[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 Insider Program

Windows Technical Preview  

1,031 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale of 1-5, 1 being worst, 5 being best. What do you think of Windows 10 from the leaks so far?

• 5.Great, best OS ever
    • 4. Pretty Good, needs a lot of minor tweaks
    • 3. OK, Needs a few major improvements, some minor ones
    • 2. Fine, Needs a lot of major improvements
    • 1.Poor, Needs too many improvements, all hope is lost, never going to use it
  2. 2. Based on the recent leaks by Neowin and Winfuture.de, my next OS upgrade will be?

• Windows 10
    • Windows 8
    • Windows 7
    • Sticking with XP
    • OSX Yosemite
    • Linux
    • Sticking with OSX Mavericks
  3. 3. Should Microsoft give away Windows 10 for free?

• Yes for Windows 8.1 Users
    • Yes for Windows 7 and above users
    • Yes for Vista and above users
    • Yes for XP and above users
    • Yes for all Windows users
    • No

Ugh. I've been waiting for a new build to test a bug. It has been a while, I think I will bring it up here to see if anyone knows about it

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_perf/lockup-entering-text-at-login/b9f8048d-2b23-4f0d-a49f-5adc9d858d82

Still locking up. Can't tell if it is hardware or software, or what is triggering it.

What is wzor, a news site? I wouldn't believe it until Gabe posts it.

Fast and slow rings are different, I expect another build before the end of the month, they'll want to test out and bug hunt as much as possible.  So the newer builds might just give us more polish but no new features starting with whatever 101xx build we get next.

Start Screen/apps really needs to scroll horizontally. Really stupid to have that vertically oriented.

I doubt WZor is right about the next build being for June and that build being the last one before the RTM build goes out. Microsoft mentioned that they will release a new build to Insiders when it is stable enough and they want to prevent another debacle as that what followed after 9926 and before 10041. Now that we're going towards the RTM timeframe, it would be more logical that we get more builds faster after each other as they get more stable every build up. And now is the least acceptable time to stop releasing new builds on a frequent schedual.

I don't think it makes any sense to scroll horizontally. Everything scrolls vertically, web pages, file explorer. Having this duality would make no sense.

Start Screen/apps really needs to scroll horizontally. Really stupid to have that vertically oriented.

Yeah...no. Horizontal scrolling in windows 8 is annoying.

You want that on your tablet os with giant full screen menus and titles then that is fine, I'll never own or even use one. But it just doesn't fit on a desktop os.

Yeah...no. Horizontal scrolling in windows 8 is annoying.

You want that on your tablet os with giant full screen menus and titles then that is fine, I'll never own or even use one. But it just doesn't fit on a desktop os.

exactly, the scrolling drove me nuts on win 8... and no it's not due to "cant adapt to change" it's because it made no sense on a desktop... on a tablet sure, desktop no

They are testing Window transparency now  :D

CE6Ds5FUMAAyohK.jpg

Source:- https://twitter.com/WZorNET/status/598560608775237632

what's up with the widget looking circle?

Must be some custom widget that they were using, not a part of Windows 10 probably

BTW:- Anyone having problems with Realtek HD audio drivers on build 10074? My system went into endless explorer crashes right after I installed the latest Realtek drivers

The Realtek drivers seem fine on my test laptop, clean installed 10074 because of `issues`...

Did you get the drivers from Windows Update or did you use the latest ones available from Realtek's website?

On mu system, the one from Windows update works fine but doesn't give the option to switch between headphones & speakers, the driver from Realtek website doesn't work at all  (All of this happens on a clean install)

Did you get the drivers from Windows Update or did you use the latest ones available from Realtek's website?

Windows update. Driver version 6.0.1.7503

exactly, the scrolling drove me nuts on win 8... and no it's not due to "cant adapt to change" it's because it made no sense on a desktop... on a tablet sure, desktop no

With a start screen, that uses more than two columns of tiles and doesn't waste half the screen space on a regular monitor, and way more on a high res monitor. vertical scrolling doesn't make sense. 

sure with only two columns, vertical works. but with a full with start screen, horizontal makes a lot more sense and is a lot more efficient. 

• Like 3

With a start screen, that uses more than two columns of tiles and doesn't waste half the screen space on a regular monitor, and way more on a high res monitor. vertical scrolling doesn't make sense. 

sure with only two columns, vertical works. but with a full with start screen, horizontal makes a lot more sense and is a lot more efficient. 

doesn't really matter, its all down to how you arrange the icons on the screen.. you can waste space either orientation.. it's just how you arrange your data to make use of that space that makes the difference.

The widget/circle is from Bitdefender AV.

The Realtek drivers seem fine on my test laptop, clean installed 10074 because of `issues`...

On my laptop there was a Dolby enhancer out of the box that was very useful to adjust the built-in sound to much less skewed frequence-wise, but then Realtek released "update" that ruined it all with just one "on/off" button for Dolby and unknown and unadjustable settings that are not tailored for specific laptop. I don't even know what they're updating it for, if old drivers work just fine and provide more settings.