[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 Insider Program

Windows Technical Preview  

1,031 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale of 1-5, 1 being worst, 5 being best. What do you think of Windows 10 from the leaks so far?

• 5.Great, best OS ever
    • 4. Pretty Good, needs a lot of minor tweaks
    • 3. OK, Needs a few major improvements, some minor ones
    • 2. Fine, Needs a lot of major improvements
    • 1.Poor, Needs too many improvements, all hope is lost, never going to use it
  2. 2. Based on the recent leaks by Neowin and Winfuture.de, my next OS upgrade will be?

• Windows 10
    • Windows 8
    • Windows 7
    • Sticking with XP
    • OSX Yosemite
    • Linux
    • Sticking with OSX Mavericks
  3. 3. Should Microsoft give away Windows 10 for free?

• Yes for Windows 8.1 Users
    • Yes for Windows 7 and above users
    • Yes for Vista and above users
    • Yes for XP and above users
    • Yes for all Windows users
    • No

just got  this Via Windows Update, 'Feature on demand' that is interesting 

"Lang Pack (Language feature Basic and Handwriting 1505) Feature on Demand for X64 [en-US]"

Even though I don't own neither a tablet nor a Windows Phone, you have my votes, sir.

Yeah, all apps needs major rework. Not sure how anyone inside Microsoft thinks regulating it to a small sliver of real estate is a good idea. You got my votes, but it seems we're fighting an uphill battle. Microsoft is dead set on backtracking Windows 8.1 innovations.  

• Like 3

just got  this Via Windows Update, 'Feature on demand' that is interesting 

"Lang Pack (Language feature Basic and Handwriting 1505) Feature on Demand for X64 [en-US]"

Same for me...quick install and reboot.... :) ....still hoping for new build.....

The surface Pro's are missing drivers and aren't as ready for full win 10 usage as other computers yet. 

Ye, I am currently using it on my laptop, much, much better than on the SP2.

Spartan is currently unusable, especially for background work.

How does one add colour to the title bars? I want them to look a bit colourful like in previous Windows releases.

Seems like build 10122 is the next Insider Preview, it just hit the External ring, might be released later today or tomorrow.

Seems like build 10122 is the next Insider Preview, it just hit the External ring, might be released later today or tomorrow.

Yes!...(does the happy dance)..... :woot:

GabeAul just mentioned on Twitter that they have a great build ready but it has a bug on AMD-devices that cause Microsoft Edge to crash, he asks for opinion wheter or not to release it. 30 in favor, 1 against at this point. So yeah, we're getting a new build today.

Javascript is not enabled or refresh the page to view.

Click here to view the Tweet

GabeAul just mentioned on Twitter that they have a great build ready but it has a bug on AMD-devices that cause Microsoft Edge to crash, he asks for opinion wheter or not to release it. 30 in favor, 1 against at this point. So yeah, we're getting a new build today.

That 1 against is probably the only one with the AMD graphics card who doesn't want to have it crash all the time I bet, other 30 are all NVidia or Intel users.  :p

That 1 against is probably the only one with the AMD graphics card who doesn't want to have it crash all the time I bet, other 30 are all NVidia or Intel users.  :p

Nha, I've got an AMD graphics card and I voted yes. Besides, that's what the fast track is for. Gabe is now telling AMD users to switch to Slow for the time until the bug is fixed, which will appearantly happen through a Windows Update update, so I think it's confirmed that 10122 will be the next build.

Sounds good to me, how long has it been since we got 10074?  2 1/2 weeks?

Sounds good to me, how long has it been since we got 10074?  2 1/2 weeks?

No 3 weeks ! The build 10074 released on April 29th

MSN Weather, Money and News were significantly overhauled. MSN Weather looks especially pretty. :D
Also, People got updated too, and it finally works, doesn't crash anymore!

Edit: The Weather app live tile now has a gradient-ish background and the News's tile color is sort of a light red.

not using spartan anyway until RTM.. so go ahead

What are currently missing that makes you want to wait until RTM to use Spartan/Edge? The build we are ought to get should include password syncing and functional Microsoft Account Passport connectivity, a working new tab page that also has a variation with suggestions, InPrivate browsing, history management. Maybe even more once we get to try out the new build.

Edge crashes like a drunk driver in build 10074. What else is new? The browser is set for failure. :(

Edge crashes like a drunk driver in build 10074. What else is new? The browser is set for failure. :(

Read the tweet closely and you'll see the Edge crash in 10122 only affects those with an AMD GPU. Let's wait and see how it works for the rest of us.. 

Read the tweet closely and you'll see the Edge crash in 10122 only affects those with an AMD GPU. Let's wait and see how it works for the rest of us.. 

I think his point is that it crashes now anyway so what's the difference. 

It does seem to crash and get stuck often for me, but it's not the final build so I'm not going to cast judgement on it. I personally can't live without adblock + some type of sync to my Android phone so I probably will never end up using Edge anyway unless it makes its way to android.

Is it possible for me to install this on another drive that isn't my main Windows 8 drive to dual boot this?

My SSD with 8.1 and apps is a 120 gig SSD ( I am going to upgrade it to a 250 gig one later this summer maybe). 

My SSD has 50 gigs free.  So I'd rather put it on one of the storage drives. 

I think his point is that it crashes now anyway so what's the difference. 

It does seem to crash and get stuck often for me, but it's not the final build so I'm not going to cast judgement on it. I personally can't live without adblock + some type of sync to my Android phone so I probably will never end up using Edge anyway unless it makes its way to android.

And my point is that Edge might have improved in 10122 for the users without an AMD GPU.

Edge in 10074 isn't a bad browser. Rough edges and lack of extensions, sure, but those issues will be fixed over time.

• Like 1

Is it possible for me to install this on another drive that isn't my main Windows 8 drive to dual boot this?

My SSD with 8.1 and apps is a 120 gig SSD ( I am going to upgrade it to a 250 gig one later this summer maybe). 

My SSD has 50 gigs free.  So I'd rather put it on one of the storage drives. 

I think you can. Even if you would have to boot it from your SSD to get to Windows 10 that will reside in your non-primary storage hard drive (at least that's how UEFI booting works to my knowledge). As long as both are GPT if it's UEFI based. What's your exact specifications in this case?

The Backup and Restore feature deprecated in Windows 8 (and removed in Windows 8.1) has apparently been reinstated in Windows 10 build 10123.

One of the few good things they did, along with restoring the VSS related "Previous versions" tab in the properties dialog. 

VSS has saved me so many times. 

On Windows 8.1 I've had to resort to using a tool called WinVerSpoof to trick vssadmin.exe into thinking I was running Windows Server to get the "Create shadow" command, and I had to use a network drive to \\localhost\c$ to use the previous versions tab. 

If this is the same bug that I saw it doesn't just crash Edge on systems with AMD GPUs but all of XAML.

Quite funny really since with XAML not loading because of faulty AMD drivers prevents Windows from even getting to the login screen.