[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 Insider Program

Windows Technical Preview  

1,031 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale of 1-5, 1 being worst, 5 being best. What do you think of Windows 10 from the leaks so far?

• 5.Great, best OS ever
    • 4. Pretty Good, needs a lot of minor tweaks
    • 3. OK, Needs a few major improvements, some minor ones
    • 2. Fine, Needs a lot of major improvements
    • 1.Poor, Needs too many improvements, all hope is lost, never going to use it
  2. 2. Based on the recent leaks by Neowin and Winfuture.de, my next OS upgrade will be?

• Windows 10
    • Windows 8
    • Windows 7
    • Sticking with XP
    • OSX Yosemite
    • Linux
    • Sticking with OSX Mavericks
  3. 3. Should Microsoft give away Windows 10 for free?

• Yes for Windows 8.1 Users
    • Yes for Windows 7 and above users
    • Yes for Vista and above users
    • Yes for XP and above users
    • Yes for all Windows users
    • No

Has anyone had any issues with the search function? When the computer first boots, the search box pops up with the start menu like it is supposed to. Sometime later, it stops working. I don't see the search box when I open the start menu, and clicking on the search icon brings nothing up. This is on build 10041.

is the light theme on by default?

If you're referring to the Calculator and Clocks app - yep.

Start Screen no longer shows open windows behind it. :D

Are there any other improvements to the expanded Start menu to make it more like the Windows 8.1 Start screen, Dot?

Are there any other improvements to the expanded Start menu to make it more like the Windows 8.1 Start screen, Dot?

None that I've seen so far. Still digging into the build. On first boot though, there doesn't seem to be much in the way of changes. Just little things.

Neowin doesn't render too well in Spartan yet. :(

Screenshot%20%2820%29%20%281%29.png?psid

Quick benchmark comparison of Spartan vs Chrome 43 dev, both running in a VMware Fusion 7.1 VM with 4 GB RAM assigned to it:

Capture.PNG

People, Calendar, and Mail apps don't appear to be working, either. There's also something called "Bio Enrollment" sitting in the All Apps list.

Ugh, have the title bar widgets still not been properly aligned relative to the title bar text as of the latest build? I was hoping it'd be addressed by now.

Ugh, have the title bar widgets still not been properly aligned relative to the title bar text as of the latest build? I was hoping it'd be addressed by now.

That most likely won't be addressed until the end.

That most likely won't be addressed until the end.

Hopefully. There are still minor UI nitpicks that seemingly haven't been addressed yet.

WOOT! Apps integrated into the explorer!

Capture.png

It's nice to see that applications can operate within an Explorer frame. The company had a similar idea back in 2003. I am sure that the feature will be more polished in future builds.

post-483058-0-08477600-1427764824.png

Dot, have you tried the same fix that was available for build 10041 for the Mail app?

I have not. I should look that up, and give it a try. I'm getting ready to turn in for the night though. Has anyone else tried it?

I have not. I should look that up, and give it a try. I'm getting ready to turn in for the night though. Has anyone else tried it?

yeah i just ran the fix again and it worked just fine

Not seeing anything much. A few new options with right clicking, but that's about it. I wouldn't worry too much, Gabe said this build was strictly about Spartan.

yeah i just ran the fix again and it worked just fine

Sweet. I'll have to go run that tomorrow when I get home from work.

I have the same issue I had with 10041, apps such as the old Store, Mail, People, Calendar, etc have their elements extend beyond the app window. It really sucks. Newer WinRT apps work fine.

Did anyone notice the slight colored window border? This means that apps will have more control of their metro window to make it stylish.

Synaptics finally works in this build for me!

Also Cortana's menu seems downgraded, but the layout and ordering of cortana has changed.