[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 Insider Program

Windows Technical Preview  

1,031 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale of 1-5, 1 being worst, 5 being best. What do you think of Windows 10 from the leaks so far?

• 5.Great, best OS ever
    • 4. Pretty Good, needs a lot of minor tweaks
    • 3. OK, Needs a few major improvements, some minor ones
    • 2. Fine, Needs a lot of major improvements
    • 1.Poor, Needs too many improvements, all hope is lost, never going to use it
  2. 2. Based on the recent leaks by Neowin and Winfuture.de, my next OS upgrade will be?

• Windows 10
    • Windows 8
    • Windows 7
    • Sticking with XP
    • OSX Yosemite
    • Linux
    • Sticking with OSX Mavericks
  3. 3. Should Microsoft give away Windows 10 for free?

• Yes for Windows 8.1 Users
    • Yes for Windows 7 and above users
    • Yes for Vista and above users
    • Yes for XP and above users
    • Yes for all Windows users
    • No

Wzor posted screenshots & changelog of 10035 from winmain_prs. Nothing much new.  :rolleyes:

Change Log: http://wzor.net/41676.html

Screenshots: http://wzor.net/41870.html

http://

I guess Wzor have leaked one thing too many, they appear to have made it on to the default Criminal Activity blacklist on Sophos.

xds7yo.jpg

Guessing i didn't miss much.

They're not going to update the icons in the control panel, reason being, the whole control panel will be gone in time, why bother to update it?

Right now, the most used and needed settings are found in the new settings app, and they're going to keep adding in more and more till only some older OEM specific hardware things will fall back to the control panel for legacy support, but that will change at some point.

I'd say 70%-80% of the settings are in the new Settings app, that number will grow again with the next update, Redstone, in 2016.

Looks like build 10134 has leaked, I haven't seen it out yet but I haven't looked hard for it.

Given how wonky the last two builds have been for me, I'm really surprised they are taking it to the slow ring.

Anyone have a fix for the mail/calendar/pictures apps? (Crash on startup)

Microsoft must "leak" those on purpose. I find it hard to believe that a MS employee is going to take code and upload it somewhere.

Microsoft must "leak" those on purpose. I find it hard to believe that a MS employee is going to take code and upload it somewhere.

Its not the code they are leaking. Its a pre compiled build. If they took and leaked any code there would be a criminal investigation.

Anyone get it installed yet?  I managed to find the x64 version, but I'm waiting for x86 since this is going on a VM.

Anyone get it installed yet?  I managed to find the x64 version, but I'm waiting for x86 since this is going on a VM.

yes.. and apparently you cannot change update settings...i may be wrong

Given how wonky the last two builds have been for me, I'm really surprised they are taking it to the slow ring.

Anyone have a fix for the mail/calendar/pictures apps? (Crash on startup)

I have no problems with mail/calendar/pictures app...

Maybe your installation is screwed? Try to reset.

Mail/Cal/Pics works on a Local account (same PC), and it works till the first reboot after a reset with a Live account, then just crashes at launch thereafter.

10134 is giving me a weird behaviour, my usb hub apparently isn't handling the same devices that have been perfectly fine in previous builds, don't really want to report them in feedback though, cos...well....I'm not supposed to be on it :p

Why does MSR specific partition space requirements vary between builds:

Build before that - 100  MB reserved

Build 10130 - 128 MB reserved

Build 10134 - 16 MB reserved

Just installed 10130 from the MS ISO.

Main issue is the Start Screen/Menu, it just doesn't show up sometimes, i have to keep pressing the button -_-, and arranging the blocks still kinda laggy.

Now i just need the windows to take the same color as the UI. Firefox tabs in white are awful.

Keep the tweaks and UI improvements coming MS. :)

and

Any new support improvements you've noticed?  Better scores at all etc?

I can't find a thing in Edge that is new when it comes to standards. It appears they are mainly working on features instead of support right now. Which is a good thing, it already is a capable browser it just needs more of the basic features (including the new home button and the new import options). On the other hand, they still have a couple of things that are currently listed as "In development" (http://dev.modern.ie/platform/status/?filter=f040000bf), these could make it in future updates.

That sounds fine with me, post RTM updates to add more standards support is expected anyways.

Now with the home button and importing out of the way it looks like some more updates to the bookmarks section are needed.  I don't know what else after that.

2hx249h.png

Just noticed a new camera roll library, I did not create this.

Control panel no longer has family safety:

2qkowop.png

• Action Center is now Security and Maintenance
  • Security and Maintenance Settings have removed Customer Improvement Program settings, problem reporting settings, and windows update settings under related settings area

The biggest problem with control panel is there are settings for SETTINGS!:

2005g0g.png

• Like 1

The old Action Center control panel settings should be on the way out soon, replaced by the new action center settings and so on.  We don't need the old one anymore.

The old Action Center control panel settings should be on the way out soon, replaced by the new action center settings and so on.  We don't need the old one anymore.

I just went through each category for Control Panel and compared it to Control Panel and Settings in Windows 10, and I can tell you they only have about half of it converted to Settings. Control Panel is a massive (extremely massive) mess. What did the do if someone had a problem? They added a control panel applet then a setting and a toggle in a dialog onto another windows to amend that applet. It's horrible and why they did not tackle Control Panel earlier. There are so many random settings and dialogs here and there.

Worse Ease of Access Center can be found in 3 different places all leading to the generally same applet. How is that easy? I'd say it is worse then the others. The two biggest categories, though, are System and Security and Appearance and Personalization! Take a look yourself :). There are File Explorer Settings, Notification Area settings change date and time dialogs, the taskbar properties. Fonts, Font Settings, Character Sizes, Character Map, Cleartype tuner, PC name, Pc info. Just to name a few....

What about credential manager? Yep. System and Environmental Variables? It's there. Configuring advanced user profile properties? There too.

For example how do you adjust the virtual memory? 

Control Panel >> System and Security >> System >> Advanced System settings>> Advanced Tab>> Performance section >> Settings... button>> Performance Options Dialog >> Advanced Tab (AGAIN!) >> Virtual Memory section >> Change... button >> You're there.

It's a messy web of settings, dialogs, and properties. It'll take forever to convert it to Settings. It seems like your running an entire Star Ship from there.

• Like 1

None in this build but previous few one got another WebGL extension support.

I had the weirdest thing happen to me with the clean install of this latest version. WHen I upgraded from build 10122 last time, Maps got a new icon, Calculator got a new icon, Video was rebranded Movies & TV and got a new icon. But now that I clean installed, all of that is gone.

EDIT: Turns out these are just updates on the Windows Store. I had checked earlier and nothing happened, but they're here now.

New Music icon is awful. It's not easily recognizable. I think it's supposed to be a CD with a 'Play' triangle on top, but I'm not sure? Eitherway, using a CD is extreamly dated.

• Like 2

posted this in the news about 10130 build but here would be a better place

I have installed the 10130 in Vmware Player and installed Vmware tools. everything seems to be ok for now. but just for testing I enabled tablet mode and wanted to download and install firefox this went ahead with out an issue until it came to trying to pin the icon to the startscreen and trying to run the app. The OS tried to dump out to the desktop and back again and I was unable to access the new browser, I had to Alt-Tab inorder to select it and then it would run

Are MS going to totaly block access to the desktop in the final build for devices that are able to access it during tablet mode or will it only be for tablet devices that are of 7" or smaller?

Do you think it would be a good idea it apps that were developed to run on the likes of xp/7/8 to get wrapped up on a "modern" sandboxed window so they can be run on < 7" devices?