[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 Insider Program

Windows Technical Preview  

1,031 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale of 1-5, 1 being worst, 5 being best. What do you think of Windows 10 from the leaks so far?

• 5.Great, best OS ever
    • 4. Pretty Good, needs a lot of minor tweaks
    • 3. OK, Needs a few major improvements, some minor ones
    • 2. Fine, Needs a lot of major improvements
    • 1.Poor, Needs too many improvements, all hope is lost, never going to use it
  2. 2. Based on the recent leaks by Neowin and Winfuture.de, my next OS upgrade will be?

• Windows 10
    • Windows 8
    • Windows 7
    • Sticking with XP
    • OSX Yosemite
    • Linux
    • Sticking with OSX Mavericks
  3. 3. Should Microsoft give away Windows 10 for free?

• Yes for Windows 8.1 Users
    • Yes for Windows 7 and above users
    • Yes for Vista and above users
    • Yes for XP and above users
    • Yes for all Windows users
    • No

doesn't really matter, its all down to how you arrange the icons on the screen.. you can waste space either orientation.. it's just how you arrange your data to make use of that space that makes the difference.

With the current All Apps implementation, you have no choice but to waste space - it only takes up a couple inches on the left, leaving the rest of your screen unutilized - wasted.

• Like 3

doesn't really matter, its all down to how you arrange the icons on the screen.. you can waste space either orientation.. it's just how you arrange your data to make use of that space that makes the difference.

well I posted this some time ago (funny that they actually added later exact same power, settings and explorer buttons, but in different place):

post-274624-0-04283400-1429920319.jpg

post-274624-0-58028500-1429920331.jpg

Vertical scrolling, lots of used space, adaptive arrangement. In portrait mode it would make sense to condense all apps to one column perhaps, but with sorting and quick letter/category jump.

As for tiles, they are already rearranging themselves perfectly fine depending on the width, so that allows for consistent vertical scrolling without wasting space.

I think it should scroll horizontal in landscape and vertical in portrait.

I think this is what it should do on mobile for sure, as far as on desktop though?  If they can make it an option then fine, personally on my desktop I don't mind if it's vertical as well.

Candy Crush Saga coming to Windows 10

Solitaire. Hearts. Minesweeper. These are games that have been played millions of times over the years in Windows. And they are coming back in Windows 10. If you

They probably are working on that, however, this screenshot is fake.

Yeah, just noticed that this was proven fake a while ago on MDL...don't know why Wzor put it up on their twitter.

Source: Blogging Windows

.. yay?

It might not sound like big news but I'd say it's a good sign, if King is going to bring it's games to Windows 10, as universal games, so phone and tablet/desktop, then it bodes well for other developers with high profile apps/games to do the same.

With the current All Apps implementation, you have no choice but to waste space - it only takes up a couple inches on the left, leaving the rest of your screen unutilized - wasted.

"All Apps" in Windows 10 is my least favorite aspect of the expanded Start menu. I have received no replies though as to whether it will be changed to be like the interface in Windows 8.1, which must be some weird, impolite corporate way of saying "No."

pzEGC.gif

Here's a question that you need to ask yourself - how many of you play Candy Crush Saga?

Any platform.  (Smartphones, tablets, Facebook, etc.)

I'm fifty-three, and I play on Android (BlueStacks) and Facebook.  So do a lot of folks - both younger AND older than me.

If you play at all, why is CCS coming to Windows (the one platform that lacks the game other than in your browser) a bad thing?

Here's a question that you need to ask yourself - how many of you play Candy Crush Saga?

I'm fifty-three, and I play on Android (BlueStacks) and Facebook.  So do a lot of folks - both younger AND older than me.

If you play at all, why is CCS coming to Windows (the one platform that lacks the game other than in your browser) a bad thing?

Sure new apps coming to the Windows platform is a great thing, especially a big name like Candy Crush - but we don't need it automatically installed.

It's just more annoyance for the people that don't want it.

• Like 2

ummm.. 

except. with windows 8/8.1 I COULD use the whole screen for tiles and have 100 shortcuts organized and accessible right there on one screen, easily distinguishable and usable. 

with windows 10, I'm forced to waste 50% of the screen, it's not an "option", it's not something I "can" do. it's something I have to do. because that right half of the screen, I can't put anything there. 

I'm not even talking about all apps. but the tiles. All apps is as you describe even worse.

• Like 2

If only it was an actual game, and not just a lottery.  if it's a game skill should have an impact and allow you to finish all levels. 

but anyway, that's besides the point. people love to waste their time on this lottery "game".  and yeah, I do from time to time as well, but usually grow bored quickly on the "harder" levels when it becomes all about the lottery. 

Windows 10 needs a lot of work, and all they want to do is throw Candy Crush in our faces? Idiots.

• Like 2

I wouldn't consider that "all they want to do"... it is a marketing agreement. I don't think they have 30 developers dropping what they are doing.

Windows 10 needs a lot of work, and all they want to do is throw Candy Crush in our faces? Idiots.

What? Candy Crush? Wasn't that the first app to be bridged? 

I've been waiting for several first party apps to come to Windows, including Instagram and Flickr, and all marketing wants is friggen games?

Sure new apps coming to the Windows platform is a great thing, especially a big name like Candy Crush - but we don't need it automatically installed.

It's just more annoyance for the people that don't want it.

Right click - click Uninstall - problem solved.  I didn't ever need Minesweeper and Solitaire installed automatically in oldwindows, and yet they were.

• Like 2

I've been waiting for several first party apps to come to Windows, including Instagram and Flickr, and all marketing wants is friggen games?

MS doesn't code any of those, so...