[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 Insider Program

Windows Technical Preview  

1,031 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale of 1-5, 1 being worst, 5 being best. What do you think of Windows 10 from the leaks so far?

• 5.Great, best OS ever
    • 4. Pretty Good, needs a lot of minor tweaks
    • 3. OK, Needs a few major improvements, some minor ones
    • 2. Fine, Needs a lot of major improvements
    • 1.Poor, Needs too many improvements, all hope is lost, never going to use it
  2. 2. Based on the recent leaks by Neowin and Winfuture.de, my next OS upgrade will be?

• Windows 10
    • Windows 8
    • Windows 7
    • Sticking with XP
    • OSX Yosemite
    • Linux
    • Sticking with OSX Mavericks
  3. 3. Should Microsoft give away Windows 10 for free?

• Yes for Windows 8.1 Users
    • Yes for Windows 7 and above users
    • Yes for Vista and above users
    • Yes for XP and above users
    • Yes for all Windows users
    • No

They have to add full-screen app list and give us more space for tiles on start screen (too much blank space). But I hope everything going in the right direction. 

One can only hope. The current one should be a crime. :/

Do you have a link to the video?

Do you have a link to the video?

I was referring to the current Insider release. The Start amalgamation just doesn't work... at all. The News tile has text overwritten on other text, my Minecraft tile has weather displayed behind the icon, I cannot put more than one large tile in a row, there are 3D artifacts from flipped tiles overwriting unrelated tiles... this just is not ready for a release in the next few months unless they're holding out on a good build for some reason.

• Like 1

The list is made longer by the spacing and addition of the letters of the alphabet

Which is, IMHO, a near worthless feature if it cannot be customized by other criteria like in Windows 8.1 (name, date installed, frequency of use, categories).

Perhaps you are referring to semantic zoom? In Windows 8.1 Update, clicking, tapping, or touching a letter allows users to narrow their focus to a specific category (i.e., to another letter, category, et cetera). IIRC, similar circumstances apply to Windows Phone.

post-483058-0-13249900-1431285954.png

post-483058-0-83017100-1431285957.png

You can't start typing an app name when all apps is open to find it

Again, in Windows 8.1 this is possible. Why should a compromise be made?

They really need to get it together. Several Windows 8.1 features need to come back and well, I don't know how they're still thinking a summer release is possible. Unless they do something very fashionable, release it as a buggy product and then try to fix it with huge patches. I sincerely hope that it's not what we're going to have in the end.

• Like 2

They really need to get it together. Several Windows 8.1 features need to come back and well, I don't know how they're still thinking a summer release is possible. Unless they do something very fashionable, release it as a buggy product and then try to fix it with huge patches. I sincerely hope that it's not what we're going to have in the end.

Day one updates. :rolleyes:

Ha ha ha ha. At least I hope they provide us with updated ISOs along the way [emoji14]

Day one DLC.

Microsoft © Windows © 10 Pro with Day One DLC and Microsoft Edge © Internet Browsing Technologies 2015

A new build of the operating system you just installed is available. Download now? Y/N

:D

You're getting a new build? It's not showing up for me...

You're getting a new build? It's not showing up for me...

I believe they were being sarcastic.  I.e. talking about the potential for huge Windows 10 updates like that you get with modern games (you buy a game and then have to download a huge patch before you can even play it).

A new build of the operating system you just installed is available. Download now? Y/N

:D

If you select No, you will be kicked off the internet?

You're assuming that Windows 10 is worked on as one monolithic block. I don't see that being the case; there are likely teams for the various components, working on improving their respective parts of the OS. We won't see the (more or less) polished end product before close to RTM I reckon.

You're assuming that Windows 10 is worked on as one monolithic block. I don't see that being the case; there are likely teams for the various components, working on improving their respective parts of the OS. We won't see the (more or less) polished end product before close to RTM I reckon.

This

While currently we only get new versions of most stuff with new builds. When the RTM comes along the OS build itself will merely reflect the core of the OS. with everything else basically being apps, it can all be upgraded outside of a massive OS upgrade, including the start menu "can" be upgraded through simple software upgrades in windows update, shouldn't even need a windows restart. 

I was hoping to install the preview going by the fact that it seems that insider developers (providing you have a valid 8.1 key) you'll be upgraded to the RTM for free. So went ahead to try and install the latest build...........but only for the thing to fail at the last minute with a BSOD system_service_exception

After using windows 10 for a bit I found myself wanting to do things like make the clock in the lower right corner larger or install widgets to the desktop like the "gadgets" feature in windows 7. Microsoft should try to completely merge the metro interface and desktop.. make it like android where you can place regular icons, the square metro APP style icons (also known as 'live tiles') , and any and all sort of widgets, all on one screen.

Other then that the start menu is much improved.. I just feel the desktop has a lot of space that could be utilized better. Hopefully at some point they can merge the two interfaces, also allowing you to be able to swipe between multiple desktop screens on the PC just like you could on an android phone.

It looks like the multiple desktop feature is in there, albeit hidden a bit. Gonna have to dig around and see what other goodies are in win 10.

You can have Windows 7 gadgets in Windows 10 

After using windows 10 for a bit I found myself wanting to do things like make the clock in the lower right corner larger or install widgets to the desktop like the "gadgets" feature in windows 7. Microsoft should try to completely merge the metro interface and desktop.. make it like android where you can place regular icons, the square metro APP style icons (also known as 'live tiles') , and any and all sort of widgets, all on one screen.

Other then that the start menu is much improved.. I just feel the desktop has a lot of space that could be utilized better. Hopefully at some point they can merge the two interfaces, also allowing you to be able to swipe between multiple desktop screens on the PC just like you could on an android phone.

It looks like the multiple desktop feature is in there, albeit hidden a bit. Gonna have to dig around and see what other goodies are in win 10.

You can have Windows 7 gadgets in Windows 10 but i agree, I would rather have app tiles just floating on my desktop that update in realtime rather than desktop gadgets.