[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 Insider Program

Windows Technical Preview  

1,031 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale of 1-5, 1 being worst, 5 being best. What do you think of Windows 10 from the leaks so far?

• 5.Great, best OS ever
    • 4. Pretty Good, needs a lot of minor tweaks
    • 3. OK, Needs a few major improvements, some minor ones
    • 2. Fine, Needs a lot of major improvements
    • 1.Poor, Needs too many improvements, all hope is lost, never going to use it
  2. 2. Based on the recent leaks by Neowin and Winfuture.de, my next OS upgrade will be?

• Windows 10
    • Windows 8
    • Windows 7
    • Sticking with XP
    • OSX Yosemite
    • Linux
    • Sticking with OSX Mavericks
  3. 3. Should Microsoft give away Windows 10 for free?

• Yes for Windows 8.1 Users
    • Yes for Windows 7 and above users
    • Yes for Vista and above users
    • Yes for XP and above users
    • Yes for all Windows users
    • No

I mean with no previous window open. It opens at its previous location.

Mine shifts slightly down and to the right. I had thought this was to prevent overlap.

On another note, I had noticed a few times when I wanted to check the time on the taskbar, all I usually did was mouse down to bring up my hidden taskbar, but in  Win10, I have no "always on top" feature in the taskbar properties. This is always handy when I have a full screen...then again, a minor issue.

I saw a post saying that they've pushed out a update for this build that should fix a number of issues.  Anyone get the update yet?

I saw a post saying that they've pushed out a update for this build that should fix a number of issues.  Anyone get the update yet?

Read something similar here: http://news.softpedia.com/news/Microsoft-Releases-Major-Windows-10-Update-Adds-Dolby-Digital-Plus-Codec-480011.shtml

and here as well: http://www.windowscentral.com/windows-10-insider-preview-build-10074-gets-update-fixes-some-bugs

Here's a look at what's been fixed in this update.

- The Start menu and Cortana do not open on Windows 10 Insider Preview after upgrading from Windows 10 Technical Preview

- Windows Error Reporting data remain in queue and are not uploaded

- Updated versions of preinstalled apps might not install with error 0x8004264A after upgrading to Windows 10 Insider Preview

- Qualcomm Atheros Bluetooth radio controllers might not function and indicate a Code 43 error in Device Manager

- Automatic updates might not initiate on mobile devices if an app on the device is not in the Store catalog

- Apps that are deployed to an SD card on mobile devices might not install or open

- This update fixes a hang that can occur when updating battery status

• Like 1

I haven't seen anything popping up in the windows update, but last Thursday bluetooth in my work laptop was throwing the 43 error code and disabling itself. Today, it magically appears to be working, I just paired my headset and all looks good. It seems like the windows update did some stuff automatically.

I haven't seen anything popping up in the windows update, but last Thursday bluetooth in my work laptop was throwing the 43 error code and disabling itself. Today, it magically appears to be working, I just paired my headset and all looks good. It seems like the windows update did some stuff automatically.

Here's the post about it from windows central.

http://www.windowscentral.com/windows-10-insider-preview-build-10074-gets-update-fixes-some-bugs

• Like 1

I see that the new calendar popup on the systray clock is being coded by the same monkeys who make the calendar and time stuff on windows phone. 

I don't get it, you tell windows in th settings that Monday is the first day of the week, you even set it in your Live/outlook web settings because apparently sometimes you have to do that. But even after that they ignore your settings because of some regional setting and decide to use Sunday as first day of the week.

on the phone they do the same crap with time. clock is set to 24h in every possible setting on the phone and online. Still several of the apps(including alarm and calendar(well up untill they added outlook now) decide to use AM/PM instead, despite your own settings...

why is it so hard to use the settings you have set. same thing they did with the 360 when they decided to ignore the language setting and use your country of residence instead(must be great for those who work in a country but don't speak the language).

DOes anyone know how to use the new compressed OS support in this build (or if it is possible)? I wanted to try it on my HP stream 7 (which is still running 8.1 because tablet support on 10 sucks)

• Like 2

Has someone found how to enable Jump Lists on 10074?  Seems that the reg hack does not work anymore.

I fixed this by waiting for the next build.

Could someone please tell me if the app development model is VERY different compared to 8.1?

I am currently doing my thesis about cross-device location-aware search thingy, and I am not sure if I should upgrade to Windows 10 and do it there, or stick to 8.1. :/

fQ3AgNc.png

Does anyone know the name of this wallpaper or where to get it in really good quality? I love it..l

Why is Microsoft intending to fix things in later releases? Edge won't have addons "until later", now DVD playback won't be fixed "until later". Sheesh, Windows 10 is going to RTM in a broken state.

Because a large development (saying Windows is a large development is an insult, it is a tremendous development project) has to stay on rails to meet deadlines for thousands of interworking parts. If something can't be done, it'll have to be worked around and done later. There is just no way to change dates of major branches - not only in the code, but in production and distribution. They can't delay Win10 as a whole from release because work on Edge is going slower than expected, they have dates made months ago.

Does anyone know the name of this wallpaper or where to get it in really good quality? I love it..l

post-21852-0-83272900-1430779196.jpg

And also, viruses could manipulate the theme to make the computer unuseable. It shouldn't be enabled by default, if een included. Power users will know to use UXStyle, and power users are really the only ones who will use them.

They already can, it wouldn't make any difference. As bigmuscle's Aero Glass plugin proves, it's already possible to inject code into DWM even with a closed off theme service. And if themes are hosted on a Microsoft site and made available through the store (like you get now with Android themes) there would be no risk.

Thank you jjkusaf, what did you do the file?? It's double the size, looks more sharp I think??

Why is Microsoft intending to fix things in later releases? Edge won't have addons "until later", now DVD playback won't be fixed "until later". Sheesh, Windows 10 is going to RTM in a broken state.

Windows as a service? They will get the core OS and UI done by RTM and then apps will keep getting updated till GA and beyond.

That said, DVD playback isn't really a core OS feature anymore. I can't imagine many people using their PCs for playing DVDs in the age of streaming and DD services.

I think you should really take a break from these frequent builds. :laugh: All you are doing in this thread is constant whining - saying this as someone who was/is on the same side of Windows 8.x debate as you.

MS have pretty much shown that they are willing to make UI and OS changes close to RTM making stability phase much shorter. I think with this new "service" model and the insider builds, they will be experimenting right up to the day before RTM. :|

I'm really still confused that DVD playback hasn't been a native Windows feature, like, 10 years ago. I don't even have an optical drive anymore.

I use my computer to play dvds all the time.  :s

So if I use a third party player like VLC will that work? Or will windows not even detect the dvd?