[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 Insider Program

Windows Technical Preview  

1,031 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale of 1-5, 1 being worst, 5 being best. What do you think of Windows 10 from the leaks so far?

• 5.Great, best OS ever
    • 4. Pretty Good, needs a lot of minor tweaks
    • 3. OK, Needs a few major improvements, some minor ones
    • 2. Fine, Needs a lot of major improvements
    • 1.Poor, Needs too many improvements, all hope is lost, never going to use it
  2. 2. Based on the recent leaks by Neowin and Winfuture.de, my next OS upgrade will be?

• Windows 10
    • Windows 8
    • Windows 7
    • Sticking with XP
    • OSX Yosemite
    • Linux
    • Sticking with OSX Mavericks
  3. 3. Should Microsoft give away Windows 10 for free?

• Yes for Windows 8.1 Users
    • Yes for Windows 7 and above users
    • Yes for Vista and above users
    • Yes for XP and above users
    • Yes for all Windows users
    • No

A browser so safe, opening more than one tab crashes it :D 

I would rather have app tiles just floating on my desktop that update in realtime rather than desktop gadgets.

Hey...it already does that on my tablet. Just try re-arranging very large tiles. The news app almost always stays floating even after start menu is closed. :laugh:

While we wait for a new build:

6:53 New Tile Animations

9:36 Tile States: Plate App logo, short name, badge, content

14:08 Interactive Tiles

I can't watch/listen right now - any mention of why Modern app icons on the Taskbar and 'TileSmall' (with a badge) aren't the same thing, and whether they will be?  it really bugs me that they're not - i.e. a Modern app icon is not 'live' when it's running/pinned.

Has anyone seen "We need your MS account credentials" prompt with 10074? I have seen it on two different systems with two different MS accounts.

Anyone noticed that the whole screen blacks out for an instant when you click the start button? Or is it maybe the nVidia driver?

Anyone noticed that the whole screen blacks out for an instant when you click the start button? Or is it maybe the nVidia driver?

Happens in my Oracle vm. Annoying.

No such thing here but then both of my Win10 systems are using Intel graphics. 

W10 Build 10120 from fbl_impressive just moved to OSG ring. If it'll Pass, Then expect an Insider build this week (or next week). :D

I know, it's a bit hurry to say this. But if a fbl_impressive moved to OSG ring, then most of times it was released to Insiders.

• Like 3

Mixed AMD GPUs in here (Kaveri+290) and Windows Update bombs the driver update process every time if I have both enabled heh.

I would hope they'll have this fixed by launch...who knows.

W10 Build 10120 from fbl_impressive just moved to OSG ring. If it'll Pass, Then expect an Insider build this week (or next week). :D

I know, it's a bit hurry to say this. But if a fbl_impressive moved to OSG ring, then most of times it was released to Insiders.

Thanks for the heads up. Fingers crossed! [emoji14]

Thank you for sharing it with us.

Officially there should be a new build of Windows 10 mobile this week, 10080, if there's no problems with internal testing of it, as for a new desktop build, I don't know, but they're moving faster with desktop now which makes me expect the two versions to RTM out of sync.

If what I expect comes true, then desktop RTM in July and mobile RTM in fall (October or November), then there's that rumored update to the desktop version in the fall, which I now expect to be true.   That fall desktop update will probably be what brings the two OS versions back into sync, on the same build number.

Had it running on a Virtual Machine. For some reason I can no longer run programs. I'm requiered to run everything as administrator.

Going to install it on a new Virtual Machine

it would be nice if they fix it so you can network a MAC computer in home network. nothing works

You can network all MAC computers, MAC is essential for all networking. 

or did you mean Mac perhaps ?  either way, if you mean Home Group and not home Network, then MS can't do anything about that, and why would they. Home group is just an easy way to set up networking for people who don't have a clue, unfortunately they still need a little bit of a clue which means they have to ask they people with a clue, at which point you just disable home group and use username and password network sharing and non password protected sharing. 

It's just easier to make sure everything works that way, and some stuff just won't work if Home Groups.

if you're just talking about Home Networking... umm well Mac's do home networking just fine. 

According to WZOR we're not getting anything until June.

https://twitter.com/WZorNET/status/597828976095141888

• Like 1

I don't think it will be, MS has been pushing more frequent builds quite heavily.

If they're not going to have a new one til June, that's because they're very sure of that build.

• Like 1

I don't think this is true, but WZor is pretty reliable. But if a build is approved by Microsoft's External ring, shouldn't it just be pushed out anyway? They don't know which builds are gonna be approved. I don't know, I just don't wanna accept the wait.

• Like 1