[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 Insider Program

Windows Technical Preview  

1,031 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale of 1-5, 1 being worst, 5 being best. What do you think of Windows 10 from the leaks so far?

• 5.Great, best OS ever
    • 4. Pretty Good, needs a lot of minor tweaks
    • 3. OK, Needs a few major improvements, some minor ones
    • 2. Fine, Needs a lot of major improvements
    • 1.Poor, Needs too many improvements, all hope is lost, never going to use it
  2. 2. Based on the recent leaks by Neowin and Winfuture.de, my next OS upgrade will be?

• Windows 10
    • Windows 8
    • Windows 7
    • Sticking with XP
    • OSX Yosemite
    • Linux
    • Sticking with OSX Mavericks
  3. 3. Should Microsoft give away Windows 10 for free?

• Yes for Windows 8.1 Users
    • Yes for Windows 7 and above users
    • Yes for Vista and above users
    • Yes for XP and above users
    • Yes for all Windows users
    • No

I like the changes we've seen so far, the new OOBE account screen looks better, the ability to drag and drop apps between desktops is great and what people asked for on user voice.  I also noticed that universal apps are opening quicker in that build, if they can get store apps to open just as fast as legacy apps then great.

I recently did a fresh install of win10 to on my laptop. Installed all of the drivers, etc. It froze on every boot, so now I'm looking for an oem version of win 8 I can use my bios embedded key with, so my Lenovo acts like the day I got it, because when I used the pc refresh option, it wiped away my recovery partition. (Win 8 STD)

Well I hope they ditch the circle chart for a bar and one that breaks it down like in storage sense for WP.

ohh, I know its pre-release but the Network flyout login UI is U-G-L-Y. :s

Yea, also what's the point of making the Start button smaller? Isn't that something that shouldn't be focused on right now?

• Like 3

New video.(is the nasty bug shown in this video holding back the build?)

That's hardly a "nasty". It crashes and comes back almost immediately.

Yea, also what's the point of making the Start button smaller? Isn't that something that shouldn't be focused on right now?

There was a Neowin article (https://www.neowin.net/news/windows-10-search-functionality-updated-in-upcoming-builds) which mentioned that search and Cortana will be moved within the new Start Menu. Once this change is complete, my guess is that they will probably remove the search bar and reduce the overall size of the taskbar probably to reduce the amount of vertical screen space it takes up; I hypothesize that they are just reducing the size of the Start Button and the launchers so that they can shrink the entire taskbar once the updated Start Menu with search is implemented (from the way things are looking with the recent leaks it probably will not be in the next build, but who knows).

There was a Neowin article (https://www.neowin.net/news/windows-10-search-functionality-updated-in-upcoming-builds) which mentioned that search and Cortana will be moved within the new Start Menu. Once this change is complete, my guess is that they will probably remove the search bar and reduce the overall size of the taskbar probably to reduce the amount of vertical screen space it takes up; I hypothesize that they are just reducing the size of the Start Button and the launchers so that they can shrink the entire taskbar once the updated Start Menu with search is implemented (from the way things are looking with the recent leaks it probably will not be in the next build, but who knows).

I do tend to like the size of the Windows 8 taskbar / icon size. Hopefully this is something that can be adjusted.

• Like 2

I do tend to like the size of the Windows 8 taskbar / icon size. Hopefully this is something that can be adjusted.

I was talking with a mate about this ... still unknown ... but users would definitely want to revert the Windows 8 taskbar / icon size back to its origins .

OMG! OMG! OMG! They finally changed the Windows 95 disk space pie chart: :o

Q8xVvXG.gif

LMAO! Hahahahahahahahahaha! XD

They changed the pie chart but they should really change the whole properties dialog box/window. This should happen system wide, they all need to be redone now.

I agree, it should fall more in line with the Settings app.

Yeah, that's probably the best way to redo them now, make them all look like the Settings app does. The problem is that there are a bunch of them around the OS, don't know if they can do them all quick.

Hell, if they can't redo them in XAML, then I'm perfectly happy with them being done in WPF. Anything to get away from GDI/GDI+.

They changed the pie chart but they should really change the whole properties dialog box/window. This should happen system wide, they all need to be redone now.

Since they are modernizing pretty much the whole Windows I'm sure it will be done eventually. We just have to be patience. :)   

And build 10036 has been leaked, most possibly by WZOR himself. :p

I don't think WZOR leaked it. Faikee and some other please correct me if wrong.

I don't think WZOR leaked it. Faikee and some other please correct me if wrong.

Faikee doesn't do leaks.

And hounsell leaked it, not sure who the original source of the leak was, but hounsell is the one who is sharing it.