[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 Insider Program

Windows Technical Preview  

1,031 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale of 1-5, 1 being worst, 5 being best. What do you think of Windows 10 from the leaks so far?

• 5.Great, best OS ever
    • 4. Pretty Good, needs a lot of minor tweaks
    • 3. OK, Needs a few major improvements, some minor ones
    • 2. Fine, Needs a lot of major improvements
    • 1.Poor, Needs too many improvements, all hope is lost, never going to use it
  2. 2. Based on the recent leaks by Neowin and Winfuture.de, my next OS upgrade will be?

• Windows 10
    • Windows 8
    • Windows 7
    • Sticking with XP
    • OSX Yosemite
    • Linux
    • Sticking with OSX Mavericks
  3. 3. Should Microsoft give away Windows 10 for free?

• Yes for Windows 8.1 Users
    • Yes for Windows 7 and above users
    • Yes for Vista and above users
    • Yes for XP and above users
    • Yes for all Windows users
    • No

Edge crashes like a drunk driver in build 10074. What else is new? The browser is set for failure. :(

You know very well the OS and Edge itself are far from finished. Didn't Microsoft confirm Edge wouldn't be 100% finished until sometime after Windows 10 goes RTM?

All the crap you gave people who hated Windows 8 (you still do) when they were working on it and now you're acting like that same type of person you gave crap. Do you actually truly know what you want? You realize how much you look like a hypocrite when your hate towards Windows 10 shows? That Start Screen you wanted to marry is still there, she just went and got better looking.

You and everyone else bashing everything Windows 10 need to keep in mind it's STILL BEING WORKED ON and need to calm down and stop acting like everything should be working like it's RTM. Time to grow up and get some freaking patience.

Same thing for MikeM97 there. You expect everything to be RTM quality and have already made it clear how you really feel about Windows 10. You backtracked long enough not to look like you were just out to bash it any chance you got. People bash it and here you are to jump right back into it. Pick a struggle, pal.

<snip>

Just about to post this, as it just popped up on my Twitter feed. (Y)

So far nothing...........(chews nails..........wittles wood..............)

I changed to the 'Fast Ring' just now but it says i may have to wait a day to detect updates after settings change, hopefully it'll come out on the slow ring too soon.

Lets see if the netsh hostednetwork stuff is fixed in this build. It has been broken since Win 8 was released.

EDIT: So far so good, it seems to work when you share an Ethernet internet connection to the virtual wireless network. In 8.1 it was simply dying.

Not sure if you guys have noticed, but it seems that SSL 3.0 is disabled by default in IE. Hopefully, this will drive forward adoption of better security candies.

You know it seems like only yesterday I went back to 8.1 :laugh:

Still planning on skipping this build, if only because I want to wait for the AMD issues to be cleared up.

Not sure if you guys have noticed, but it seems that SSL 3.0 is disabled by default in IE. Hopefully, this will drive forward adoption of better security candies.

I believe it has been for a while actually.  It is in my fresh 8.1 install.

Sigh. HostedNetwork is still a cow poo. It broke after a few minutes of use, and now I cannot get it back to work again. Broken for 3+ years and still no hope of it being fixed. Why is such a useful feature being abandoned. :(

I guess I won't be installing Windows 10 builds until Tablet mode/ Continuum gets improved, for me there is no need otherwise.

Prepare to update your (virtual) machines.

I updated my bare-metal Enterprise partition (the one with the modded version of the NVidia DX12 driver) - which promptly rolled the driver back to 347.25 (which is apparently included with this build, as I never installed it).

UPDATE - a NEW version of 352.86 is available - this version is both a Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Game-Ready driver AND the Windows 10 Insider Preview WHQL driver.  Also, Fermi is officially supported by this driver.

My Insider app acts like there's no Internet connection and/or I didn't join program at all; Windows Update doesn't even detect 10122 :\

Sigh, I see the cow poo where each new Windows build is basically a new complete release of Windows is still happening. Did they learn nothing from the 8 -> 8.1 stuff?

Just wondering if it's an issue on my end. Is anyone getting email notifications from the built-in Mail app? I have them enabled but even with the app open they don't show up and the Mail app tile doesn't show that I've got new emails either. Been like this for many builds now.

What's with the white titlebars in Win32 apps like Chrome, Firefox or Explorer?

Somehow it looks like they released this build in the middle of re-designing the titlebar theme.

Somehow it looks like they released this build in the middle of re-designing the titlebar theme.

Everything has a white titlebar now, seems like they're prepping for the Dark theme.

The previous ones were ugly grey. At least they don't have a graveyard look now. But ye, still needs more work. Needs an option to add colour to them.

People app doesn't seem to include my social networks anymore, was this deliberate? Only reason I used this app! If you go to add account it only seems to be e-mail type accounts which is redundant surely as the mail app is already there??

~

Just wondering if it's an issue on my end. Is anyone getting email notifications from the built-in Mail app? I have them enabled but even with the app open they don't show up and the Mail app tile doesn't show that I've got new emails either. Been like this for many builds now.

You're not the only one with this problem. I never got it to work with the new Mail app, however VERY rarely I did get the new mail notification sound playing. But otherwise, very rarely it have shown live tile updates about it as well. There is however a new update for it to be downloaded and installed, but it's stuck with an error code when I want to update it.