[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 Insider Program

Windows Technical Preview  

1,031 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale of 1-5, 1 being worst, 5 being best. What do you think of Windows 10 from the leaks so far?

• 5.Great, best OS ever
    • 4. Pretty Good, needs a lot of minor tweaks
    • 3. OK, Needs a few major improvements, some minor ones
    • 2. Fine, Needs a lot of major improvements
    • 1.Poor, Needs too many improvements, all hope is lost, never going to use it
  2. 2. Based on the recent leaks by Neowin and Winfuture.de, my next OS upgrade will be?

• Windows 10
    • Windows 8
    • Windows 7
    • Sticking with XP
    • OSX Yosemite
    • Linux
    • Sticking with OSX Mavericks
  3. 3. Should Microsoft give away Windows 10 for free?

• Yes for Windows 8.1 Users
    • Yes for Windows 7 and above users
    • Yes for Vista and above users
    • Yes for XP and above users
    • Yes for all Windows users
    • No

New Music icon is awful. It's not easily recognizable. I think it's supposed to be a CD with a 'Play' triangle on top, but I'm not sure? Eitherway, using a CD is extreamly dated.

I prefer the old icon as well. Weird change.

Indeed, the old icons for Music, Video (Movies and TV), Calculator and Maps where much more recognizable. The new name "Movies and TV" doesn't give the intention it is capable of playing videos.

New Music icon is awful. It's not easily recognizable. I think it's supposed to be a CD with a 'Play' triangle on top, but I'm not sure? Eitherway, using a CD is extreamly dated.

The Film and TV one is worse, the icon for the files is white and the background of windows explorer is white......uhm...wha?

I liked the new Maps icon. but all the others are indeed pretty weird. Calculator looks particularly ugly to me.

2hx249h.png

Just noticed a new camera roll library, I did not create this.

Camera roll has been around... it was located in the Pictures folder then they moved CR out of Pictures folder into Library list in the latest build.

• Like 1

Uh, except Microsoft can't force people to uninstall XP, while the Control Panel is under their control.

What is Windows 10 like so far on high-dpi displays? Windows 8.1 was a hopeless disaster so I'm hoping that things have been sorted out in Windows 10.*

* Not talking about third party software but the base operating system and bundled applications.

Just like XP was supposed to be "gone in time".

XP is almost gone, it'll drop under Windows 8.1s market share by August and keep dropping.

XP is almost gone, it'll drop under Windows 8.1s market share by August and keep dropping.

14 years after I first started using it... 

If that's the timetable you have in mind, I guess it's possible that the Control Panel will be gone by 2030 ;) Unfortunately I'm sure it'll live alongside Settings for a long long time.

Does the Xbox Game DVR require Gold to record? I get a 'Can't record now, try again later.' message whenever I attempt it.

14 years after I first started using it... 

If that's the timetable you have in mind, I guess it's possible that the Control Panel will be gone by 2030 ;) Unfortunately I'm sure it'll live alongside Settings for a long long time.

I doubt it.

You're right, but if I were you I wouldn't try correcting others grammar when you can't speak/type it very well yourself, buddy. Comes off trollish IMHO. You have made it clear English isn't your first language and can't speak/type it well. Yet you're trying to correct others who make small mistakes? Doesn't make sense.

How would anyone know how much Cortana will say in the latest build? You really want to know exactly how much she will be saying? Makes no sense to me.

Hey, he's learning. Teaching is the best learning experience.

Camera roll has been around... it was located in the Pictures folder then they moved CR out of Pictures folder into Library list in the latest build.

Oh I know its been around (I have many Windows 8.1 machines). That's why I said LIBRARY!

Oh I know its been around (I have many Windows 8.1 machines). That's why I said LIBRARY!

You said new...  it's not new.. MS moved stuff around.

You said new...  it's not new.. MS moved stuff around.

The library is new, the folder isn't. Plus its still in the pictures library and pictures folder and if you open the library's settings, you can see where the library is getting the folder from. ;)

I agree, horrible

For those of you wondering what it looks like:

10134-start.jpg

The library is new, the folder isn't. Plus its still in the pictures library and pictures folder and if you open the library's settings, you can see where the library is getting the folder from. ;)

No, it's not new..  Library was in 8.1 and older version windows....

Like I said MS moved stuff around...  (such as remove, add, move, etc)

No, it's not new..  Library was in 8.1 and older version windows....

Like I said MS moved stuff around...  (such as remove, add, move, etc)

What ians18 means is the library highlighted in the screenshot:

post-1302-0-49754800-1433612506.png

And yes, that is new and was not part of Windows 8.1 or older. Nor of previous Windows 10 builds.

Frank, Camera Roll is part of OneDrive...    It's not new!

It was never added as a Library before. I know it's not new as folder, it is new as a Library. Good grief, don't be so stubborn.

• Like 2

At first, this comment caught me off guard, as it wasn't too long ago that Win 8.x was single digits,...just rechecked, and you are right. Win 8.x has taken off, only a few points under XP.....

http://www.netmarketshare.com/operating-system-market-share.aspx?qprid=10&qpcustomd=0

Does the Xbox Game DVR require Gold to record? I get a 'Can't record now, try again later.' message whenever I attempt it.

No, as far as I know nothing on PC requires a gold subscription.

It was never added as a Library before. I know it's not new as folder, it is new as a Library. Good grief, don't be so stubborn.

You don't get it.... Camera Roll is linked to Library....   Like I said MS moved stuff around... 

New means new features...    Camera Roll is not new, Library is not new....   that's simple.

If you get 'Vault' in the library, then that's new.  Understand what I meant?

You don't get it.... Camera Roll is linked to Library....   Like I said MS moved stuff around... 

New means new features...    Camera Roll is not new, Library is not new....   that's simple.

If you get 'Vault' in the library, then that's new.  Understand what I meant?

You don't get what ians18 and I mean. It's not about a new feature, it's about a new default Library having been added.

Would you see Camera roll in the library if you don't have a device with a camera?  Anyone on a desktop with a camera connected who still sees it?