[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 Insider Program

Windows Technical Preview  

1,031 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale of 1-5, 1 being worst, 5 being best. What do you think of Windows 10 from the leaks so far?

• 5.Great, best OS ever
    • 4. Pretty Good, needs a lot of minor tweaks
    • 3. OK, Needs a few major improvements, some minor ones
    • 2. Fine, Needs a lot of major improvements
    • 1.Poor, Needs too many improvements, all hope is lost, never going to use it
  2. 2. Based on the recent leaks by Neowin and Winfuture.de, my next OS upgrade will be?

• Windows 10
    • Windows 8
    • Windows 7
    • Sticking with XP
    • OSX Yosemite
    • Linux
    • Sticking with OSX Mavericks
  3. 3. Should Microsoft give away Windows 10 for free?

• Yes for Windows 8.1 Users
    • Yes for Windows 7 and above users
    • Yes for Vista and above users
    • Yes for XP and above users
    • Yes for all Windows users
    • No

Faikee doesn't do leaks.

And hounsell leaked it, not sure who the original source of the leak was, but hounsell is the one who is sharing it.

I wanted rebuttal on part "who leaked it?". Not that, Faikee leaked it. He is quite knowledgeable guy in this domain at least in my eyes.

The bugs that might have caused this build to not be released is:

• The mail, people, and calendar apps do not work.
  • Folders with a large amount of items in the start menu crash the start menu sometimes.

The bugs that might have caused this build to not be released is:

• The mail, people, and calendar apps do not work.
  • Folders with a large amount of items in the start menu crash the start menu sometimes.

And I actually LIKE most of the changes between this build and 9926 - I'm not so change-averse that moving a quarter-inch is a "sin" - in fact, if you look at "tech" and "enthusiast" sites about Windows, a lot of these changes have been asked for.  However, there are still a lot of folks that seem to like using Windows as a "whipping post" - yet these same users are change-averse to the point of hostility.  (Basically, they complain that Windows is too "dull and boring" - yet they try and keep Windows itself as "dull and boring" as possible, by objecting to ANY sort of change - such as the new OOBE (Microsoft is NOT taking itself as seriously as it is known for - that is, in act, directly related in the OOBE; it's like the change in Pepper Potts in IM2 and later - some folks are not able to deal).

They changed the pie chart but they should really change the whole properties dialog box/window. This should happen system wide, they all need to be redone now.

This x37474738384744726251758-6948382727475858685838!

• Like 2

Thank you for letting us know . :) 

As it was stated by Microsoft themselves, and by the fact they haven't released this build.

Thank you for letting us know . :shifty: 

Awesome input to the discussion........

New things i notice.

New HDD explorer icon and new shield icon added

The left panel on explorer is space differently.

Small task bar now has full date and time.

New default program\Choose what app(very rough)

Very buggy build.

• Like 2

To Capture all new flags added in Internet Explorer, I had to increase VMWare resolution to 2560*1600, so be warned about this picture size:

Here is complete picture of new flags in IE:

22HCEvb.png

Test in Edge Rendering Mode

- Unprefixed FullScreen and Web Cryptography API support (from HTML5test.com)

- Clipboard APIs and Events support

- Date, Time Input support through flag

- Removed Custom Search providers support

- MPEG4 ASP support (Don't know whether its my side or what)

- Promises support

- Video Track Selection support

- Gamepad API support

- CSS3 Writing Mode support

- CSS3 Multi-column Layout support

- CSS3 Conditional Rules support

- CSS3 Filter Supports through flag

- Removed support for toStaticHTML API (in Edge rendering mode through flag, also in Build 9926)

- Regressed in CSS3 Text "line-break" support (deliberately or some other purpose, also in Build 9926)

- Improved CSP 1.0 support in this build

- Further improved ES6 support (from 70% to 74% - in Build 9926 to 10036)

Whats New in 10036 Leaked build

Desktop

• You can now drag windows to another desktop in the Task View
  • Task View has been updated with a new interface
  • You can now choose to display all active apps from all desktops in the taskbar, or only the apps that are on the current desktop
  • The start button now has a smaller Windows logo
  • When clicking on the network icon, a new window shows up to manage your connection without opening Settings
  • The window preview in the taskbar has been updated with a new design
  • Multiple icons have been updated

Start

• The start menu now can be made transparent
  • "Places" no longer have icons, and the "Places" title has been removed
  • The "All apps" icon has been changed
  • You can now put the PC to sleep with the power button in start
  • Folders now have an arrow to indicate that they contain a dropdown

Internet Explorer

• Internet Explorer has been updated to version 11.0.10011

Apps

• Settings
    • There are new app management tools
    • UI items have been refreshed
    • You can now choose to receive updates through P2P
  • Windows Feedback
    • The Feedback app now has an improved interface
  • Insider Hub
    • You can now track the feedback you've given
  • Like 2

Whats New in 10036 Leaked build

Desktop

• You can now drag windows to another desktop in the Task View
  • Task View has been updated with a new interface
  • You can now choose to display all active apps from all desktops in the taskbar, or only the apps that are on the current desktop
  • The start button now has a smaller Windows logo
  • When clicking on the network icon, a new window shows up to manage your connection without opening Settings
  • The window preview in the taskbar has been updated with a new design
  • Multiple icons have been updated
Start

• The start menu now can be made transparent
  • "Places" no longer have icons, and the "Places" title has been removed
  • The "All apps" icon has been changed
  • You can now put the PC to sleep with the power button in start
  • Folders now have an arrow to indicate that they contain a dropdown
Internet Explorer

• Internet Explorer has been updated to version 11.0.10011
Apps

• Settings

• There are new app management tools
    • UI items have been refreshed
    • You can now choose to receive updates through P2P
  • Windows Feedback

• The Feedback app now has an improved interface
  • Insider Hub

• You can now track the feedback you've given

Nice post, thanks.

I'm with others and am resisting the urge to install this. There must be a reason that MS hasn't pushed this build out to us. I'm waiting for the official build, hopefully with Spartan.

Why on Earth are they going out of their way to make it so ugly though? Since Windows 8, they've gradually taken the slick and polished UI of Windows 7 and dumbed everything down into a flat 1 color look that is really boring. I don't know why a company the size of Microsoft can't afford to hire a team of graphic artists to design an aesthetically pleasing UI.

As it was stated by Microsoft themselves, and by the fact they haven't released this build.

No , but ... many of us will try it , so I'm glad someone tells the true about a buggy OS .

Awesome input to the discussion........

New things i notice.

New HDD explorer icon and new shield icon added

The left panel on explorer is space differently.

Small task bar now has full date and time.

New default program\Choose what app(very rough)

Very buggy build.

Bearing in mind that any W10 build was plenty of bugs ... I was hugely ironic ... Sorry , bro . :D

Also noticed that setting up and logging into your Microsoft account from the OOBE doesn't invoke any sort of authentication, be that e-mail, SMS or via the Microsoft Account app.

That list says they've tweaked the shutdown and restart screens? Anyone have a screenshot of them, what's different?

It is pretty awesome what is being done with Internet Explorer - maybe this is part of the solution to the App Gap - if the App's don't come to the platform the platform will come to the Web. Interesting that Google is working towards making the difference between an application and online website to the point that end users wouldn't not be able to differentiate - maybe that is the part of the long term relationship Google has with Microsoft - that expending resources on a YouTube application would be better spent improving their website and Microsoft improving its own web browser to be able to deliver a top notch experience.

It is pretty awesome what is being done with Internet Explorer - maybe this is part of the solution to the App Gap - if the App's don't come to the platform the platform will come to the Web. Interesting that Google is working towards making the difference between an application and online website to the point that end users wouldn't not be able to differentiate - maybe that is the part of the long term relationship Google has with Microsoft - that expending resources on a YouTube application would be better spent improving their website and Microsoft improving its own web browser to be able to deliver a top notch experience.

Oh yes, it is nice to see that part of Microsoft's current strategy is blurring the line between applications and the Internet. The company had similar lofty goals during early development of Windows Vista when it was still known as "Longhorn," and later with XAML browser applications.

?dm=XEYK?dm=42GM
?dm=Q9TH?dm=7DP9
?dm=5HPF?dm=IENP
?dm=ID4D?dm=OVSW
?dm=BZZG?dm=MTT5
?dm=19PS?dm=5IEI
?dm=TVEG?dm=VJLG
?dm=HWAR?dm=HVG5
?dm=VEPZ

Notification LED for L730/735 is coming!

Build 12521

English is his second language. Trying to speak it is probably already hard enough. Please don't make it harder on him.

English may be his second language, but he clearly knows it well. You need to go back and look at his posts to see he is clearly trying to troll or just has issues with things that don't go exactly how he wants.

I had more to say about this person, but it's not worth it. You can just view his past posts in this thread to see that he's trolling. Well, he attempted to anyway.

He knows what he is doing and it didn't really fool anyone here so he tried playing dumb to get out of it.