[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 Insider Program

Windows Technical Preview  

1,031 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale of 1-5, 1 being worst, 5 being best. What do you think of Windows 10 from the leaks so far?

• 5.Great, best OS ever
    • 4. Pretty Good, needs a lot of minor tweaks
    • 3. OK, Needs a few major improvements, some minor ones
    • 2. Fine, Needs a lot of major improvements
    • 1.Poor, Needs too many improvements, all hope is lost, never going to use it
  2. 2. Based on the recent leaks by Neowin and Winfuture.de, my next OS upgrade will be?

• Windows 10
    • Windows 8
    • Windows 7
    • Sticking with XP
    • OSX Yosemite
    • Linux
    • Sticking with OSX Mavericks
  3. 3. Should Microsoft give away Windows 10 for free?

• Yes for Windows 8.1 Users
    • Yes for Windows 7 and above users
    • Yes for Vista and above users
    • Yes for XP and above users
    • Yes for all Windows users
    • No

Am I the only one that misses full screen browsing?

I really enjoyed the Modern version of IE11 where there is no chrome and you could swipe left and right to go to the next/previous page

Hopefully they reinstate that option once MS Edge is "finished"

No. I am tempted to put 8.1 back on my tablet almost everyday just because of that one thing.
  • Like 3

Is the start menu fixed with Win32 apps?

Anything else you like?

Win32 apps icons look ok now when pinned to the start menu.

From a desktop user's point of view you can tell it's more and more coming together. If they started to tackle inconsistencies like several designs for the Hamburger menu in universal apps now - that'd be great. 

No. I am tempted to put 8.1 back on my tablet almost everyday just because of that one thing.

Same here.

Worried about this upgrade now, it is on its first reboot and it has been stuck on 3% copying files for nearly 10mins!

It hung at that step in my VM as well. Give it a moment; eventually the installation _should_ progress.

Worried about this upgrade now, it is on its first reboot and it has been stuck on 3% copying files for nearly 10mins!

Convert the esd to an iso and do a clean install.

I don't worry about full screen browsing, they haven't yet tweaked the Edge UI for full screen/tablet mode.

Not complaining but didn't they say they didn't like releasing builds on a Friday?

Disk space usage after cleaning up the previous build and installing Skype, Chrome, Firefox and the Office 16 x64 preview:

10130_3.PNG

Disk space usage after cleaning up the previous build and installing Skype, Chrome, Firefox and the Office 16 x64 preview:

With all the cool pie charts in Excel, you would have thought they'd do better on this dialogue box.

• Like 1

With all the cool pie charts in Excel, you would have thought they'd do better on this dialogue box.

It's one of the many Win32 leftovers that will likely never get redesigned and updated.

It's one of the many Win32 leftovers that will likely never get redesigned and updated.

I expect it to get fixed in whatever future release of Window gets a modern Explorer. I think it's one if the things we'll see in Redstone.

Not complaining but didn't they say they didn't like releasing builds on a Friday?

Yes - however, this is the third (of the last four) to release on a Friday.  Further, as I posted in the news article comments, I basically got ambushed by this build coming down the pike - the other three Friday postings were pretty darn similar.  (As opposed to Update Tuesdays, are we now to expect Ambush Fridays at the end of each month until signoff?

• Like 1

Music has a fresh new look:

attachicon.gifScreenshot (85).png

Moden UI has become a clutter of bars, UI controls, 50 shades of grey, and hamburgers.

• Like 2

on my tablet 30 is a mess currently.

- the keyboard doesn't open when i click the edge adress bar

- no settings in start screen/menu ?

- notifcation center doest open, not on swipe not on systray click...

also the keyboard still doesn't work as good as it did in the 9xxx releases. it used to resize apps(i mean all apps not just modern, but it doesn't work on anything anymore so...) so that when i wrote a comment like this in chrome or edge or whatever, I could always see the text box, now the keyboard pops up on top of the app and thus the text input box, so I have to detach and move the keyboard around....

oh, NC decided to work, ad I'm still writing this blind, behind the touch keyboard.

Music has a fresh new look:

attachicon.gifScreenshot (85).png

minimized left menu mode so it doesn't loom completely like spotify :

I'm getting this error message after clean installing build 10130 when I'm going to restart/shut down my PC:

XdH2OW8.jpg

Is anyone else getting this one? It doesn't seem a big deal, though, I just click OK and the process goes on.

Cheers!

I'm getting this error message after clean installing build 10130 when I'm going to restart/shut down my PC:

<snip>

Is anyone else getting this one? It doesn't seem a big deal, though, I just click OK and the process goes on.

Cheers!

Yep im getting it too.

XdH2OW8.jpg

Cheers!

yeah, I'm getting it too

Anyone else having issues with start menu jump lists ? explorer jump lists seems to be slow or temperamental to come up. But more important and annoyingly. they change the taskbar so you don't get jumplists when you left click and hold/drag up anymore(for now at least). This is really annoying as it makes it more complicated to open multiple file explorer windows. 

You also get a different right click menu on the taskbar in tablet mode now so you can't get into taskbar settings, this is probably ok as they'll probably implement all the settings needed for tablet mode into the new right click/long click menu. 

Msft should take some inspiration from this icon set, much better IMO:

original.jpg?w=800&h

• Like 3