[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 Insider Program

Windows Technical Preview  

1,031 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale of 1-5, 1 being worst, 5 being best. What do you think of Windows 10 from the leaks so far?

• 5.Great, best OS ever
    • 4. Pretty Good, needs a lot of minor tweaks
    • 3. OK, Needs a few major improvements, some minor ones
    • 2. Fine, Needs a lot of major improvements
    • 1.Poor, Needs too many improvements, all hope is lost, never going to use it
  2. 2. Based on the recent leaks by Neowin and Winfuture.de, my next OS upgrade will be?

• Windows 10
    • Windows 8
    • Windows 7
    • Sticking with XP
    • OSX Yosemite
    • Linux
    • Sticking with OSX Mavericks
  3. 3. Should Microsoft give away Windows 10 for free?

• Yes for Windows 8.1 Users
    • Yes for Windows 7 and above users
    • Yes for Vista and above users
    • Yes for XP and above users
    • Yes for all Windows users
    • No

People have asked for drag and drop between VDs, that should come in a future build I bet. Also, if it's possible then there should also be a kb shortcut to do it as well.

One more thing, people posting UI concepts, not in this thread guys, post those in the other UI thread please.

@jackaluichi Yeah, I got an update too, but it's breaking my computer, I don't even know what to do.

You mean the new AMD drivers? They have pushed yet another new set with date February 6th. Have you tried those too as well?

Real? Fake? Who knows? Taking from a russian site.so called build 10022 with new task manager.

~snipped~

Too small image to clearly see whats new... :(

Real? Fake? Who knows? Taking from a russian site.So called build 10022 with new task manager. Leaning towards fake.

1424506856_1346896594.png

This was on Twitter a while ago. It's fake.

• Like 3

Any bets on whether a new build will drop this week?

Since today is the last day of the week, I'm getting no. My money is on next Friday.

• Like 3

In the context of this concept, the icons make sense, and they do fit quite well. That said, I'm a big fan of the more understated colours of icons from previous builds. 

I do really like the toggle design. It's a nice evolution, as opposed to the rounded toggles currently in the WP 10 TP. 

@jackaluichi I have a different AMD card, my driver is dated February 20th. That's what's making it break. But I restored Windows Update on the old Control Panel to hide the update. I was forced to, I'm a fan of the new Settings app, I just needed to hide this update for my computer to be usable.

Also, I'm hoping for a new build sooner than Friday. Preferable before Wednesday, actually.

• Like 1

@jackaluichi I have a different AMD card, my driver is dated February 20th. That's what's making it break. But I restored Windows Update on the old Control Panel to hide the update. I was forced to, I'm a fan of the new Settings app, I just needed to hide this update for my computer to be usable.

Also, I'm hoping for a new build sooner than Friday. Preferable before Wednesday, actually.

OK, man. Hopefully everything will work as expected with the next build as you say ;)

If I'm reading Gabe Aul's tweets right, it does not appear there will be a new build this week. :(

He has not posted about new build yet....  once the build is available, he will inform the insiders via the insiders hub or twitter.

You already got the updates so your PC will be prepared for the new build which you were informed about it.

Just sit tight and wait for the announcement for new build. 

Be patient.

• Like 1

Any have Civ5 running fine before the last update?

I cant seem to get it to run anymore sense the latest updates went in.

No error message just wont launch.

Steam itself launches and if I go thru it when I click on the Play button it at least brings up the Civ5 launcher. But no matter what DirX option u pick it wont launch the game either. :(

Just wondering if anyone else is getting this.

Thanks

Deasun

Any have Civ5 running fine before the last update?

I cant seem to get it to run anymore sense the latest updates went in.

No error message just wont launch.

Steam itself launches and if I go thru it when I click on the Play button it at least brings up the Civ5 launcher. But no matter what DirX option u pick it wont launch the game either. :(

Just wondering if anyone else is getting this.

Thanks

Deasun

I got it running perfectly by running the Windows 8 Touch version in Windows 8 compatibility mode. (STEAM_DIR\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\CivilizationV_Tablet.exe)

ya tried the compatible modes too.

No luck.

Ran Steams file verifcation utility on the game as well.

Wondering what update messed things up.

Other then this mishap Win10 preview has been running great.

This is my first post on this forum, so correct if I'm wrong, but oh look, I found what could be a reference to Microsoft's new browser, codenamed "Spartan", in the January Technical Preview, build 9926. So, recently I found an EXE in the system32 folder named "spartan_broker.exe". I checked the properties of it and it said just "Spartan" as the product name. I looked inside the file with notepad and it had some XML in it. I also found the file somewhere in the WinSxS folder. When I first posted about this on the BetaArchive forum, someone replied and said that this feature was not only in 9926, but in previous builds as well. Interesting indeed...

post-539864-0-87316500-1424739466.png

ya tried the compatible modes too.

No luck.

Ran Steams file verifcation utility on the game as well.

Wondering what update messed things up.

Other then this mishap Win10 preview has been running great.

What status do you see in DXDiag?  The AMD driver they push through WU doesn't work in 9926.  You didn't cite your display adapter or if its a general or Civ specific issue.