[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 Insider Program

Windows Technical Preview  

1,031 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale of 1-5, 1 being worst, 5 being best. What do you think of Windows 10 from the leaks so far?

• 5.Great, best OS ever
    • 4. Pretty Good, needs a lot of minor tweaks
    • 3. OK, Needs a few major improvements, some minor ones
    • 2. Fine, Needs a lot of major improvements
    • 1.Poor, Needs too many improvements, all hope is lost, never going to use it
  2. 2. Based on the recent leaks by Neowin and Winfuture.de, my next OS upgrade will be?

• Windows 10
    • Windows 8
    • Windows 7
    • Sticking with XP
    • OSX Yosemite
    • Linux
    • Sticking with OSX Mavericks
  3. 3. Should Microsoft give away Windows 10 for free?

• Yes for Windows 8.1 Users
    • Yes for Windows 7 and above users
    • Yes for Vista and above users
    • Yes for XP and above users
    • Yes for all Windows users
    • No

It's on the Classic Laptop render.

seems to be a horizontally expanded start menu when you look close.

I think he is referring to those 3 red boxes in top left corner (classic laptop, desktop). I am not sure they are tiles. :/

oh those, they don't seem to be tiles as much as system items to me, but who knows.

even if there is tiles on the desktop and you don't want it. here's a trick; don't use them

• Like 2

seems to be a horizontally expanded start menu when you look close.

If you zoom in you can see where the transparency of the Start Menu ends.

Does anyone know if Microsoft have fixed the HUGE Win7 bug in Windows Update for Windows 10?

The one where it says you have 100 updates, then after the reboot you have 50, then 20, then 10, then fully patched

Quick workaround I have read is that if you select certain updates (lets say 3), then after a reboot it wont say you have 97 left, it will say 20 lol

It's as if Windows Updates isn't hiding the superceeded updates

I don't think they can easily fix this. Some updates depend on others, some include others in themselves. The ideal situation would be to have 1 cumulative update every month that covers anything, but then that could get bigger in size over extended periods of time and what happens when it fails to update / install something... debugging would get more difficult.

They should just start releasing updated images with all the updates once per month for those that want to reinstall their OS. Everybody that wants to do a reinstall already knows how to get an image from a random website, so why not make that process easier for everybody?

If you zoom in you can see where the transparency of the Start Menu ends.

Actually it doesn't, you can see the same transparent block around ALL of it, there's a segment in between the actual start menu and the tiles but it's all part of the start menu. 

You might want to take them off and give them a polish fella.  The lower red tile also appears shorter than the upper two, i.e. obscured by the SM.  There's definitely something rendered here we've not seen before, and not just the huge weather tile.  What's that over in the top-right?  (Recycle bin I suppose). 

Not the first rendered Windows desktop where the artist has taken a few liberties though, unfortunately.

Let's take my finest example : FIFA Online 3 .

On Windows 8.1 it works like a charm .

On Windows 10 January TP - 9926 it makes my mouse to not be detected when I exit from it [ form the game , obviously ] .

If that seems better for you , I have nothing to say ...

By the way ... None of my games [ that I play daily ] haven't got any boost while I was running any version of Windows 10 so far ... So , you guys , just trust some lies [ and only because they are written ] , and not some true facts because are being said by a kid , like me . 

The biggest problem is the following one : We're in March and MS it suppose to lauch their '' new '' OS by June .

Have they enough time to make all the games and apps compatible with it ?*  [ * - all = those which had no problem with running on Windows 8 & 8.1 ] .

The biggest problem is the following one : We're in March and MS it suppose to lauch their '' new '' OS by June .

Have they enough time to make all the games and apps compatible with it ?*  [ * - all = those which had no problem with running on Windows 8 & 8.1 ] .

Rumor that MS has denied.

Actually it doesn't, you can see the same transparent block around ALL of it, there's a segment in between the actual start menu and the tiles but it's all part of the start menu. 

I'm talking about the red tiles at the top.

I'm talking about the red tiles at the top.

The red tiles could be anything, their uniform color suggest that they're not really desktop tiles but a system thing, maybe part of the start menu or not...

either way, if they are desktop tiles, so what, if you don't wan desktop tiles and it supports them, don't use them, if you do want them.. great. 

The red tiles could be anything, their uniform color suggest that they're not really desktop tiles but a system thing, maybe part of the start menu or not...

either way, if they are desktop tiles, so what, if you don't wan desktop tiles and it supports them, don't use them, if you do want them.. great. 

Yeah, really maybe a system thing, protruding from the Start Menu :D   Nice Rs covering.  

The illustration/concept is self evident.  Whether it makes to a public release we can't say now, but it would seem essential to me, so that Taskbar icons for Modern apps can become 'live'.   'Live' info on the Desktop?  We've been there before, and it made no sense without a side-bar reservation (i.e, Vista was better than 7 in that respect).

In spite of the total lack of an aesthetically pleasing UI, I am still really exited about Spartan and a number of other new features. Is anyone else checking Windows Update 4-5 a day like me? ;-)

Whenever I see the mention of 2 in 1's part of me screams "call it a TableTop" its both stupid and clever. :D

Whenever I see the mention of 2 in 1's part of me screams "call it a TableTop" its both stupid and clever. :D

I see what you did there!

Those look gorgeous. Looks like you can have a black title bar now!

Probably set by the app, too!

They showed some mock-ups of the Xbox app's first run at GDC, and here's transparency again, and decent window chrome... Really hope these make it into the final version.

btk0QVs.jpg

Note the Office folder!

And unfortunately, there is advertising on the start menu now.

• Like 1

Old Recycle Bin ( :( ) with word wrap.  Prevalent 'theme' colour of Modern apps (is that new?).  Odd.

That's not the old recycle bin. Similar, but different. The old one had a recycling logo on the glass bin.

You're right, though... the word wrap is definitely new.

@nosense I do believe he is referring to the suggested app on the left side and not the live tiles