[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 Insider Program

Windows Technical Preview  

1,031 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale of 1-5, 1 being worst, 5 being best. What do you think of Windows 10 from the leaks so far?

• 5.Great, best OS ever
    • 4. Pretty Good, needs a lot of minor tweaks
    • 3. OK, Needs a few major improvements, some minor ones
    • 2. Fine, Needs a lot of major improvements
    • 1.Poor, Needs too many improvements, all hope is lost, never going to use it
  2. 2. Based on the recent leaks by Neowin and Winfuture.de, my next OS upgrade will be?

• Windows 10
    • Windows 8
    • Windows 7
    • Sticking with XP
    • OSX Yosemite
    • Linux
    • Sticking with OSX Mavericks
  3. 3. Should Microsoft give away Windows 10 for free?

• Yes for Windows 8.1 Users
    • Yes for Windows 7 and above users
    • Yes for Vista and above users
    • Yes for XP and above users
    • Yes for all Windows users
    • No

Mine is installing now.

It's hard to tell how long it takes to download. That depends on your connection. Apparently it's around 2 GB.

I have 250 mbit line, so it's peanuts for me.

Will update my post, when it finished installing and restarted without problems.

Mine is installing now.

It's hard to tell how long it takes to download. That depends on your connection. Apparently it's around 2 GB.

I have 250 mbit line, so it's peanuts for me.

Will update my post, when it finished installing and restarted without problems.

It would take ages with my 4 MB connection...

It took almost as long as the upgrade process from Windows 8.1 did.

However, it worked without a hitch. I like this new route Windows is taking.

They added some nince new animations, which make it feel all smoother.

I don't even see that. I'm probably missing something here.

Its in the background of downloading text.  It creeps to the right slowly.

Not terribly obvious and probably not even visible at certain brightness/contrasts.

I think they really should add a % indication when it's installing and also a time counter when downloading.   People should send feedback for this right away IMO.

• Like 3

Not terribly obvious and probably not even visible at certain brightness/contrasts.

Download took about ten minutes (Xfinity Performance - actually the mainstream default connection from Comcast - via wired gigabit) - installing as I type this.

That's not a progress bar. It's just a GUI glitch. I had that too.

Already found a glitch that wasn't in the oldier build, moving taskbar to the top position glitches out the bar. I also liked the proir builds opening app animation. Also graphical glitch on metro apps, it now has 1px white boarder that wasn't in the old build.

People should send feedback for this right away IMO.

I have already reached out to Gabriel Aul on Twitter. He acknowledged my feedback.

I think they really should add a % indication when it's installing and also a time counter when downloading.   People should send feedback for this right away IMO.

I will do this tonight, after the download is completed and the install finished.

I guess that will be around 8pm if everything goes well :)

Oh, I wasn't really paying too much attention to it. It's on the "Setting up" stage now, which actually has progress so I won't see the slight movement in the text until the next update.

There are regressions in this and bugs, they know about them and they'll fix them, so they say, probably with patches.  Remember that they put up 3 patches for 9860 before the build went live, those should fix some of the bugs to start.

At the moment all I see is: Downloading new preview build

The download now button is disabled and the little dots are spinning

No progress bar or anything. This is normal right?

And the text for the button is to big

At the moment all I see is: Downloading new preview build

The download now button is disabled and the little dots are spinning

No progress bar or anything. This is normal right?

And the text for the button is to big

Yup, that's normal, which is an issue because they give you no real indication other than the spinning dots.

Damn, I thought they would fix that annoying thing with the start menu... Opening a pinned app doesn't close the start menu, I hate that.

P.S. Is it just me or flash player doesn't agree with this build at all?! Every video I try to play, I get "video error" after 1-2 seconds.

EDIT: Nvm, seems to work after installing the first update for this build.

One other thing I've noticed in this new build, which they talked about on the front page news, if you click on the eithernet icon in the systrey you're taken to the PC settings networking section, no flyout side window like before.  Though after you click on your Ethernet connection in PC settings you're taken to a blank page, guess they haven't added in the options to that yet that you find if you go through control panel etc.