[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 Insider Program

Windows Technical Preview  

1,031 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale of 1-5, 1 being worst, 5 being best. What do you think of Windows 10 from the leaks so far?

• 5.Great, best OS ever
    • 4. Pretty Good, needs a lot of minor tweaks
    • 3. OK, Needs a few major improvements, some minor ones
    • 2. Fine, Needs a lot of major improvements
    • 1.Poor, Needs too many improvements, all hope is lost, never going to use it
  2. 2. Based on the recent leaks by Neowin and Winfuture.de, my next OS upgrade will be?

• Windows 10
    • Windows 8
    • Windows 7
    • Sticking with XP
    • OSX Yosemite
    • Linux
    • Sticking with OSX Mavericks
  3. 3. Should Microsoft give away Windows 10 for free?

• Yes for Windows 8.1 Users
    • Yes for Windows 7 and above users
    • Yes for Vista and above users
    • Yes for XP and above users
    • Yes for all Windows users
    • No

Many WinRT apps seem to be crashing like crazy for me now, including Start and Search. People app does not start at all either.

Windows Insider Hub crashes for me.

Same here. And win32 apps pinned to the start screen look like ######.

Sigh. HostedNetwork is still a cow poo. It broke after a few minutes of use, and now I cannot get it back to work again. Broken for 3+ years and still no hope of it being fixed. Why is such a useful feature being abandoned. :(

My guess is that you've already reported this, haven't you?

Even though I don't own neither a tablet nor a Windows Phone, you have my votes, sir.

Thank you, Jackaluichi. I tried to write how the "All Apps" view also benefits more traditional form factors (e.g., desktop PCs with high-resolution display monitors). I hope to have additional requests up soon for semantic zoom and application target sizes.

I am rather surprised at the lack of attention that the "Boot to 'All Apps'" feature request has received; this was yet another feature provided by the Start screen that was not possible in previous versions Windows.

Yeah, all apps needs major rework. Not sure how anyone inside Microsoft thinks regulating it to a small sliver of real estate is a good idea. You got my votes, but it seems we're fighting an uphill battle. Microsoft is dead set on backtracking Windows 8.1 innovations.  

What is unfortunate is that many do not seem to realize what the interface is capable of.

• Like 3

Yes, Ian, I agree with you on the benefits for an expanded "All Apps" on desktop PCs as well. I was in a hurry when I wrote that message, and moreover I did so from my mobile [emoji14]

My guess is that you've already reported this, haven't you?

Back in Win 8.1, yes. I can't be assed to do it anymore, if they don't care, then I don't care either.

Anyone else's icons all gone fugly in the start menu after upgrade?

Never mind, just read above. Yup, me too

The issue I just reported is when I bring up a device in the device manager on my hp stream 7 and click /tap the update driver button it disappears off the screen,but if I swipe from the left side of the screen I can see it as a running window, but if I tap it the screen goes blank

The issue I just reported is when I bring up a device in the device manager on my hp stream 7 and click /tap the update driver button it disappears off the screen,but if I swipe from the left side of the screen I can see it as a running window, but if I tap it the screen goes blank

That doesn't seem to happen here.

They must be doing some A/B testing, since we all seem to be experiencing some bugs that others aren't.

MSN Sports also got updated once more. It looks and feels the same way as the other two MSN apps that got updated. Which is mundo cool!

Anyone having an issue with the start menu not appearing when you click the button?

Also, Jump Lists are officially working. Both with Win32 and Windows 10 apps, and on the Most Used section currently.

Anyone having an issue with the start menu not appearing when you click the button?

Yip, happened to me after I upgraded,  had to do a full reinstall

Anyone else worried how buggy it still is so close to completion...

People app doesn't seem to include my social networks anymore, was this deliberate? Only reason I used this app! If you go to add account it only seems to be e-mail type accounts which is redundant surely as the mail app is already there??

Seems deliberate to me. If you go to Settings you'll see an option for adding "Social Apps". I guess that means we'll have to wait for updated versions of Twitter and Facebook that include integration with the People app the same way there's integration with the People Hub on Windows Phone 8.1

Yip, happened to me after I upgraded, had to do a full reinstall

Anyone else worried how buggy it still is so close to completion...

I am as well. Makes me wonder whether they'll be able to reach RTM this summer after all.

I think they change how win32 looks like pinned in new start menu:

69l5z7.png

2zpk3up.png

from top:

windows 10 era icons x2

windows 7 era icon

windows vista era icon

windows XP era icon

#consistent

mi0uab.png

placeholder text! but people app work for me after all

and btw, distance between rows in fullscreen start mode is ridiculous - I don't know why they can't make same distance like in start menu w/o fullscreen mode...

Did the windows update route from build 10074 to build 10122 due to a large number of win32/64 programs.....I think I should have taken the extra time and did a clean install. After many hours of cleaning up a mess, I still have major start button problem for program menu. I just installed classic shell and all is good again. Edge will not launch, just flickers once and I DO have the ATI GPU...that I can deal with. Both my HP printers got turfed so I had to reinstall them. Adobe digital editions (epubs) is not working yet Calibre is okay...still minor. Test ran all my win32/64 stuff and it seems the same as build 10074 so far.  Desktop appears stable. Have noticed subtle changes in "settings" app  and font/contrast in object properties(right click)...play time...Cheers

Lots of RT apps not working after this upgrade...  And same ugly Win32 icons in the start menu...

Not a good build in my opinion...

Loving this new build, very stable and the millions of error messages I got when rebooting or shutting down has gone :D

• Like 1

Drop shadow/window border has changed.

Looks much better now. Maybe increase the border by another pixel or two to make it even more obvious?