[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 Insider Program

Windows Technical Preview  

1,031 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale of 1-5, 1 being worst, 5 being best. What do you think of Windows 10 from the leaks so far?

• 5.Great, best OS ever
    • 4. Pretty Good, needs a lot of minor tweaks
    • 3. OK, Needs a few major improvements, some minor ones
    • 2. Fine, Needs a lot of major improvements
    • 1.Poor, Needs too many improvements, all hope is lost, never going to use it
  2. 2. Based on the recent leaks by Neowin and Winfuture.de, my next OS upgrade will be?

• Windows 10
    • Windows 8
    • Windows 7
    • Sticking with XP
    • OSX Yosemite
    • Linux
    • Sticking with OSX Mavericks
  3. 3. Should Microsoft give away Windows 10 for free?

• Yes for Windows 8.1 Users
    • Yes for Windows 7 and above users
    • Yes for Vista and above users
    • Yes for XP and above users
    • Yes for all Windows users
    • No

Qwindows-10-word-95.jpg

New carat icon (^) in the system tray (right of battery indicator) and new Files icon

Just to show it's possible to run 20 some year old software on Windows 10, which says a lot about MS and it's software.

I agree, but I shouldn't have been forced to do a search to find a program quickly. That it was necessary proves the UI was not optimal.

Because folks would rather search by eyeball (as opposed to using the keyboard shortcuts baked into the All Apps screen/StartScreen)?  From AllApps/StartScreen, type the first letter of the application you are looking for - you SHOULD go right to that category (both AllApps and the StartScreen use a straight numeric, then alpha ordering sort).  Most folks stick with what they know - for the Start menu fans that don't reorder the menu, it's an eyeball search.  For the StartScreen, you could leverage the initial and ongoing ordering via keyboard shortcuts.  That was why pointing-device-driven users by and large loathed the StartScreen - it actually dared to be keyboard-driven.  For me (with 10130) it bring up a peeve - has anyone noticed that it takes more mouse-clicks to get a reaction?  (It's all browsers - not just IE or Edge.)  And I found a workaround for my audio issue - I swapped out my GTX550Ti and put in my Visiontek HD5450 iSilence (and installed the current drivers - AMD Catalyst Omega 14.12).  It's either the sound card drivers or there's another change in the audio stack - the issue is ONLY in 10130 (and it's both Pro and Enterprise; it isn't only one).  The GTX550Ti doesn't have a full-size HDMI port - the AMD GPU does.

Is there a way I can put the two tiles on the right closer to the ones on the left, without such a large gap in between? Everytime I try, it wants to put the right tiles inline with the left tiles, making a larger column.

I'm on Build 10130, all the latest updates installed.

post-119000-0-86223600-1433447905.png

Qwindows-10-word-95.jpg

New carat icon (^) in the system tray (right of battery indicator) and new Files icon

Are you using Windowblinds to get that window appearance?

Are you using Windowblinds to get that window appearance?

Isn't that how Win9x programs look in compatibility mode?

Is the ability to set the taskbar opaque new in 10130? I just noticed it, and I'm very glad it's there. It was a brain-dead decision on Microsoft's part to not allow the choice in Win8 (unless you ran Aero Lite). Also like that it's combined with the ability to have a separate taskbar/Start menu and accent color (if you don't want the colors auto-generated from the wallpaper). However, seems the "default" color is black... Is there a way to change it to something else?

Is the ability to set the taskbar opaque new in 10130? I just noticed it, and I'm very glad it's there. It was a brain-dead decision on Microsoft's part to not allow the choice in Win8 (unless you ran Aero Lite). Also like that it's combined with the ability to have a separate taskbar/Start menu and accent color (if you don't want the colors auto-generated from the wallpaper). However, seems the "default" color is black... Is there a way to change it to something else?

No, ability to set the taskbar opaque is available since ages.  :)  Not quite sure, which build.

Yea I wouldn't hold out much hope for anything big at this point.  There will probably be a few UI tweaks and bug fixes from here until RTM.

Just to show it's possible to run 20 some year old software on Windows 10, which says a lot about MS and it's software.

Shouldn't be there ''its''?

How much will Cortana say in the latest build?

Having Skype preinstalled makes one less software that has to be installed for some, but one more to be uninstalled for others.

Oh well, the Modern Skype was removed from getting preinstalled a few builds back, was hoping it'd be swapped for a Windows 10 one, however that might just come in later when the Messaging functionality is complete later this year.

Still, it's a good compromise for now, since the modern one is less than reliable now, plus it was only preinstalled since Windows 8.1, before it had the Messaging app taking its place.

Shouldn't be there ''its''?

How much will Cortana say in the latest build?

You're right, but if I were you I wouldn't try correcting others grammar when you can't speak/type it very well yourself, buddy. Comes off trollish IMHO. You have made it clear English isn't your first language and can't speak/type it well. Yet you're trying to correct others who make small mistakes? Doesn't make sense.

How would anyone know how much Cortana will say in the latest build? You really want to know exactly how much she will be saying? Makes no sense to me.

Because folks would rather search by eyeball (as opposed to using the keyboard shortcuts baked into the All Apps screen/StartScreen)?  From AllApps/StartScreen, type the first letter of the application you are looking for - you SHOULD go right to that category (both AllApps and the StartScreen use a straight numeric, then alpha ordering sort).  Most folks stick with what they know - for the Start menu fans that don't reorder the menu, it's an eyeball search.  For the StartScreen, you could leverage the initial and ongoing ordering via keyboard shortcuts.  That was why pointing-device-driven users by and large loathed the StartScreen - it actually dared to be keyboard-driven.  For me (with 10130) it bring up a peeve - has anyone noticed that it takes more mouse-clicks to get a reaction?  (It's all browsers - not just IE or Edge.)  And I found a workaround for my audio issue - I swapped out my GTX550Ti and put in my Visiontek HD5450 iSilence (and installed the current drivers - AMD Catalyst Omega 14.12).  It's either the sound card drivers or there's another change in the audio stack - the issue is ONLY in 10130 (and it's both Pro and Enterprise; it isn't only one).  The GTX550Ti doesn't have a full-size HDMI port - the AMD GPU does.

One of the reasons I prefer the Screen/fullscreen All Apps is that it makes "search by eyeball" considerably easier and faster - no need to click stuff open and wait for the system to respond to see what's in the submenu. Less scrolling than the 10 version. The classic Menu and 10's FrankenStart are both so confining.

You're right, but if I were you I wouldn't try correcting others grammar when you can't speak/type it very well yourself, buddy. Comes off trollish IMHO. You have made it clear English isn't your first language and can't speak/type it well. Yet you're trying to correct others who make small mistakes? Doesn't make sense.

How would anyone know how much Cortana will say in the latest build? You really want to know exactly how much she will be saying? Makes no sense to me.

First of all,it says helping yourself is moreover helping the others,as much as you can.

Secondly,how much do you think I do listen to your critics?

As I said,I've been waiting for you in private to prove me where and how I did these ''mistakes''.

Many long days after,nothing came out.

You're once again what I firstly thought you are,a hater and nothing more.

Yes,Cortana is supposed to be a personal assistant,I wanna know how much can something like this help me,as far as I can't see any other big reason for the upgrade.