[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 Insider Program

Windows Technical Preview  

1,031 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale of 1-5, 1 being worst, 5 being best. What do you think of Windows 10 from the leaks so far?

• 5.Great, best OS ever
    • 4. Pretty Good, needs a lot of minor tweaks
    • 3. OK, Needs a few major improvements, some minor ones
    • 2. Fine, Needs a lot of major improvements
    • 1.Poor, Needs too many improvements, all hope is lost, never going to use it
  2. 2. Based on the recent leaks by Neowin and Winfuture.de, my next OS upgrade will be?

• Windows 10
    • Windows 8
    • Windows 7
    • Sticking with XP
    • OSX Yosemite
    • Linux
    • Sticking with OSX Mavericks
  3. 3. Should Microsoft give away Windows 10 for free?

• Yes for Windows 8.1 Users
    • Yes for Windows 7 and above users
    • Yes for Vista and above users
    • Yes for XP and above users
    • Yes for all Windows users
    • No

Now this is a weird bug.  No matter what, the sound refuses to go through my sound card to my main speakers.  Even when configured to be the default device the sounds will only go to my TV or headphones.  If I disable those devices I still get no sound!  Really obnoxious bug to have in this build lol.

Yeah the sound has been an issue for me for a while now.  I went from selecting 7.1 and disabling the side speakers to get my 5.1, then I was only able to select stereo on a later build, and now I can't hear any audio from my speakers nor can I select my speaker setup.  I have to use the speakers on my TV for the time being. 

Did the update from build 10122  to build 10130 and had the 3% problem for 45 minutes, let it run and 3 and a half hours later, I'm up and running. Only had an issue with audio driver upgrade that failed, which was good because my audio is great with my drivers. Glitch on Defender update but I don't use it anyway. But overall, I am "Extremely" happy, this puppy is running great and looks wicked. No problems with any Win32/64 major programs and Visual Studio is OK. Taskbar, Start menu, jump lists, "Spartan", all working for my "AMD".....I am fortunate this time...time to play.... :woot:

I lost DX12 from upgrading from build 10122 to build 10130.

[Nvidia Titan X btw, using drivers 352.84]

Did anyone elses Chrome stop working for them with this build?  Even nuked all my local userdata to reset Chrome and I still can't do anything in it (not even settings page loads).

Yeah the sound has been an issue for me for a while now.  I went from selecting 7.1 and disabling the side speakers to get my 5.1, then I was only able to select stereo on a later build, and now I can't hear any audio from my speakers nor can I select my speaker setup.  I have to use the speakers on my TV for the time being. 

Ah-ha, got a temp fix by switching it to 16-bit audio instead of 24-bit audio for the time being. :)

• Like 2

Ah-ha, got a temp fix by switching it to 16-bit audio instead of 24-bit audio for the time being. :)

Hey man thanks for the tip. :)  It's still not perfect but at least I have sound out of my speakers again.

I switched to Linux completely because of Windows 10. Sigh.

So,you came back to my words...

Hah,I love when people choose to do what I said I will,but not receiving the drawbacks I did.

Good choice though.

Not complaining but didn't they say they didn't like releasing builds on a Friday?

It's like corporations releasing quarterly reports on Friday afternoons to avoid bad press.  :rofl:

I'm getting this error message after clean installing build 10130 when I'm going to restart/shut down my PC:

Is anyone else getting this one? It doesn't seem a big deal, though, I just click OK and the process goes on.

Cheers!

Can't tell about error code number but I've got some as well

Plus, it seems that Windows doesn't maintain migration from build to build very well - system is getting unresponsive again as it was when I was upgrading to 10122 from 10074 which was previously 9926; launching an app freezes Start menu button, taskbar, apps aren't mostly opening at all, something is eating resources all the time.

I'm getting this error message after clean installing build 10130 when I'm going to restart/shut down my PC:

XdH2OW8.jpg

Is anyone else getting this one? It doesn't seem a big deal, though, I just click OK and the process goes on.

Cheers!

Yes i also get this when shutting down, i upgraded from 122 to 130.

Glad i am not the only 1.

On build 10122 i was able to set an account 4 digit pin number and log in with that rather than a password, but in 10130 there doesn't seem to be an option to enter a 4 digit pin below the password box on the sign in screen, has anyone else got this issue?

Msft should take some inspiration from this icon set, much better IMO:

original.jpg?w=800&h

I am glad they don't look like that, in my opinion they look too pastel.

*sigh* I see the tile spacing bug still hasn't been fixed in this build. :/

This is by far the worst build for me so far i just can't do anything with regard to my user account.

1. Explorer.exe error when closing down.
2. Can't login with a 4 digit pin.
3. Can't delete my old 4 digit pin.
4. If i try option 3 from the old control panel i get a window popup asking me to re enter my password, and i do and it keeps asking me to re enter the bloody thing over and over again.
5. I wanted to verify my account on this pc and the above happens!

Tile spacing seems to be working fine for me.

post-11693-0-08725000-1432990587.png

I'm having the same problem (IDT High Definition).  Where do you go to change the bit rate?

Edit:  Never mind, found it.  Thanks for the tip, though!  It's working again. :D

Security fixes? I'd rather a new build.

But they didn't have a new build ready. I'd rather security holes be fixed in the current one since the fixes will be fed upstream and preview users won't be vulnerable.

Spacing is fine here too. Now just let me set to boot to Start Screen and i'll be happy.

I keep getting the same memory error that Snoopz posted. Also when i log on there's  "Other User" account that i can't get rid off. I tried going to settings but there's no such account over there. It's a login bug i think.

No major issues yet. But i'll not be installing on my house PC, i'll leave it to the laptop, i barely use it anyway.

Tile spacing seems to be working fine for me.

Is there a way to reset the spacing? I'm still getting a single column of tiles on my Start Screen.