[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 Insider Program

Windows Technical Preview  

1,031 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale of 1-5, 1 being worst, 5 being best. What do you think of Windows 10 from the leaks so far?

• 5.Great, best OS ever
    • 4. Pretty Good, needs a lot of minor tweaks
    • 3. OK, Needs a few major improvements, some minor ones
    • 2. Fine, Needs a lot of major improvements
    • 1.Poor, Needs too many improvements, all hope is lost, never going to use it
  2. 2. Based on the recent leaks by Neowin and Winfuture.de, my next OS upgrade will be?

• Windows 10
    • Windows 8
    • Windows 7
    • Sticking with XP
    • OSX Yosemite
    • Linux
    • Sticking with OSX Mavericks
  3. 3. Should Microsoft give away Windows 10 for free?

• Yes for Windows 8.1 Users
    • Yes for Windows 7 and above users
    • Yes for Vista and above users
    • Yes for XP and above users
    • Yes for all Windows users
    • No

Not complaining as much as wondering if it is just me. Is the latest build very unstable for anyone else?

I am very happy with the direction that the ui is taking. Although I haven't used it on a tablet I think the foundation they have laid is a decent one, although it needs to go through a few iterations before it really bears fruit.

Not complaining as much as wondering if it is just me. Is the latest build very unstable for anyone else?

I am very happy with the direction that the ui is taking. Although I haven't used it on a tablet I think the foundation they have laid is a decent one, although it needs to go through a few iterations before it really bears fruit.

Not here.  Only problem I still have is if I have both my GPUs enabled system interrupts skyrocket a lot and hose the system...I'm sure it'll be fixed eventually, but for now I just disabled the other one.

Very much so. This build is barely functional. I can't agree about the UI either. Apps lack uniformity, which is a major turnoff so far. Microsoft can't implement ONE design across their built in apps?! How hard is that to do, really?

Very much so. This build is barely functional. I can't agree about the UI either. Apps lack uniformity, which is a major turnoff so far. Microsoft can't implement ONE design across their built in apps?! How hard is that to do, really?

I hope that they have a UX compliance test phase happening soon. The apps although good, are all over the place.
  • Like 2

The differences between the new apps is probably for feedback testing, the whole fly out vs collapse menu deal.   Thought for apps that don't have many settings/controls I don't know if they need a collapsible side menu and might opt for a fly out.    

I see the blue lock screen issue (where everything is blue and you need to re-lock your PC to get that blue screen to go away) is still there.

I wonder why you can't swipe up on the start screen to get to all apps? It seems like it would be logical to do that on a tablet vs. pressing "all apps."

Regarding hamburger menus, they pose the most threat to WP10, but also quite a pain for tablet users, and there are plenty of concepts how to improve the situation like this: http://www.theverge.com/2015/2/19/8069609/hamburgers-on-windows-a-possible-solution

Interesting idea, I like the Zune-ey mockup.  Some pretty disheartening comments in this article that don't bode well for those of us who preferred a more elegant UI.  Including this nice bit of bollocks.

"This isn

Is anyone else seeing that build 10074 is out?  Probably only available to MS employees, but i found it at least semi-interesting. Overall, I'm still somewhat satisfied with the directions that they're going with Windows 10.  A ton of bugs to be worked out yet, but that's to be expected.  Looking forward to the next leak or release.  (Y)

post-173952-0-65407600-1430202085.jpg

I had a bug sense early builds that when the start menu closes, my taskbar hides but then comes right back.

I dont have the autohide taskbar option on.

I also used the refresh option to clean up the system some, but the start menu/taskbar problem is still there.

another problem I have is that my hardrives shut off causing system delays.

I have the power saving set to never for harddisk and it still doing it.

At this point, Microsoft just needs to fuss up, and release a post 10100 build. I'm tired of these outdated, buggy builds.

At this point, Microsoft just needs to fuss up, and release a post 10100 build. I'm tired of these outdated, buggy builds.

You have no idea how build numbering works in Windows branches, do you?

I'm betting more towards the end of the week.

Nha, it will probably be tomorrow, build 10074 hitted the external ring already, which means that it doesn't take long before it will go out through Windows Update. I wouldn't be surprised if the ESDs are found on the Windows Update Server today.

Well then, we're getting build 10074, which is right now 4 days old.

20150428_174542_600.jpg

I like this new look, I hope they add these into the notification center so you can use them through that as well when in tablet mode and the taskbar is hidden.

I like this new look, I hope they add these into the notification center so you can use them through that as well when in tablet mode and the taskbar is hidden.

I just hope they change the slider to the circular one in the Video Preview app.

I just hope they change the slider to the circular one in the Video Preview app.

I don't have an issue with how it looks in the pic, but if it's changed to a circle I'd be fine with that as well, either work for me.

Nha, it will probably be tomorrow, build 10074 hitted the external ring already, which means that it doesn't take long before it will go out through Windows Update. I wouldn't be surprised if the ESDs are found on the Windows Update Server today.

Well then, we're getting build 10074, which is right now 4 days old.

Yeah, build 10074 is very recent, more than 10102.

It does look good. I hope the taskbar is hidden in tablet mode too.

It does look good. I hope the taskbar is hidden in tablet mode too.

It should be, we know it'll change the way it looks but it should auto-hide by default as well until you swipe up when you need it, something you can do easily with one of your thumbs as well.  It'd be no different from before on 8 when you would bring up the app bar.

It should be, we know it'll change the way it looks but it should auto-hide by default as well until you swipe up when you need it, something you can do easily with one of your thumbs as well. It'd be no different from before on 8 when you would bring up the app bar.

It's what makes most sense.