[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 Insider Program

Windows Technical Preview  

1,031 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale of 1-5, 1 being worst, 5 being best. What do you think of Windows 10 from the leaks so far?

• 5.Great, best OS ever
    • 4. Pretty Good, needs a lot of minor tweaks
    • 3. OK, Needs a few major improvements, some minor ones
    • 2. Fine, Needs a lot of major improvements
    • 1.Poor, Needs too many improvements, all hope is lost, never going to use it
  2. 2. Based on the recent leaks by Neowin and Winfuture.de, my next OS upgrade will be?

• Windows 10
    • Windows 8
    • Windows 7
    • Sticking with XP
    • OSX Yosemite
    • Linux
    • Sticking with OSX Mavericks
  3. 3. Should Microsoft give away Windows 10 for free?

• Yes for Windows 8.1 Users
    • Yes for Windows 7 and above users
    • Yes for Vista and above users
    • Yes for XP and above users
    • Yes for all Windows users
    • No

transparent task bar is also in this build. Some start screen changes as well (placement of power off and expandable start screen).

Any changes to "All Apps"?

OMG, why is it so hard for them to make proper icons? you just type "trash bin icon" in google image search and find dozens of competent alternatives or at least some with right thought direction.

OMG, why is it so hard for them to make proper icons? you just type "trash bin icon" in google image search and find dozens of competent alternatives or at least some with right thought direction.

If you don't like the icon then change it yourself when the OS is released.

Those new icons are fine with me. If you don't like them, you can change them. At least they are somewhat consistent.

transparent task bar is also in this build. Some start screen changes as well (placement of power off and expandable start screen).

Wait are you saying they're actually still working on the start menu/screen and adding the features they promised they would add that was lost when they did the XAML... now why didn't I bookmark the guy who was going on for pages how none of this was coming back :p

Wait are you saying they're actually still working on the start menu/screen and adding the features they promised they would add that was lost when they did the XAML... now why didn't I bookmark the guy who was going on for pages how none of this was coming back :p

Here you go.

:sleep: @this thread. My god my eyes hurt. I'll be so glad when this is all over, and RTM is released, so I can read another complaint thread on the same issues such as those I just got finished reading.  :punch:

• Like 2

Those new icons are fine with me. If you don't like them, you can change them. At least they are somewhat consistent.

they're trying to somehow make it in between "flat" and "familiar" (in desktop sense) ending up with some really odd cartoonish designs. As I see it, the only way for W10 to look professional is to settle with one-color flat style and if possible adopt the perspective of Windows/Office/Store logos

Win10 looking more and more like the picture ms showed awhile back in their feedback program. 

1_screen_shot_2015-03-18_at_11.28.46_am_

This looks pretty good.

Is light/dark really the best way to go though? I know light kind of ends up looking old with the grey, unlike iOS with the stark white "modern" look. Then, the dark theme is too dark everywhere with very little color. 

Homegroups almost always work if you're not using a third party firewall (in my experience at least.)  That's why I gave up on third party firewalls.

Homegroups almost always work if you're not using a third party firewall (in my experience at least.)  That's why I gave up on third party firewalls.

Try Wired, Wireless N/AC w/ 2.5 and 5 Ghz with Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and 10. They do not always work.

for?

Have you not heard? TP for Phones.