[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 Insider Program

Windows Technical Preview  

1,031 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale of 1-5, 1 being worst, 5 being best. What do you think of Windows 10 from the leaks so far?

• 5.Great, best OS ever
    • 4. Pretty Good, needs a lot of minor tweaks
    • 3. OK, Needs a few major improvements, some minor ones
    • 2. Fine, Needs a lot of major improvements
    • 1.Poor, Needs too many improvements, all hope is lost, never going to use it
  2. 2. Based on the recent leaks by Neowin and Winfuture.de, my next OS upgrade will be?

• Windows 10
    • Windows 8
    • Windows 7
    • Sticking with XP
    • OSX Yosemite
    • Linux
    • Sticking with OSX Mavericks
  3. 3. Should Microsoft give away Windows 10 for free?

• Yes for Windows 8.1 Users
    • Yes for Windows 7 and above users
    • Yes for Vista and above users
    • Yes for XP and above users
    • Yes for all Windows users
    • No

Anyone with build 10125 able to upload the Imageres.dll?

Installing it in VM.. If none does before that, I will. Let me know through PM.  :D

There's one in system32 and one in syswow64. Should I upload both?

Edit: Done

Imageres.dll from System32

Imageres.dll from Syswow64

Heh. I think they both do the same thing, but I was after the new icon set. :)

Also, this image of the Music app was posted to a Microsoft support site. Looks like there's a great new look for the Music app coming up:

37535364-ad8a-4179-8555-4375ebf59a93.png

• Like 2

- about:flags in Spartan is broken in Windows 10 Build 10125.

I really hope they give us the option of changing titlebar color again in Win32 programs.

I may have to modify the Themes service using OllyDbg to make it parse and follow the registry setting in regard to titlebar color come RTM. Not looking forward to that. Hopefully a third party skin will come out that restores centered text in titlebars and has white text on black background. I cannot stand these bright white titlebars. Its even worse than gray. Why the hell don't they let the user choose the color? 

The Silk Gunmetal theme for Windows 10 is perfect, but has been broken since build 99xx.  I hope the author fixes it for RTM.  Nevermind, it works only on clean install, but works on 10125. 

http://link6155.deviantart.com/art/Silk-for-Windows-10-Technical-Preview-487071428

Heh. I think they both do the same thing, but I was after the new icon set. :)

Also, this image of the Music app was posted to a Microsoft support site. Looks like there's a great new look for the Music app coming up:

37535364-ad8a-4179-8555-4375ebf59a93.png

that's terribly familiar though :)

The fullscreen video in Spartan is welcome but completely useless just now, YouTube will go back to windowed mode if you try to move the slider, it'll go back to an earlier timestamp and even came up with a page error, I know it's not an "authorised" build but I'm hoping it'll play nicer in our next public build.

Windows 10 and text messages will we se it in the next few builds im reading microsoft is not confirming or denying it 

Windows 10 and text messages will we se it in the next few builds im reading microsoft is not confirming or denying it 

Hopefully we can text and send and receive calls through the phone to the desktop/tablet.

there is still GOD MODE it works fine in windows 10 as tested by me just create a folder any were and past this into name it 

GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}

there is still GOD MODE it works fine in windows 10 as tested by me just create a folder any were and past this into name it 

GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}

BTW you can change "GodMode" to anything, it doesn't matter, it's just something someone made up.

• Like 2

Back to 8.1 on the 920. Will try the next build, hopefully it will not be this bad.

I'm kind of convinced I should really wait til July now...either OS.  I probably won't, but...

Terrible UI that wrecks every single cover art.

Terrible UI that wrecks every single cover art.

I don't see cover art there, just artists.

They're just images of the artists, not the cover art itself. 

The point still stands, though. Rounded images lack details present in more traditional square images.

The point still stands, though. Rounded images lack details present in more traditional square images.

True, but probably irrelevant when it comes to photos of artists.

Maybe a bit more of a problem with group acts. 

I had forgotten what a giant sadness the OneNote preview app was on Windows 10. Is there anyway to re-install the superior Windows 8.1 app on Win10 at all?

For some reason the circle outline (for me, at least) seems to work for profile pics, but to use it for pictures of the artists in music app doesn't look right to me. Maybe it's the grid view in general.

The real question here is ... how did they fit Adele into a circle .. ?!?

:rofl:  kidding ; )

• Like 3