[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 Insider Program

Windows Technical Preview  

1,031 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale of 1-5, 1 being worst, 5 being best. What do you think of Windows 10 from the leaks so far?

• 5.Great, best OS ever
    • 4. Pretty Good, needs a lot of minor tweaks
    • 3. OK, Needs a few major improvements, some minor ones
    • 2. Fine, Needs a lot of major improvements
    • 1.Poor, Needs too many improvements, all hope is lost, never going to use it
  2. 2. Based on the recent leaks by Neowin and Winfuture.de, my next OS upgrade will be?

• Windows 10
    • Windows 8
    • Windows 7
    • Sticking with XP
    • OSX Yosemite
    • Linux
    • Sticking with OSX Mavericks
  3. 3. Should Microsoft give away Windows 10 for free?

• Yes for Windows 8.1 Users
    • Yes for Windows 7 and above users
    • Yes for Vista and above users
    • Yes for XP and above users
    • Yes for all Windows users
    • No

Start Menu and Cortana won't do anyting for me in this build

When I just installed it everything seemed to be fine, but after a reboot both don't work anymore.

Not with mouse, KB or touch.

Anybody got a solution for this so far?

Don't worry, I'll wager the 3D tile animation removal is only temporary as they are ironing out other bugs. ;)  Can anyone pin items to Start?  Now I can only drag and drop them.  I'm not sure if I like the alphabet zoom more in start or People...

I agree, I'd like to see window chrome linked to the taskbar setting.  The white is just too much.

Every windows 1o build failed to upgrade.  i have to manually get an ISO and do an install that way.

Any ISO for this new build? Microsft still has the April one up.

So, I found out why my Start screen/menu wasn't working anymore.

I changed some settings of the start menu so it wouldn't show me the most used apps and turned of the recently added apps group

Now that I turned them back on Start works as before

Don't worry, I'll wager the 3D tile animation removal is only temporary as they are ironing out other bugs. ;)  Can anyone pin items to Start?  Now I can only drag and drop them.  I'm not sure if I like the alphabet zoom more in start or People...

I agree, I'd like to see window chrome linked to the taskbar setting.  The white is just too much.

Oh, I'm not worrying, I'm celebrating I H_A_T_E the 3d animation.

Am I the only person on the planet who is driven NUTS by the "thinking" icon when Windows loads or processes anything... where the dots make a loop, go for another loop... but disappear down in an invisible loop, then back up to repeat. It is the most minor thing (probably more minor than the recycle bin icon!), but I hate it.

Well the new icons are a lot less vomit inducing than the last ones, but it still hasn't sold me on the flat, ugly UI fad. I'll probably be waiting on the Windows 10 upgrade until some UI mods come out.

Windows still doesn't render folder shortcuts properly for me...

I am surprised, as build 10130 fixed that problem, atleast you're the only person reporting it still not working.

Windows still doesn't render folder shortcuts properly for me...

start.png

From that screen shot you're not on build 10130 as the file explore icon is the old 1.

I have three columns at 768 and four at 1080.  I still have 4 tiles across though, but you show 3?

I'm still having general issues with Modern apps and Start painting in correctly, lots of system activity at the time so not sure if its an AMD thing or something else.  AMD driver still crashes like crazy with either browser open.  New jump lists look good, but same issue there at times.

Still thinking the left edge swipe should trigger the hamburger since they went with a collapsing behavior and move the app picker edge to the top or bottom. 

3 columns on the start screen on 768 ?

are you sure about that ? the size of my tiles I don't think I could fit 3 columns even if they removed the left and right side padding and the spacing inbetween . 

Me people app is broken again, for me, was broken on last build as well and I just didn't care about fixing it, I did it once on the first build that broke all 3 apps, but I don't really use people and I don't feel like doing all that crap. 

From that screen shot you're not on build 10130 as the file explore icon is the old 1.

file explorer and settings on the left side as well. They're gone from there. 

Yea, grabbed that before updating (it is taking a while), so if it is fixed... yay. But I've pointed it out on several other builds as well.

So has anybody found out why some users have 3 tiles in a row and some have four?

you mean per columns or amount of columns ? I haven't seen anyone with 3 tile wide columns though

I have this installed on our laptop that we dont use too much.  8 gig ram on an I3.  

When logged into windows using my @outlook account it seems to run so much slower.  When I use the local account, it runs much faster, it's been like this for the past three builds. 

Also,  what's the deal with the start? I don't need that much space!  I made everything smaller,  can't drag it smaller either.  Just seems like a waste.   

mofVWub.png

• Like 2

So while trying to reply to the below post MS Edge did this to me:

post-408106-0-20935200-1433020814.png

Can't create a sign in pin, virtual keyboard won't appear on the tablet.

I have ran every version of Windows 10 TP, in a VM, and haven't been able to either add/edit/remove a PIN successfully

Hope this is fixed by RTM :)

So the beta Store is telling me i have an update for an app called PlayReady Blue.

When i check my All Apps i have no such App installed, if I search the Store i get no results?!?

Anybody else get this App Update?

Found that if my monitor isn't turned on when i boot my computer, then i need to restart my computer to get a image. 

you mean per columns or amount of columns ? I haven't seen anyone with 3 tile wide columns though

3 tiles per column.

So the beta Store is telling me i have an update for an app called PlayReady Blue.

When i check my All Apps i have no such App installed, if I search the Store i get no results?!?

Anybody else get this App Update?

I am not sure if it was the same, but one of mine "apps" had a Vista-style icon and it looked like the old DirectPlay DRM stuff.