after that, consumer early next year.

Wish that Insider Program is not restricted to US only or some stupid regions and I really want to look deep into IE12.

ask about the icon wouldnt someone please think of the icons!!!!

Build 9841 is obviously an early build and in the middle of refining the UI. Give them time to renew the icons.

Assuming the ISO is a public beta release tomorrow, I've got a VM all set up and ready to go.

If this works like the Yosemite public beta, I assume the Insider Program will more or less just be a program running inside the TP where we can type in our feedback and submit bugs.

There's a video of the new Continuum feature up at the verge.   Basically the new start menu and windowed apps will change (if you want) on hybrid devices once the keyboard is detached and it's turned into a tablet.   Windowed apps go full screen and the new start menu turns full screen into a "newish" start screen. 

I fully expect this type of UI to be just what hybrid devices see,  pure tablets will probably see a different start screen UI and other touch controls that we'll find out about later.   In fact I'm betting the new start screen for touch only devices will be the same between WP10 and Windows 10 or whatever they name the new phone and tablet ARM version.  While x86 hybrids and pure desktops without touch get a slightly different UI but with key elements that are shared, like the live tiles and of course the universal apps from the single Windows Store that they're working on.