[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 Insider Program

Windows Technical Preview  

1,031 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale of 1-5, 1 being worst, 5 being best. What do you think of Windows 10 from the leaks so far?

• 5.Great, best OS ever
    • 4. Pretty Good, needs a lot of minor tweaks
    • 3. OK, Needs a few major improvements, some minor ones
    • 2. Fine, Needs a lot of major improvements
    • 1.Poor, Needs too many improvements, all hope is lost, never going to use it
  2. 2. Based on the recent leaks by Neowin and Winfuture.de, my next OS upgrade will be?

• Windows 10
    • Windows 8
    • Windows 7
    • Sticking with XP
    • OSX Yosemite
    • Linux
    • Sticking with OSX Mavericks
  3. 3. Should Microsoft give away Windows 10 for free?

• Yes for Windows 8.1 Users
    • Yes for Windows 7 and above users
    • Yes for Vista and above users
    • Yes for XP and above users
    • Yes for all Windows users
    • No

It definitely works.  The clips it saves are in .mp4 and the video quality is ok but I understand since the file size is small.  I recorded a 30 second clip and it's 33MB.

You can change the quality in the settings of the xbox one app under game dvr if I remember correctly. That should allow you to set it to record higher quality clips.

Edit: zman982 beat me to it

start menu seems to have issue with some games, and installing video drivers.

when installing video drivers. the start menu opens by it self and wont close until after a reboot.

I tested some older openl games. and the start menu opens when starting the games and causes graphical issues with them.

Hm, Spartan seems... very spartan. The favorites management doesn't even include import or sync? I would love to be able to test it more, but it doesn't do anything test worthy yet - and what it does do it does poorly.

Another thing I noticed about Spartan in the latest fast ring build is that when you double/triple click the text in the address bar, it doesn't highlight the address so you can type over it :(

rxfRmUW.jpg

Looks to me like 10074 will be the build today at //build/ as according to that screenshot, it is the latest build for insiders. So far, 10074 is VERY stable and fixed my reboot/shutdown errors. I would recommend a clean install for this build - things seemed to randomly not work when I upgraded from 10049 but have since dissapeared after a clean install from the iso.

does anybody know how to disable the start menu.

I have problems with it randomly popping up and interfering with game and such.

I installed start10 but the windows menu still keeps popping up 

Anyone having the start menu issue where some applications won't open when you press on them and also when you uninstall a program it doesn't remove it from the all apps menu in the start menu and just has a wired string of numbers/letters in its place that you cannot remove?

Also either I had some major crash or windows 10 updates in an odd way sometimes but I rebooted my PC a few days ago and it come up with a installing windows screen. It took about 20 mins to finish the installation and it looked like it had some updates put in but instead of installing updates screen message I got an installing windows 10 message that made it look like Windows got corrupted and need a reinstall which it seemed to do on its own.

does anybody know how to disable the start menu.

I have problems with it randomly popping up and interfering with game and such.

I installed start10 but the windows menu still keeps popping up

Try to stop using Start10, it might just fix it.
  • Like 2

.You may want to clean-install 10074 anyway.  In fact, I did clean install 10074 Enterprise (replacing 10064 Enterprise), and it was - easily - the fastest clean install of Windows (x64 or x32) since XP.

The entirety of the middle section of the OOBE doesn't happen with a clean install.

One other difference - a clean-install now defaults to a local account or other institutional (such as school/work) account; you can convert to a Microsoft account later.

And I discovered the reason for my woes with DCUO - it is combination of OS-isms that require both client-side AND server-side fixes.  Both fixes have been applied to the (separate) PC Test Server and client already; they will migrate to the Live Server and client with either the next Episode (Halls of Power II) or Game Update 47 - both are due in May.

I installed 10074 Enterprise and it's plaguing me with "Activate Windows", is there a preview key for that build?

It diesn't highlight it, but you can type over it. It's a known issue.

It doesn't seem to be there anymore, at least not in the 10074 build. Highlighting works normally once more.

Hello peeps, I plan to install a stable build of Windows 10 Technical Preview, just to have a peek. Can anyone suggest me a stable build? Is 10074 considerably stable? :)

Hello peeps, I plan to install a stable build of Windows 10 Technical Preview, just to have a peek. Can anyone suggest me a stable build? Is 10074 considerably stable? :)

For now, I would say go with the latest Slow Ring build, which is build 10041. Through I do consider both build 10061 and 10074 stable, they might not be on your machine. You could jump to 10061 in the Fast Ring, but I strongly recommend against 10074 if you're looking for a stable experience that is also supported as it is currently still a leak instead of an official build. But a stable one at that.

Actually it does you just cant see it.

It doesn't work for me. No matter if I double/triple click, it still adds text to the end. I'm using the newest fast ring build on my SP3.

I installed 10074 Enterprise and it's plaguing me with "Activate Windows", is there a preview key for that build?

user the command in a cmd (admin mode) - slmgr.vbs -ipk yourWIN10SerialNumber

That worked for me :)

Has anyone managed to get RSAT running on build 10061??

Grabbed the latest version from http://www.microsoft...s.aspx?id=45520

user the command in a cmd (admin mode) - slmgr.vbs -ipk yourWIN10SerialNumber

That worked for me :)

Has anyone managed to get RSAT running on build 10061??

Grabbed the latest version from http://www.microsoft...s.aspx?id=45520

Yeah, I ended up finding a article for something which gave me a similar command. I entered this into admin CMD:

slmgr /s PBHCJ-Q2NYD-2PX34-T2TD6-233PK

Worked fine after that.

For now, I would say go with the latest Slow Ring build, which is build 10041. Through I do consider both build 10061 and 10074 stable, they might not be on your machine. You could jump to 10061 in the Fast Ring, but I strongly recommend against 10074 if you're looking for a stable experience that is also supported as it is currently still a leak instead of an official build. But a stable one at that.

Wait for the BUILD day to progress before deciding on a clean preview install

Downloading the build 10041. But I'll look forward for news from BUILD before installing.  Thank you. :) (Apparently, I'm an amateur :) )

I think the news is off from Thurrott, there have been other posts that talk about VS2015 allowing you to make a "cross-platform" app that works on Windows AND Android (v4.4 and 5.0) using C++.  I think the goal here is to allow developers to make Android apps in VS as easy as possible and with a simple click you also get a Windows universal app, and since the UI for apps between Windows Phone and Android is pretty much the same, they don't have to do any UI work specifically for WP, which I'm betting few wanted to do.

VS 2013 Community or later will do it - this includes VS 2015 CTP3 or later (current VS 2015 is CTP 6, with VS 2015 RC, in fact, due to launch during BUILD).  The issue with Android development is very polar - either they will not develop for Windows Phone due to small marketshare, or they assume that Universal Windows apps are too difficult to write OR test compared to Win32.